Bastard Township Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, now I'm feeling screwed. There's no info in the reader. Maybe it's in one of those e-mails he sent us all at the start of semester?

Axver said:
OK, now I'm feeling screwed. There's no info in the reader. Maybe it's in one of those e-mails he sent us all at the start of semester?

Let's find out... *opens email account*

Hi all,

I hope you are enjoying the break as you should. Just a litte note
regarding the short essay that's due on 14 April 2008.

1. Please note that as I've announced during the past lectures, the tutors
are expected to provide the students with the question(s) and the format
of the short essay. I only extended the deadline in consideration of the
Easter break. So if any student is still in doubt of how to deal with the
short essay please contact your tutor.

2. During a tute last week, some students asked me regarding the short
essay saying that their tutor had not provided them with any questions,
etc. I then suggested that they consider the following question as an
alternative (in case the tutor had not provided any question(s) to them.

THE QUESTION:

Statement: "TERRORISM CAN NEVER BE JUSTIFIED". DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE
WITH THIS STATEMENT? WITH REFERENCE TO SPECIFIC READINGS, GIVE REASONS TO
SUPPORT YOUR POSITION.

Pls: This question is based on a week 2 reading i.e. Walter Laqueur's
chapter "Terrorism and History" p.9. (You can find the specific paragraphs
on page 112 of the reading pack/reader).

While the question is framed based on that reading, your answers may draw
from any other reading(s) as well. I hope the tutors can help provide a
list of readings that they feel their students may use to help them answer
this question asap.

3. In addition to this question, tutors are free to provide any number of
alternative questions. Please feel free to contact either me or your
tutors in case you need further clarification.

Cheers,

Muhd

So... I guess that's the one I'll be doing, then.

The Sad Punk said:

Thanks. :up: I'm still here, just can't really contribute to a conversation about your tutes.

You can always do what I do when I have no idea what's going on and just say random crap, for example

SHOWGAYSHIP

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

major_panic said:

ORGANISATION

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

:lol:

What a fuck-up. Ugh. Can you forward that e-mail onto my Gmail address? Thanks.

The Sad Punk said:

Thanks. :up: I'm still here, just can't really contribute to a conversation about your tutes.

So let's talk about AFL teams we hate.

I think the following four are the pits: Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, and Sydney. You?

Axver said:

What a fuck-up. Ugh. Can you forward that e-mail onto my Gmail address? Thanks.

Email sent.

Also:

1. Short essay (25%)

This shall include a summary and a critical review of any ONE selected reading from the list of ‘required’ readings provided in the course outline. Students can pick any reading of their choice. The reading selected must relate to the topics to be covered from week one to week four of the semester. A review of any reading from week six and to week ten will NOT be accepted for this assignment. The length of the essay should be between 900 and 1000 words. The essays are due at the end of the lecture on week four, i.e. 3 April, 2008. The short essays should be handed over in class after the lecture.

From the handbook or whatever.

Maj., thanks for forwarding that on to me. I'm going to get in touch with our tutor as I have his e-mail address and see if he can provide other topics. That one is kinda basic and sucky.

Axver said:
Maj., thanks for forwarding that on to me. I'm going to get in touch with our tutor as I have his e-mail address and see if he can provide other topics. That one is kinda basic and sucky.

Mind asking him for me, or passing his email address on to me as well? Because this is just Sucky McSuck-Suck.

Axver said:

I think the following four are the pits: Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, and Sydney. You?

Whoever we're playing. :wink:

Mainly Crows, Port, Saints and Swans. Would hate Geelong because of our old rivalry with them, but I think they're a bunch of good blokes now.

major_panic said:

Mind asking him for me, or passing his email address on to me as well? Because this is just Sucky McSuck-Suck.

The plan was to forward his response on to you. :)

(Though I seem to remember him saying he was going on holiday up to QLD ... hopefully he'll still check his e-mails!)

Axver said:

I can't really get excited about AFL, however it's still better than American football. And it's a real man's sport.

The Sad Punk said:

Whoever we're playing. :wink:

Mainly Crows, Port, Saints and Swans. Would hate Geelong because of our old rivalry with them, but I think they're a bunch of good blokes now.

Why the hate for both SA teams?

I actually felt positively towards the Saints and considered supporting them until they announced that they're moving their administrative headquarters to Frankston. Fuck those bogans.

Axver said:

The plan was to forward his response on to you. :)

(Though I seem to remember him saying he was going on holiday up to QLD ... hopefully he'll still check his e-mails!)

WE'RE SCREWED. SRSLY.

major_panic said:

I can't really get excited about AFL, however it's still better than American football. And it's a real man's sport.

American football isn't even a sport. It's a way to keep the functionally braindead amused with something that moves slowly enough for them to follow.

I enjoy AFL. It's not the centre of my sporting life, but it's fun to watch a handful of games each month.

Do you have a team you nominally support and/or hate, or anything like that? I mean, we do live in Melbourne.

major_panic said:

WE'RE SCREWED. SRSLY.

Dude, worst that can happen is that we'll have two weeks to work on an essay of 1,000 words based solely on stuff in the reading pack. You can do that in a night. Don't worry yourself!

And our tutor's a fucking cool guy. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we could talk him into an extension.

Axver said:

American football isn't even a sport. It's a way to keep the functionally braindead amused with something that moves slowly enough for them to follow.

I enjoy AFL. It's not the centre of my sporting life, but it's fun to watch a handful of games each month.

Do you have a team you nominally support and/or hate, or anything like that? I mean, we do live in Melbourne.

I honestly don't care at all. That being said, I don't care about sport at all unless it involves me personally, and those are usually niche sports. I'm special that way: sailing and martial arts were my main sports through high school.

Axver said:

Dude, worst that can happen is that we'll have two weeks to work on an essay of 1,000 words based solely on stuff in the reading pack. You can do that in a night. Don't worry yourself!

And our tutor's a fucking cool guy. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we could talk him into an extension.

:hi5:

Thank God for, well, stuff.

major_panic said:

I honestly don't care at all. That being said, I don't care about sport at all unless it involves me personally, and those are usually niche sports. I'm special that way: sailing and martial arts were my main sports through high school.

Sailing, a niche sport? Psh, it's only just behind rugby and cricket for New Zealand. We're one of the best sailing countries in the world. :drool:

(Still heartbroken over last year's America's Cup. Ugh. ONE LOUSY FUCKING SECOND AND THINGS MAY HAVE BEEN SO TOTALLY DIFFERENT.)

Axver said:

Why the hate for both SA teams?

I actually felt positively towards the Saints and considered supporting them until they announced that they're moving their administrative headquarters to Frankston. Fuck those bogans.

I hate the SA teams because I live in SA and have to put up with them all the time. I'd have to say I hate Port less though, because at least their SANFL club has a strong history. The Crows are just corporate shit.

Also, Crows fans are THE bogans of the world. Very much arseholes, too. I know of cases in which Crows supporters would trash cars owned by supporters of the opposition that were parked outside Footy Park.

As for the Saints, eh... they just don't do anything for me. But I certainly don't hate them as much as the Crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom