Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:

Top six is certianly not a pipe dream, though I will miss Cousins.

soory all, but im going to bed!

See ya Dan! Enjoy your two weeks off (and don't spend it all here like we do)!

major_panic said:

The screams! The rules! The shouting! The ducking and frantic manoeuvres! The tactics! The psychology! THE CRASHES!

It's a man's life at sea... Although there were some girls who were really, really good at it.

Sailing :drool:

:lol:

Yachting crashes are awesome. Terrible thing to say, but they are.

My favourite yachting moment ever is from the ... I forget if it was the 1995 or 1999 America's Cup, but when Australia's boat snapped in half and sunk. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.

COBL_04 said:

Top six is certianly not a pipe dream, though I will miss Cousins.

soory all, but im going to bed!

Pfft, the night's still young.

Have a good one. :wave:

Axver said:

Yachting crashes are awesome. Terrible thing to say, but they are.

My favourite yachting moment ever is from the ... I forget if it was the 1995 or 1999 America's Cup, but when Australia's boat snapped in half and sunk. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.

Would you believe that I've been run aground at Albert Park before? I don't even know how it happened - I was sailing in parallel with one my mates, his sail got caught in mine, we both went straight at a ramp, he managed to pull away at the last moment... and I didn't.

And EPIC crashes like anything in the America's Cup are worthy of demotivational posterising.

major_panic said:

Would you believe that I've been run aground at Albert Park before? I don't even know how it happened - I was sailing in parallel with one my mates, his sail got caught in mine, we both went straight at a ramp, he managed to pull away at the last moment... and I didn't.

And EPIC crashes like anything in the America's Cup are worthy of demotivational posterising.

:lmao: What a classic story. That's hilarious.

And OK, give me a minute here ...

All right, I think it's time I headed off. See you all later! We've done a pretty good job I think, pushed the thread past half-way.

See ya, bastards! :wave:

edit: I'll wait for the poster

This is ridiculous, the sinking of oneAustralia was televised, and yet I can't find any images of it! Oh well. Maj., if I find anything, I'll save it for tomorrow. :)

Have a good night! :wave:

I'm trying to think of new demotivational posters but I've nothing. That thread is so the best thing to happen to EYKIW in ... a long fucking time. Makes a change from "least favourite album", Peterrrrr threads, and fridges sounding like So Cruel.

By the way, from everyone's favourite website, this brought the lulz for me:

Singel Clannad Feat. Bono - In A Life Time Bono does an amazing jog in the end of the song.

... a jog?!

Yeah, I have a block for that as well. I honestly couldn't really think of much but just put the scattered ideas I had in poster form, even though they'd probably have worked in a different medium.

Axver said:
By the way, from everyone's favourite website, this brought the lulz for me:

Singel Clannad Feat. Bono - In A Life Time Bono does an amazing jog in the end of the song.

... a jog?!

:lol: I noticed that too and was tempted to quote it.

Personally, I can not even imagine In a Lifetime era Bono jogging, let alone musically. Whatever that means. Perhaps it's another "rain note"?

u2bonosweatsflipflopsxj4.jpg

Fucking THONGS.

The Sad Punk said:

:lol: I noticed that too and was tempted to quote it.

Personally, I can not even imagine In a Lifetime era Bono jogging, let alone musically. Whatever that means. Perhaps it's another "rain note"?

I'm wondering if it's a typo of "amazing job"? The keys are close on our keyboards, not sure about Swedish ones though. I know German ones have a few surprising differences.

Whatever the case, I'm happy for it to join the Rain Note club.

bono_man2002 said:
Its fucking pissing down, thunderstorms, and its too fucking hot to sleep.

Move to Melbourne. The storms have been and gone down here. :up:

Axver said:

I'm wondering if it's a typo of "amazing job"? The keys are close on our keyboards, not sure about Swedish ones though. I know German ones have a few surprising differences.

Whatever the case, I'm happy for it to join the Rain Note club.

Just looked at a picture of a Swede's keyboard and I'm afraid to say they do use a (slightly modified) Qwerty system. I would like to think it wasn't a typo, though. And in any case, there's nothing about "Rain note" that suggests a typo. :lol:

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:

I'm loving the storm. The Fact that I CANT FUCKING SLEEP is whats shitting me.

Clearly :wink:

:lol: You'll die of sleep deprivation in Queensland. Victorian storms are so pissweak.

The Sad Punk said:

Just looked at a picture of a Swede's keyboard and I'm afraid to say they do use a (slightly modified) Qwerty system. I would like to think it wasn't a typo, though. And in any case, there's nothing about "Rain note" that's a typo. :lol:

Yeah, if it is a typo, it's a fairly rare one. And Rain Note is just classic. Bloody hell, that was too funny.

And this CREEPS ME THE FUCK OUT:

Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack The Ground Beneath Her Feet The Beautiful words: "Where there's only love"

Axver said:

:lol: You'll die of sleep deprivation in Queensland. Victorian storms are so pissweak.

Its just my piece of shit bedroom that feels like an oven in summer and feels like a freezer in winter.

Fucking hell. I'm going to shut down the comptuer AGAIN!

Continue....

:wave:

bono_man2002 said:
Its just my piece of shit bedroom that feels like an oven in summer and feels like a freezer in winter.

Fucking hell. I'm going to shut down the comptuer AGAIN!

Continue....

:wave:

See, to get a better bedroom, you need to move. To Melbourne. You travel here enough as it is!

Axver said:

Yeah, if it is a typo, it's a fairly rare one. And Rain Note is just classic. Bloody hell, that was too funny.

And this CREEPS ME THE FUCK OUT:

Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack The Ground Beneath Her Feet The Beautiful words: "Where there's only love"

Damn, you know I am actually genuinely concerned about the fellows mental condition. It is one thing for a heterosexual woman to sweat over a Robin Williams by any other name, it is another thing entirely for what I think is a heterosexual man to want to make love to his voice.

It would still be kind of weird if he turned out gay too, as you can't fuck a voice.

The Sad Punk said:

Damn, you know I am actually genuinely concerned about the fellows mental condition. It is one thing for a heterosexual woman to sweat over a Robin Williams by any other name, it is another thing entirely for what I think is a heterosexual man to want to make love to his voice.

It would still be kind of weird if he turned out gay too, as you can't fuck a voice.

Yeah, I would have grave concerns about anybody who can even disturb PLEBAns. He's taken this beyond obsession and into stalkerism, pretty much.

bono_man2002 said:
Yes, I just have to quit my job, find a new job, and then find a place to stay.

Easy as ABC. Right? :shifty:

Move in with your girlfriend, do an engineering degree, and find work. Easy. :wink:

Alternatively, I can employ you as a servant. I pay 5c a day and you can sleep on the kitchen floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom