Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #541
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #542
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I really am tempted to start applying that logic to everything that happens in my life. For example: "I'm not sure what this test is on, but I did buy Greenspan's book."
you should, you'd be my hero.

and your father doesn't vote? why not? and i remember you discussing the thing about your mom
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #543
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan


That's a shame.
She thinks it goes towards judgement and that picking your religious leaders is the end all, be all.

I really have trouble arguing with her without saying I'm losing faith in religion, and she doesn't need to hear that from me.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #544
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
for the record, my mom is going to vote for obama (or whoever the dem nominee is) and my dad, last time we discussed it, said he wanted to vote for ron paul

he always votes republican i tease him for voting for richard nixon.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #545
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

you should, you'd be my hero.

and your father doesn't vote? why not? and i remember you discussing the thing about your mom
My dad doesn't really care about anything. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, but he's pretty simple. He likes sports, he likes movies, and that's about it.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #546
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Although my dad has expressed a dislike of Obama to my mother. I'm 95% sure she's trying to change my mind on him.

I just note that McCain doesn't know anything about the economy every time she does.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #547
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
My dad doesn't really care about anything. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, but he's pretty simple. He likes sports, he likes movies, and that's about it.
well boo. i always vote. i vote in every election that comes our way, i got that from my mom. we joke if there's an election for dog catcher, we'll vote for it.

i guess i can see why someone would feel that way, but i look at it like choosing your national leader affects how the whole nation is run, so i think everyone should have a say. even people who's opinions i disagree with.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #548
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:54 PM
I'm sure my father is a republican, though. All his brothers are republicans except for one, and his oldest brother is involved in politics in a republican town in Delaware County.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #549
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I'm sure my father is a republican, though. All his brothers are republicans except for one, and his oldest brother is involved in politics in a republican town in Delaware County.
i have no idea if my dad's brothers are republican or democrat. probably republican, since they're rich is it wrong for me to generalize like that? probably.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #550
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


She thinks it goes towards judgement and that picking your religious leaders is the end all, be all.

I really have trouble arguing with her without saying I'm losing faith in religion, and she doesn't need to hear that from me.
She's very religious, eh?

Mixing religion with politics is a messy business.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #551
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

well boo. i always vote. i vote in every election that comes our way, i got that from my mom. we joke if there's an election for dog catcher, we'll vote for it.

i guess i can see why someone would feel that way, but i look at it like choosing your national leader affects how the whole nation is run, so i think everyone should have a say. even people who's opinions i disagree with.
Yeah, people should vote. If they don't vote, they have no right to complain when things don't go the way they'd like them to.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #552
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:54 PM
She's pretty religious, yeah. She claims to be an independent, and I guess that is what she's registered, but her brothers, like my fathers, are all republicans.

As I told my English teacher, I'm the liberal child of conservative parents.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #553
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
She's very religious, eh?

Mixing religion with politics is a messy business.
that's what i was thinking. my mom's whole side of the family is catholic, and her dad (my pop-pop) is extremely religious. from the little i've heard him discuss politics, he's kept the two separate.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #554
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Yeah, people should vote. If they don't vote, they have no right to complain when things don't go the way they'd like them to.
I've never heard my father complain about politics. He watches the election process and comments on that and the debates, but I've never heard him make a legitimate comment on something happening politically.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #555
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,065
Local Time: 01:54 PM
I've got quite the liberal family.
__________________

__________________
phanan is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com