Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to check the dates, and whether or not they're actually about to release another album or not, but if The Killers release an album this fall, I think they will have released 3 albums, and completely existed during the space between Bomb and This Album :lmao:

Yeah, but The Killers fucking suck and are releasing albums 10,000 bands have already released, so that's not really much of a feat.

Hah, my mother loves MW a lot too. How old is your mother? I have a theory that any woman who was in her early 30s at the start of the 1990s loves MW. I just find MW studio to be pathetically weak compared to the live versions, and Edge's guitar tone has always been better live. It sounds a bit ... muffled, I guess, in the studio.

Mom'll be 41 next week so :hmm: that means she was 24 when AB came out.

... wait, that's a line in TTTYAATW? I don't recognise it at all.

I copied the line from U2wanderer. They don't seem to know the full line :lol: it's the part right before Nothing much to say I guess/Just the same as all the rest where the beat changes for a moment

Mom'll be 41 next week so :hmm: that means she was 24 when AB came out.

Ahh, OK, so a bit younger then. Wow, my mother turns 50 next year. :ohmy:

I copied the line from U2wanderer. They don't seem to know the full line :lol: it's the part right before Nothing much to say I guess/Just the same as all the rest where the beat changes for a moment

Huh, OK. It doesn't seem familiar whatsoever to me. But then, it's TTTYAATW, a song I doubt I've ever played even 20 times, so ...

Ahh, OK, so a bit younger then. Wow, my mother turns 50 next year. :ohmy:

My mom's kinda young, she was 20 when I was born, 24 when my sister was born. My dad's 43.

Huh, OK. It doesn't seem familiar whatsoever to me. But then, it's TTTYAATW, a song I doubt I've ever played even 20 times, so ...

:shrug: it's just one of those things that they do that I really like. There's a couple of songs by them that have just one or two moments in them that I like more than the rest of the song (In A Little While ~ Rocketship Line for one)

Man, Acrobat was on the DI III list I had made before my iPod crashed. IMO it was the best thing I'd made so far, and I can't even begin to remember how it went now :sad: It was a nice piece of work as far as I'm concerned though

I have to confess that I'm listening to 409. :lol:

Remember how excited people were for this new direction U2 was taking? :lmao:

Some people even had signatures about it! I'd be pretty embarrassed now if that had been me, but I never dug 409 much in the first place. I Believe (402) and All My Life (404) are the places to be.

Some people even had signatures about it! I'd be pretty embarrassed now if that had been me, but I never dug 409 much in the first place. I Believe (402) and All My Life (404) are the places to be.

One of those sounded just like a Howie Day song, I swear to God. That kinda turned me off of those particular Beach Clips :lol:

My mom's kinda young, she was 20 when I was born, 24 when my sister was born. My dad's 43.

Ah, right. My mother was 27 when she had me. But my grandmother was 18 (nearly 19) when she had my mother, so ...

:shrug: it's just one of those things that they do that I really like. There's a couple of songs by them that have just one or two moments in them that I like more than the rest of the song (In A Little While ~ Rocketship Line for one)

Ah, yeah. The rocketship verse is the only tolerable part of IALW to me.

Fuckng MacPhisto! I hated the way he would sing Ultraviolet. But LIB is gold live.

/semi-random

One of those sounded just like a Howie Day song, I swear to God. That kinda turned me off of those particular Beach Clips :lol:

I have no idea what a Howie Day song is meant to sound like.

402 and 404 were the rockin' ones, 400 became WITS, and 403 was that cliche Thank You track.

Ah, yeah. The rocketship verse is the only tolerable part of IALW to me.

What a random thing to agree on :lol:

Satellite of Love is the other one (I realize though it's not their song) where there's only like one or two lines I really like: I watched it for a little while/I love to watch things on TV

I have no idea what a Howie Day song is meant to sound like.

402 and 404 were the rockin' ones, 400 became WITS, and 403 was that cliche Thank You track.

IT WAS 403! :lol:

Howie Day (though I actually kind of like him) is a 00s adult alternative singer, which is why I hated the idea that anything U2 sang sounded like him to me at all.

Holy shit, Truenorth by No-Man is easily one of the best songs Steven Wilson has ever been involved with. This is one of the most beautiful atmospheric tracks I have ever heard. And for once I'm thankful Tim Bowness rather than SW handles No-Man's vocals, because I cannot at all see SW singing this.

What a random thing to agree on :lol:

Satellite of Love is the other one (I realize though it's not their song) where there's only like one or two lines I really like: I watched it for a little while/I love to watch things on TV

Heh, the Satellite cover just bores me. I've never paid much attention to it to develop either a particular fondness or a particular hatred of anything there. It's simply an automatic skip.

IT WAS 403! :lol:

Howie Day (though I actually kind of like him) is a 00s adult alternative singer, which is why I hated the idea that anything U2 sang sounded like him to me at all.

Ahh, right. 403 is called Thank You (For The Day) and has been performed live by Lanois on occasions. I doubt it'll make it to the album; I sure hope not anyway, as the lyrics floating around are just dumb. More over-obvious bollocks, really.

'Daft' is stupid or foolish, though not perhaps as harsh. I see a progression: silly --> daft --> stupid. It also has connotations of senselessness, of simply just not thinking. "What he did was just daft!"

Screw, I pretty much stick to Studio Ghibli when it comes to Japanese Animation, not a big fan of Anime, though I won't not watch it either :shifty:

Ahh, right. 403 is called Thank You (For The Day) and has been performed live by Lanois on occasions. I doubt it'll make it to the album; I sure hope not anyway, as the lyrics floating around are just dumb. More over-obvious bollocks, really.

Huh I must've missed that along the way. Lanois sang the song? Was it like a full song and did anyone ever like record it?

Ashley, check your e-mails soon. Just sending you something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom