Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

major_panic

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So far, we've visited:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska
- Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland

Now we go off to the Bastard Township in Ontario. During the mid 1990s there was a proposal to change the name of the township to something less offensive. One of the proposals was Beverly Hills Township most likely because of the Beverly Lakes located in the area. Many residents rejected the proposal and a campaign was started with the slogan "Proud to be a Bastard".

We thought it especially appropriate given the names of the last two threads.

The Sad Punk said:
Also because we're bastards.

Last edited:
Yeah, after Vagina and Wetwang, you'd expect a Bastard ...

Standings from the previous thread: again dominated by the Aussies, but this time PFan and Vari gave a strong showing.

Axver 252
mysterious_jen 173
The Sad Punk 117
major_panic 111
Varitek 96
phillyfan26 77
coolian2 51
Alisaura 50
LemonMelon 17
Lila64 11
RavenBlue 9
liamcool 9
KhanadaRhodes 9
hardyharhar 6
cinnaminson 5
gluey 4
DreamOutLoud13 3
WildHoney 3
Dalton 2
U2democrat 1

I love how my 40,000th post came in a thread called Cunter.

"DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE EDGE? I DO!"

Not in the most unsexy Elevation ever ...

Axver said:
"DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE EDGE? I DO!"

Not in the most unsexy Elevation ever ...

Just the mere fact that he said it is enough to send me into hysterics, or pretty close.

Well, after BD, Elevation, and some of Desire, I just don't think I can take any more of that!

LemonMelon said:
It's time for Axver to answer a very challenging question:

http://forum.interference.com/t185334.html

WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED IN THIS THREAD YET? YOU'RE BEING WORSHIPED THERE. GET YOUR PRIORITIES IN ORDER.

worshipped and turned into old greggg

:lmao:

incidentally no trains last nigth axe, stayed up late enough and drank enough wine to kill the deamon for one night, but dont know if i will be so lucky tonite .

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Although his "Hoooooo!" is being hit with a high falsetto, higher than Bono's D3 in the normal Elevation... :hmm:

Axver said:
Well, after BD, Elevation, and some of Desire, I just don't think I can take any more of that!

hahaloljn3.jpg

You mean there wasn't any of this? :(

mysterious_jen said:
incidentally no trains last nigth axe, stayed up late enough and drank enough wine to kill the deamon for one night, but dont know if i will be so lucky tonite .

Goddamnit, Jen.

Siemens.jpg

Siemens.jpg

Siemens.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Gabe sounds like Eric Cartman when he sings BD's chorus. It's the straining in his voice that tipped me off.

LemonMelon said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Gabe sounds like Eric Cartman when he sings BD's chorus. It's the straining in his voice that tipped me off.

:lol: Yep, I can see that.

LemonMelon said:

:yes: Agreed.

He doesn't look like Bono, he doesn't sound even remotely like Bono, and he has no stage presence. What a tribute band! :up:

I'm not kidding you people, I once told my mom that I thought I could sing like Bono when I was 11. It was cute then. Gabe's like 32.

Axver said:
He doesn't look like Bono, he doesn't sound even remotely like Bono, and he has no stage presence. What a tribute band! :up:

Go to the "hype" link at the top. People like that are the ones that'd buy tickets to Liechtenstein to see a special one-night-only midnight concert. That or they're deaf and blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom