Bitche, France Superthread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
O'Hare was bloody insane. Couldn't believe how long it took me to get anywhere there. I think there were more people working there than there are people in my hometown.

Yeah Ive only been there like once... But Ive heard horror stories about that airport.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #92
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I spent four days in Chicago last year... O'Hare is huge, but nothing on Singapore airport. It doesn't smell of mould so much, either.

*still woozy from ExitMould fumes*

I did like the funky lights in one of the tunnel things under a runway in O'Hare...

I hear Hong Kong's airport is even more nuts. I'm sure if Ian hadn't vanished, he could tell us all about what airports are biggest and most insane.

And ooh, I didn't see that part of O'Hare! That might've made my stay more interesting. Though I was pretty fascinated by how it was still sunny at 8:30pm in late May, heh.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Ah, yeah, I've heard of that. Although the US is sorely lagging behind on public transport, some of the recent commuter rail services that have been introduced have actually been pretty innovative and some Aussie and Kiwi cities (less Melbourne and more Adelaide, Hobart, Auckland, etc.) could learn a lot from them.
The fare is what most people are bitching about $2.50 for a one-way ride.

It'd cost mor ein gas money even if it was 99 cents a gallon! People are nuts.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #94
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
The fare is what most people are bitching about $2.50 for a one-way ride.

It'd cost mor ein gas money even if it was 99 cents a gallon! People are nuts.
What the hell? People just don't think! I suppose their mentality is that they're paying $2.50 upfront each time, while when they're filling up on petrol, they pay say $40 a week and then every time they go to drive, it feels "free".

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
What the hell? People just don't think! I suppose their mentality is that they're paying $2.50 upfront each time, while when they're filling up on petrol, they pay say $40 a week and then every time they go to drive, it feels "free".
I guess, but you can buy monthly passes that you can use on the buses, frontrunner, and trax. and those are still cheaper than a full tank of gas.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #96
Vocal parasite

And since I'm mentioning how small my hometown is in comparison to O'Hare, this is my hometown ...

I fucking love that photo. Wish I could say I'd taken it myself. Suppose next time I go to New Zealand, I'll have to find that spot and take my own version!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #97
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I guess, but you can buy monthly passes that you can use on the buses, frontrunner, and trax. and those are still cheaper than a full tank of gas.
Yes, but that's being logical and not wedded to using a car.

Before I was declared legally blind, I hated paying $50 a month for my tram pass, but I couldn't complain too much about it since it was far better than forking over for petrol.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And since I'm mentioning how small my hometown is in comparison to O'Hare, this is my hometown ...

I fucking love that photo. Wish I could say I'd taken it myself. Suppose next time I go to New Zealand, I'll have to find that spot and take my own version!
I fucking love NZ and Aus. I swear there's no place on earth as beautiful.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Though I would like us to have that Phail session before a haircut, since this hair is good for rocking/Phailing out ...
Tell me where and when, and I'll be there...

Quote:
And ooh, I didn't see that part of O'Hare! That might've made my stay more interesting. Though I was pretty fascinated by how it was still sunny at 8:30pm in late May, heh.
I got spun out by suddenly being in the UK in August, where it was broad daylight at 9pm or so... didn't help the jetlag/time distortion much!

And I think this pic shows it better...

Old 07-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #100
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

That is a great photo... but there's a town there?? *peers under bush*

Old 07-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yes, but that's being logical and not wedded to using a car.

Before I was declared legally blind, I hated paying $50 a month for my tram pass, but I couldn't complain too much about it since it was far better than forking over for petrol.
exactly. it just cost me nearly $70 (!) to fill up my car. It'll last for a month, but still. The thing is our public transport is slow and well, retarded. I mean, I could take it where I needed to go in my car...if I had four hours to spare. I don't have that kind of time. So I have a car.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #102
Blue Crack Supplier

Jeebus, the wind's suddenly picked up here! Getting some very creepy shrieks around the house.

I think someone said a cold front was coming through... like it wasn't cold enough today!! (not a word, Ax!)
Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #103
Refugee

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
exactly. it just cost me nearly $70 (!) to fill up my car. It'll last for a month, but still. The thing is our public transport is slow and well, retarded. I mean, I could take it where I needed to go in my car...if I had four hours to spare. I don't have that kind of time. So I have a car.
Exactly I dont want to be somewhere an hour early or 20 mins late.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #104
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I fucking love NZ and Aus. I swear there's no place on earth as beautiful.
I think New Zealand's South Island is pretty much unrivalled. The West Coast is beyond belief. I need to go there again.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #105
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Jeebus, the wind's suddenly picked up here! Getting some very creepy shrieks around the house.

I think someone said a cold front was coming through... like it wasn't cold enough today!! (not a word, Ax!)
I still have two windows open and am sitting here in a t-shirt. It's cold but delightful.

(That's 17 words, not a word.)

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread