Bill, Wyo. Superthread - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #691
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:45 PM
Go me. I had my camera at the Melbourne meet-up last month, but did I remember to use it when Ali and Melissa were around? Noooo. I only remembered when Ali had already left! But I TOOK PHOTOS OF TRAINS!

Here's the rear of a train disappearing into the City Loop, with my train arriving at left in the background.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 AM   #692
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

That was quite the achievement, then
I would say that it was written by Phail Collins, but since it was a Phail Collins joke ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 AM   #693
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Oh dangit, the picture I just drew in MSpaint won't resize nicely enough to be my new avatar.

Curses!
And let me guess: in discovering this, your computer froze about 10,000 separate times?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #694
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Ten bucks Axxo's 38000th is spent on an equally bad - if not worse - Phail Collins joke.

Or another terrible joke related to whatever Interfad is going on at that time.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #695
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
What pisses me off is the fact I in theory have to go in to the lecture at all! Melbourne Uni doesn't observe Labour Day. What the fuck is up with that? Do the others? UQ observes Queensland's Labour Day. I'm especially pissed because this is actually the only public holiday I SHOULD have had off. All the others fall on Fridays when I don't have class anyway, or during exam/holiday periods when it doesn't matter.

I far prefer cold. In cold weather, you can wrap up with more layers. Not much you can do in heat! Especially when you're me and you refuse to go outside with short sleeves or short pants. I'd love just a sprinkle of snow ...
Do you get Easter Monday? Or is that in a holiday or something (and heck, are there hols that soon?!)?

Monash didn't/doesn't observe Melbourne Cup day... I had an exam on that day one year. Thank god they put on buses for us to get to Caulfield!!

Fair point on wrapping up, but all else being equal, I'm more comfortable in warm weather... I hate being cold. I feel the cold more than the heat...
Old 03-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #696
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh dangit, the picture I just drew in MSpaint won't resize nicely enough to be my new avatar.

Curses!
Stoopid Paint/avatar restrictions...
Old 03-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #697
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ten bucks Axxo's 38000th is spent on an equally bad - if not worse - Phail Collins joke.

Or another terrible joke related to whatever Interfad is going on at that time.

Nah, it'll probably be calling somebody stupid for daring to suggest IALW is better than Heartland or something.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #698
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Do you get Easter Monday? Or is that in a holiday or something (and heck, are there hols that soon?!)?

Monash didn't/doesn't observe Melbourne Cup day... I had an exam on that day one year. Thank god they put on buses for us to get to Caulfield!!

Fair point on wrapping up, but all else being equal, I'm more comfortable in warm weather... I hate being cold. I feel the cold more than the heat...
Easter Monday is during the "midsemester" break, so while I have it off, I'd have it off even if it weren't observed. And way to come too early, Easter!

I don't think Melbourne University observes Melbourne Cup Day either. But the odds of that even mattering for me are very slim, as I will at most have two exams and the exam period is three weeks long.

When you come from Wellington, cold weather is about as natural as following rugby, not using over half of the available vowels, and hating Aucklanders. I love good cold weather; it reminds me I'm alive. A good breeze that chills you to the bone =

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #699
Blue Crack Supplier

Heartland

I took my bass home cos I feel so bad about not practicing the last few days....
Old 03-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #700
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
When you come from Wellington, cold weather is about as natural as following rugby, not using over half of the available vowels, and hating Aucklanders. I love good cold weather; it reminds me I'm alive. A good breeze that chills you to the bone =

I guess it's nice to be reminded that you're alive, when you're about to die of hypothermia. Still got all your fingers and toes?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #701
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:

Stoopid Paint/avatar restrictions...
Yeah,it was a rocking picture too. I had it all figured out and then not even Photoshop can make a pixelated paint picture look decent when resized.

And that is why I was a fool to draw the TV Gaga Bono in MS paint.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #702
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I guess it's nice to be reminded that you're alive, when you're about to die of hypothermia. Still got all your fingers and toes?

We Wellingtonians are a strange bunch sometimes, at least as far as weather goes. You Melburnians would be too, if it weren't for Tassie sheltering you from southerlies off the Antarctic!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #703
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Heartland

I took my bass home cos I feel so bad about not practicing the last few days....
You with your bass and Liam with his guitar are going to make me feel bad about neglecting my guitar and guilt me into getting it out and practising one of these days, aren't you?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #704
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Wow, I'm curious now!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #705
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You have simply GOT to share this with us anyway.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread