bathroom stall build quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
we need someone to do for bathroom stalls what the japanese auto firms did for cars so many decades ago.

seams that were previously measured in centimetres began to be measured in millimetres with the innovations of the japanese firms.

todays bathroom stalls have gaps which are far too large between door and frame. it is nonsensical.

i am also concerned about pointy edges on things. but that will wait for another day.

The gaps are wide, and getting wider. The distance between floor and door is also an issue which needs to be examined by the bathroom stall architects of the future.

Last edited:
g costanza once addressed the issue of door height. he was an informal bathroom stall visionary who wanted to shatter everything you thought you know about bath room stall doors at yankee stadium. his spirit and imagination, however, were quashed.

zonelistener: there have been no actual incidents, fortunately. it is just something that amazes me everytime. why not close that gap? i mean...come on?

My complaint is the shoddy construction of bathroom stalls. One time, I went to the bathroom at Wal*Mart, and as I was going to leave the stall, the stall door fell off. :uhoh: How the hell did THAT happen??

Then there was the one time in high school when the door got stuck and wouldn't open. I was trapped inside, and I didn't want to crawl under (the floor was disgusting). I scrunched up as far back in the stall as I could and threw myself at the stall door. The door opened, and I barreled out into a group of upperclassmen. :reject:

I agree. The gaps are far too large. Another concern is the door height/door placement. Doors are quite often made too small and placed too low so that people walking around outside can simply look over and see you sitting in your bare-assed glory right there.

Public bathrooms are disgusting eneough. I believe they should attempt to make the experience better.

Kobesan, I say you look into the matter. You could be a millionaire. Consider this your thesis project.

for future reference, and to quell future woes:

dan_11.jpg

mr. mcslanterson,

perhaps you should wear less...:slant:...fast striped track pants. this may help you with your...:slant:...agility and therefore you will not have to worry about corners.

that or make a corner map. :slant:

sincerely,
a concerned citizen.

I love when they hang the doors improperly so that the two parts of the lock don't meet up. They also put the door too close to the toilet a lot, so that you practically have to stand on the toilet to get the door closed. I don't see how a large person could get the door closed in some bathrooms.

Lilly said:
mr. mcslanterson,

perhaps you should wear less...:slant:...fast striped track pants. this may help you with your...:slant:...agility and therefore you will not have to worry about corners.

a mcslanterson that doesnt :slant: quickly is more a :der: than a :slant:.
your corner capper has cured one of my problems. thank you, lilly, for both your wisdom and your concern.

What about the handi-capped? Have you ever been in their stalls? The toilet is strategically placed right smack dab in the centre of this afformentioned over-sized gap. :| It's horrible.

I would like to see public bathrooms designed in such a way that one can get in and out without touching anything with one's hands. This, for me, is always the goal: in and out without touching. Flushing, sink, paper towel, door operations should all happen preferably with the feet but I'll accept elbows.

In and out, no hands.

I also like to announce "In and out, no hands!" to friends when I'm successful, especially when it precedes sharing popcorn at the movies.

zonelistener said:
guys don't wash their hands.
in and out, no hands washed.

:barf: remind me never, ever to sit next to you or shake your hands.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I would like to see public bathrooms designed in such a way that one can get in and out without touching anything with one's hands. This, for me, is always the goal: in and out without touching. Flushing, sink, paper towel, door operations should all happen preferably with the feet but I'll accept elbows.

Yup! Me too! :yes: I flush with my foot.

And for once, I would like walk into a bathroom where tinkle is NOT on the toilet seat.

Originally posted by Lilly
i prefer the handicapped stall

The big bathroom scares me! Too much room! :no:

the fact that sides of stalls are no longer need freaks me out!:no: At a rest stop on a recent roadtrip the bathroom that I went into had no sides all you had was the door no sides!! :ohmy:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

And for once, I would like walk into a bathroom where tinkle is NOT on the toilet seat.

I always wonder how women manage to pee on the toilet seat so much...squatters maybe? :confused:

The worst feeling in the world is sitting down and not noticing that the seat is wet...even with a seatcover, it still touches you EEEEWWWWW :yuck:

adamswildhoney said:
the fact that sides of stalls are no longer need freaks me out!:no: At a rest stop on a recent roadtrip the bathroom that I went into had no sides all you had was the door no sides!! :ohmy:

the one at a park near my house has sides but no doors...I will not use that restroom :tsk:

Bono's American Wife said:

I always wonder how women manage to pee on the toilet seat so much...squatters maybe? :confused:

The worst feeling in the world is sitting down and not noticing that the seat is wet...even with a seatcover, it still touches you EEEEWWWWW :yuck:

You mean you actually SIT on public toilet seats? Not me--I'm a veteran squatter, just like my mommy taught me at the Virginia County Fair.

I won't sit on the seat either and I try not to touch anything. If the bathroom door has no hook you can loop the shoulder strap of your purse over the corner of the door. When i was in high school it was popular to not carry a backpack, just carry your notebook and a purse (which I didn't do) and all these girls would just throw their notebooks onto the floor of their bathroom stall :barf:

joyfulgirl said:

You mean you actually SIT on public toilet seats? Not me--I'm a veteran squatter, just like my mommy taught me at the Virginia County Fair.

it depends on where I am...in a nice clean place, I sit with several layers of seatcovers but in a gross place, I squat.

But I don't spray the seat and still wonder why so many women do :reject: :confused:

i do the toilet paper on the seat thing...

and i am highly amused how this thread got taken over by women...but we really do get the shaft in bathroom situations...:down:

Back
Top Bottom