Bangaluru Bangers Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:
The meet up was awesome. Must do that again soon... and you're not allowed to chicken out, Jen! :wink:

Agreed fully!

We should totally do a Melburnian Interferencers Saint Paddy's Day meetup. Though the 17th is a Monday ...

unico said:
me too! i'm ashamed to say i haven't stroked the bass in months. :( it's probably mad at me, and i probably forgot how to play at all. depending on how much studying i get done today, i might be able to play a bit this weekend.
Awesome :D Definitely pick it up and give it some lurve. :wink: Mine was pretty forgiving after I neglected it for years... I started marking it off on the calendar when I practised. Last time was the 24th....

That reminds me, I really need a mentor or teacher for playing trumpet. I bought one at the end of last year, having no idea with what to do with it, but my brother needed a trumpet player for his next work and thought it'd be good if I got back into playing music.

The trumpet's been laying in its case for the past two months, untouched for a while. :(

It's the open notes, mainly - they're bitches.

Last edited:
Alisaura said:

Awesome :D Definitely pick it up and give it some lurve. :wink: Mine was pretty forgiving after I neglected it for years... I started marking it off on the calendar when I practised. Last time was the 24th....

will do!!! my 2nd fav band ever really reached out to me. the bassist sent me all the tabs he had, and even did my requests. so now i better practice. everytime i go to a gig and he nods i fear that i might be invited on stage to play or something. i'd be so ashamed if i had to tell him "sorry dude, after that very generous gesture i haven't done shit"

i'm glad yours was forgiving. i hope mine is too.

okay i better go walk my dog. now he's making me feel guilty. i'll be back in a few hours!

I totally need to get back into playing guitar.

Guitar. How mundane amongst you people with your basses and trumpets.

But the electric guitar owns.

I played guitar for a while, still get it out sometimes and am surprised that I'm capable of learning stuff quickly, I just have very little motivation for it. Got a guitar pedal for christmas with the intention of recording some basic shoegaze stuff, but I don't really know how to use it very well. :(

Kind of ruins my dreams of being an ultimate rock and roll astronaut, but you know, something might come up. Hopefully.

Axver said:
We should totally do a Melburnian Interferencers Saint Paddy's Day meetup. Though the 17th is a Monday ...
The Aust. U2 Show is playing the Dan O'Connoll (sp?) Hotel on St Pat's day.. shame I have no freaking clue where that is.

Ticket is bought! :up:

The Sad Punk said:
I played guitar for a while, still get it out sometimes and am surprised that I'm capable of learning stuff quickly, I just have very little motivation for it. Got a guitar pedal for christmas with the intention of recording some basic shoegaze stuff, but I don't really know how to use it very well. :(

Kind of ruins my dreams of being an ultimate rock and roll astronaut, but you know, something might come up. Hopefully.

ahh we all want to be rock gods . ive learned to let it go . except for singing around the house.

1191866467_f.jpg

Oh, that rascal!

The Sad Punk said:

I can't fucking tune the guitar. I keep meaning to buy a tuner and I never do. I find that if I have a guitar in tune, I'm not all too shithouse. Early U2 stuff is very fun to play. But I just don't have the ear to tune the damn thing.

Shoegaze! :drool: I'd love some rockin' effects pedals too ...

The Sad Punk said:
That reminds me, I really need a mentor or teacher for playing trumpet. I bought one at the end of last year, having no idea with what to do with it, but my brother needed a trumpet player for his next work and thought it'd be good if I got back into playing music.

The trumpet's been laying in its case for the past two months, untouched for a while. :(

It's the open notes, mainly - they're bitches.
I tried learning the cornet while I was in primary school - to this day, I have no idea why. I think the local marching band was recruiting heavily, and it was shiny... :shrug:

I wasn't very good, and didn't really enjoy it. Open notes suck.
(yes, I know you're supposed to blow...)

Take that innuendo and run, people! Run like the wind!! :wink:

unico said:
ax, i tried to play guitar, but i suck worse than bono. i got the bass because it is much better for my stubby hands. i couldn't get the chords right.

I hate most chords. I don't enjoy playing them at all. But something like 11 O'clock Tick Tock suits me right down to the ground.

And see you later! :wave:

Alisaura said:

The Aust. U2 Show is playing the Dan O'Connoll (sp?) Hotel on St Pat's day.. shame I have no freaking clue where that is.

Ticket is bought! :up:

Didn't we decide in an earlier thread that such a gig would probably be stupidly crowded and full of wildly pissed people? Perhaps something just on the weekend beforehand might suit everybody's schedules better anyway?

And awesome! :up:

unico said:
will do!!! my 2nd fav band ever really reached out to me. the bassist sent me all the tabs he had, and even did my requests. so now i better practice. everytime i go to a gig and he nods i fear that i might be invited on stage to play or something. i'd be so ashamed if i had to tell him "sorry dude, after that very generous gesture i haven't done shit"

i'm glad yours was forgiving. i hope mine is too.

okay i better go walk my dog. now he's making me feel guilty. i'll be back in a few hours!
He sounds like an awesome guy. :hug:

I wanna see you on a stage one day... maybe Adam can start pulling girls onstage to play bass... why should Bono have all the fun? :wink:

Seeya! :wave:

The Sad Punk said:
In space, no one can hear your shredding guitar solo. :(

*reminds of Red Dwarf* :giggle:

loljesus.com is a pretty awful site. They can't even spell 'atheist' right, even though it seems to be aimed at and written by non-believers.

Sometimes I feel like only agnostics are right, at least we're certain about our uncertainty and otherworldly ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom