Billy Connolly, Phil Lynott's mum and some good advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Last night I watched Billy Connolly's 'World Tour of Dublin" I'm not sure if you guys have already discussed it here. If you were/are a Thin Lizzy fan it is a must see (or a mother)

I have to tell that little story. Billy called in to pay his respects at Phil's grave. They had been close friends in the goodold/bad old days. Phil's mother was there. She goes there every day, she said....to see the things the fans had left and tidy up a bit and give his grave stone a little kick 'cause he was a silly boy for taking drugs.. My o my, it was very beautiful.

And Billy gave some advice to the people of Ireland. I was going to use it as my signature here, but decided not to :)
goes somethiing like......
"..there's no such thing as bad weather...get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little.."

he is naughty though...liver dancing!!!:lol:

Cass, how nice of you to respond about that show, you know I watched it last night with my Dad and my Grandparents who are up here visiting me from Melbourne and we all laughed ourselves silly at Billy's antics and my Grandmother worked it out from one of the signs stating Billy's show dates that he was doing his shows around Ireland at the same time that she was there last year, although she never saw him however. I would love to sit through a night of Billy Connolly, I do think that it would be very funny and that you would leave with your sides hurting from laughing so much and my Dad was happy to see the Phill Lynot piece as my Dad was a huge fan of Thin Lizzy and I liked his liver dancing joke, for any of you who might of missed it, it went something like this,

Billy "I have come up with my own musical, it's a musical for drunks!!!!!.......its called liver dancing, and you stagger around with your hands in your pockets'- guess you had to see it, but it made me laugh out loud:)

Back
Top Bottom