Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you don't upload a picture it gives you this

nopic.gif

The Sad Punk said:
Good luck with the dishes, Ax! You're a better man than I - I can't stand doing that stuff.

You're a man? :wink:

Dishes don't suck as much as vacuuming, I must say. Well, just did most of those that I had to do, put on a load of washing, and now I'm waiting for a salami, cheese, and tomato sandwich to toast. :drool:

oh. my. god. so this site has a chat function. some dude chatted me (no, i have no profile or picture up yet, so i dunno why)

this is from the travel part of his profile:
New York (I spent an entire afternoon wearing only for fun a red hammer and sickle t-shirt and didn't get lynched ; only negative remark by a "soon-to-be-drunk" guy standing out of a pub : "That's a fu**ed up shirt man !" Did the same in Harlem but had to explain to people there what it meant...I came out with the fabrication that I was representing some Black Panther Party-like inter-racial youth movement fighting for the rights of African-Americans. With that said, I only had to add the name of some Black rappers raised in that neighbourhood and they started treating me as one of their own, their homeboy. I love New York's open-mindedness and tolerance ;-)

:yikes:

Axver said:

You're a man? :wink:

Dishes don't suck as much as vacuuming, I must say. Well, just did most of those that I had to do, put on a load of washing, and now I'm waiting for a salami, cheese, and tomato sandwich to toast. :drool:

Human, then. :wink:

I have no problem with vacuuming. Just dishes are the problem, really. I don't like anything about it.

Salami, cheese and tomato... mmm, very good choice. I think I'm ordering from or going to an Italian restaurant tonight.

Ian, you'd love my vacuum cleaner. It sounds like a plane's about to land on top of you.

vacuuming IS awesome. also mopping, but not when you actually have to get things clean, because then you have to do it right. just the action of mopping isn't bad though with a little music.

Vacuuming and mopping are pretty crappy. Ironing is the worst.

Dusting, the washing, and dishes are tolerable.

Cooking is generally fun, though doing dinners for myself has long since gotten boring.

I'm with Axver on this one. Dishes > vacuuming. One is bland and monotonous, but in the other, you literally hear a very loud, monotonous sound for 20 minutes.

The Sad Punk said:

And dirty water.

Unless you had an intense hatred of small amounts of dust, vacuuming is all the way better.

Unlike Ian, I don't like planes landing on me.

So, I'm working on my B&C Genre Introduction thing for the Dunedin Sound. I think limiting this to one CD was overly optimistic ...

Ironing is pleasant! Just feel the clothes after they have been ironed. So good. So rewarding. No dirty water.

you literally hear a very loud, monotonous sound for 20 minutes.

You listen to Radiohead, you shouldn't have a problem with this!

Axver said:
So, I'm working on my B&C Genre Introduction thing for the Dunedin Sound. I think limiting this to one CD was overly optimistic ...

Tell me about it. I have about 150 years of black soul music to whittle down.

The Sad Punk said:

This sounds really good. What artists were you thinking of putting on there?

Well, it'll probably contain a bit of the usual 60's pop stuff, but not too much. I would dip into the 70's a bit, but LMP called funk already. I want to focus more on the deeper, southern gospel-flavored kinds of soul. And, of course, Philly always had a great soul scene.

LemonMelon said:

But I was able to blunt it a bit. Chalk it up to luck, but I deserve SOME credit for that. :grumpy:

I want to know what it DID say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom