Blues vs Canucks - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2003, 06:00 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Alright, I think I've made my point. I have to go eat. I'm starving.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:04 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:00 PM
does determining who "played better regardless of victory" really mean anything? whats the point of that? would it make you feel better to lose in the first round having played well, or winning the cup not playing as well? i would take the cup anyday, but either way, i think playing well and victory go hand in hand anyway. only losers think otherwise. "well we played well even though we lost." in my opinion that's a loser's mentality. if you didnt win than you didnt do enough to earn it. if you blame it on anything else than you just arent holding yourself accountable. you can only blame yourself when you lose.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #168
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Now you're changing the subject. We were arguing whether the Canucks outplayed the Blues last night, not whether it matters.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:08 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

and im saying if you lost you were outplayed, no if ands or buts about it. well maybe a few butts, big ones!

if you think otherwise than you have a loser mentality.

end of story, have a good lunch.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:13 PM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Ah, so now your retracting your previous statements. That's fair enough. I have to go eat now.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:16 PM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

well i have had more time to think about it. so yes i do retract them.

if you lose, dont try to make excuses and rationalize things by saying, well at least we outplayed them. thats bullshit, to outplay someone means to beat them on the scoreboard, and thats it. no other stats matter except whats on the scoreboard.

instead of thinking excuses of why you didnt win, try to think of ways you can win the next one. that is what a winner does, it's all about accountability.

so yes, if you lose a game, no matter what, you were outplayed.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
and im saying if you lost you were outplayed, no if ands or buts about it. well maybe a few butts, big ones!

if you think otherwise than you have a loser mentality.

end of story, have a good lunch.
A loser mentality is one that describes an opponent with a lack of respect. Maybe that's what happened with the Wings... (I don't think so personally).

Quote:
instead of thinking excuses of why you didnt win, try to think of ways you can win the next one. that is what a winner does, it's all about accountability.
Well I guess we can all gather that you are the oldest Blues fan in the world... "try to think of ways you can win the next one..."

Biggest reason why the Blues won't win (not necessarily this series):

Winners don't talk, they win.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:38 PM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

i dont see what you are getting at? are you saying the blues have been talking and described their opponents with a lack of respect?

if the blues don't win it is going to be because they were outplayed, plain and simple. and im afraid that may happen next round facing forsberg and roy.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:39 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm saying certain Blues fans have been showing a lack of respect... but it's all in good fun I guess...
Old 04-17-2003, 06:43 PM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

i dont think i have been too disrespectful. my only arguements have been that the blues have outplayed the canucks, a fact many people would agree with.

and i think i have been making valid points, if i were just saying, the canucks suck, eat shit griffiths, the blues rule!!!!, than that would be disrespectful.

and i dont think what the fans have to say is gonna be what dooms the blues

thats some good analysis though. the blues will not win because their fans are talking smack. you could work on espn with analysis like that
Old 04-17-2003, 06:50 PM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Work on ESPN, I wouldn't want to be a foreigner taking your job away... it's interesting that you say that my analysis is worthless, because by my estimation you were saying the same thing to Mikey.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dipshit
thats bullshit, to outplay someone means to beat them on the scoreboard
I have a feeling that you'll regret saying that... especially if you get the pleasure of playing Anaheim.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:52 PM   #177
Blue Crack Addict

hey if we lose, i will admit that we were outplayed, i have no problems admitting that.

on a lighter note:

Old 04-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

What I was getting at is that usually fans are representative of their favorite team. If the team is a whiner the fan is a whiner, if the team is arrogant and full of shit, the fan is arrogant and full of shit. No offense to you chizip... I wouldn't call you a whiner.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #179
Blue Crack Addict

i dont know if i would agree with that, i think every team has the same type of fans. every team has the classy fans, whiners, complainers, bandwagoners, etc... just for some teams, some are more vocal than others.

i could see how if the fans only heard the players whining and complaining, than i guess fans might do that as well, so maybe you do have a point.

such as all the canucks after the game yesterday were saying how well they played, now all their fans are echoing the same sentiments. some are even quoting them from last night , so you probably do have a point, so i apologize.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:32 PM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
well i have had more time to think about it. so yes i do retract them.

so yes, if you lose a game, no matter what, you were outplayed.
So you are now saying that it is impossible to play better than the other team and lose? That's quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard you type, for you would also have to commit to the supposition that it is impossible to win and play badly. You are forgetting all the ingredients that go into playing well and badly. Yes, the bottom line is to win, and that is the most important thing. But to suggest that playing well is of no importance unless you win is to suggest that how you win is of no consequence. And to suggest that, you would be tredding on very shaky ground because it is an integral component of any result, be it victory or loss. Therefore, to stick to the claim, "If you lose a game, no matter what, you were outplayed," would be to dismiss all the things in between the opening face-off and the final buzzer.