Blowhard Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Not necessarily. Tell me...10 artists that are on it. No song titles.

The more obscure artists or the ones I think you might know? :tongue:

LemonMelon said:

5 of each.

Fine China
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Starflyer 59
MuteMath
Hard-Fi
The Apples in Stereo
Stereophonics
The Fire Theft
The Soundtrack of Our Lives
Pete Yorn

For some reason it seems like it took longer for me to get to 100 posts in this thread than it normally does. :|

the tourist said:

Fine China
Starflyer 59
MuteMath
Hard-Fi
The Apples in Stereo
Stereophonics
The Fire Theft
The Soundtrack of Our Lives
Pete Yorn

Yeah, I'm going to have fun sorting through this one. I've heard of 6 of those.

the tourist said:
For some reason it seems like it took longer for me to get to 100 posts in this thread than it normally does. :|

Probably because you made a bunch of them listening to a single Genesis song.

LemonMelon said:

Probably because you made a bunch of them listening to a single Genesis song.

Probably. That and the regular Aussie crew is still vacant.

LemonMelon said:

MuteMath
Hard-Fi
The Apples in Stereo
Stereophonics
Pete Yorn

I like Mute Math and Apples quite a bit.

Kinda surprised you haven't heard of Soundtrack. They opened for a number of U2 Vertigo shows.

the tourist said:

Probably. That and the regular Aussie crew is still vacant.

And I find that very surprising. Usually I feel quite bad leaving you all behind to go to bed. :tongue:

Actually, I'll be going to bed as soon as the first half of PFan's album finishes. Right now I'm gonna stick with a B- for his playlist. I liked the transition from Won't Get Fooled Again to Zooropa quite a bit. Too bad the mixing on Zooropa is so amazingly muddy in comparison to Won't Get Fooled Again (and therefore feels a bit difficult).

Lots of atmosphere on the first half of PFan's, though. I gotta give him credit for that.

Hell, I'm gonna get through like 5 songs from PFan's list in that time. And 2 of them are really long even.

Giving Screwtape's list a B+ at the halfway point. If his list has a storyline, I have no idea why he would use Supper's Ready, considering it has a storyline of its own...seems as if it would clash.

Actually, I would've given his first half a B+, too. His second half, in my opinion, happens to be a C or so.

The average length for a song on my playlist is roughly 3 minutes. You'd be through it in no time.........if there weren't 44 songs on it. :lol:

Mine has 42 and is about 20 seconds shy of the limit. So my average song length is a bit under 4 minutes.

We're definitely going for a poppier sound than most others seem to...nothing wrong with that though. It's necessary. In all fairness, group 1 is probably the darkest of them all, so I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom