Bill, Wyo. Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

What's wrong with Helter Skelter?

It's a cover.

It is better than the Beatles version, I'll give it that, but fuck, what a simplistic song. No, though, I do enjoy it when I play it. But Watchtower and Pride can fuck off.

the tourist said:

Do we have to have our tracklists ready by Monday? I thought we had a few weeks for that....?

Yeah, you'll have a while. I felt like working on mine. I tend to take a while, fiddling with the order and such.

Honestly, I don't feel like mine's depressing enough, actually.

i wont even bother with lost til this weekend. i cant bother dl'ing the torrent.

looooooooooooove reeeeeeeeeeeeeeescue meeeeeeeeee

Axver said:

Yeah, you'll have a while. I felt like working on mine. I tend to take a while, fiddling with the order and such.

Honestly, I don't feel like mine's depressing enough, actually.

Mine will probably take 3 days or so of mulling, once I pick the songs.

Varitek said:
sshhh ax i often respect yoru opintion on shuit but i've always enjoyed r+h and never so mcuh as now when the moment is right

If RAH were just the studio tracks, it'd probably be in my top five albums. I mean, God Part II, Heartland, Hawkmoon, VDL, AIWIY, fuck yeah.

Also, I remember one previous time you posted here drunk, you told me you don't respect me any more because I dislike E. E. Cummings. :wink:

Varitek said:
this is why i dont htink i can do this game

Plus you're one of the few on this thread who still listens to a lot of U2!

Axver said:

Also, I remember one previous time you posted here drunk, you told me you don't respect me any more because I dislike E. E. Cummings. :wink:
I remember that. That's when I still thought Varitek was a boy.

Axver said:

If RAH were just the studio tracks, it'd probably be in my top five albums. I mean, God Part II, Heartland, Hawkmoon, VDL, AIWIY, fuck yeah.

what>>>>> you dislike ee cummingss??? fuck you!!!

i dont remember that previous time. but really? wtf!!!!!

also, i have posted here drunk more than once, more than whatever that time was

Axver said:

Hahaha, I used to. Now I listen to maybe one album a month or so.

Axver said:

and proud of it bitch.

yeah i'm a chick

yeah e e cummings

wait what thread was it that i repsonded to your hatred of eecummings? i know there was about a 3-4 wk period before we starnted the superthread business that i was drunk posting on either thurs, sat or both, but i dont recall this.

You know, I listened to Electrical Storm for the first time in at least a year and a half today.

If the new album sounded similar to that, I would be head-over-heels for U2 again. It's almost like they took a step back from Electrical Storm to the stuff off HTDAAB.

Varitek said:

and proud of it bitch.

yeah i'm a chick

yeah e e cummings

wait what thread was it that i repsonded to your hatred of eecummings? i know there was about a 3-4 wk period before we starnted the superthread business that i was drunk posting on either thurs, sat or both, but i dont recall this.
It was a Saturday. I believe in the (red) thread.

Canadiens1160 said:
You know, I listened to Electrical Storm for the first time in at least a year and a half today.

If the new album sounded similar to that, I would be head-over-heels for U2 again. It's almost like they took a step back from Electrical Storm to the stuff off HTDAAB.

Yeah, I actually agree with this. Electrical Storm was one of my early favourites when I was first going from being a casual fan to a fanatic. I still enjoy it a lot now. It has a couple of clunker lyrics, but shit, this is Bono, he's always thrown around clunkers, and the rest of the song's good enough to cover for them.

I still don't get why they didn't do it live on Vertigo.

the tourist said:

Hahaha, I used to. Now I listen to maybe one album a month or so.

I've listened to a fair bit of U2 in the last month, but some of that was playing things like Pop for the first time in a year. It was funny noticing how my opinions on songs changed. I used to love WUDM, for example, but the opening guitar shits me now. And I didn't really care about DYFL one way or the other before but now I think it's cool.

Axver said:

Yeah, I actually agree with this. Electrical Storm was one of my early favourites when I was first going from being a casual fan to a fanatic. I still enjoy it a lot now. It has a couple of clunker lyrics, but shit, this is Bono, he's always thrown around clunkers, and the rest of the song's good enough to cover for them.

Or why it didn't MAKE the Bomb. :mad:

anyway lrm got me home, i dont remember what got me out of rthe party but lrm got me through the hall up the stairs nd to my room, it was actually one of thsoe "i've never heard this song utnil now" moments

Axver said:

Yeah, it's god a good hard-edged guitar in the left channel holding things down, Edge's usual chimey stuff in the right channel, Bono absolutely nails some of the stuff, and it kicks into another gear entirely for the outro.

Really good stuff, and one of U2's better music videos as well. I know that's not saying a lot for a band with some pretty uneven videos, but Larry and his mermaid bride nailed it.

OH and Larry actually has some good, well-placed drum fills! Who'd have thought, huh?

Varitek said:

what>>>>> you dislike ee cummingss??? fuck you!!!

i dont remember that previous time. but really? wtf!!!!!

also, i have posted here drunk more than once, more than whatever that time was

He's pretty much the worst poet I've ever read. Once you get past his poncy presentation, which just reeks of trying too hard to be artistic, you get stuck with either 1. unsophisticated grade four poetry with no nuance or 2. incoherent bullshit.

I think he was a hack who wannabe intellectual types grasp onto as some kind of saviour so that they look like they have literary cred.

the tourist said:

It was a Saturday. I believe in the (red) thread.

which one? there have been about 5 in the last 2 weeks

(actually i'm just too drunk to find it. \several times the next day i have thought, i posted on interference drunk, i wish i were premium enoguh to seaqrch for my name ande find what i said."

heartland kicks fucking ass oh god

Axver said:

He's pretty much the worst poet I've ever read. Once you get past his poncy presentation, which just reeks of trying too hard to be artistic, you get stuck with either 1. unsophisticated grade four poetry with no nuance or 2. incoherent bullshit.

I think he was a hack who wannabe intellectual types grasp onto as some kind of saviour so that they look like they have literary cred.

SERIOUSLY? I TRY TO RESPECT YOUR INTELLECT BUT SERIOUSLY???

since feeling is first
who pays any attention to the syntax of things
will never wholy feel
wholly to be a fool
while spring is in the air

dude that sjust off the top of my mispelled drunken ass how can you not get that poem?????

Canadiens1160 said:
Yeah, it's god a good hard-edged guitar in the left channel holding things down, Edge's usual chimey stuff in the right channel, Bono absolutely nails some of the stuff, and it kicks into another gear entirely for the outro.

Really good stuff, and one of U2's better music videos as well. I know that's not saying a lot for a band with some pretty uneven videos, but Larry and his mermaid bride nailed it.

All the pre-HTDAAB talk about how it was going to rock really made me expect more in the vein of Electrical Storm. That would've been good. It certainly would've been better than the mindless sack of crap we got. I still am baffled why they removed the genuinely good lyrics from Native Son and Alt. ABOY.

I think I watched the music video about twice. I can't bring myself to care about them for the most part.

and yes, Electrical Strorm is majorly the shit.

ax/ian did you ever try it paired with UF? cause it works so well thqat way for me

ax i still don't trust you. you don't get ee cummings/????

Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(if the sky could crack, there must be some way back)

alright i actually had to go to the cut and paste for this cause i dont have it memorized thoroughly but seriously???

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

Varitek said:

SERIOUSLY? I TRY TO RESPECT YOUR INTELLECT BUT SERIOUSLY???

since feeling is first
who pays any attention to the syntax of things
will never wholy feel
wholly to be a fool
while spring is in the air

dude that sjust off the top of my mispelled drunken ass how can you not get that poem?????

I can't believe that's what you're going to try to pass off as good poetry. Seriously. E. E. Cummings isn't worthy to lick the dirt off Wilfred Owen's boots.

Canadiens1160 said:
Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(if the sky could crack, there must be some way back)

good stuff, as soon as r+h is over i'm listening to it. but we're still on god part ii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom