Bang Sue, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait why does Anna go to a prison forum

i'm a hopeless gossip. actually, it's kind of useful in some ways to read the australian section. largely, they're illiterate whiners who are in utter denial. "my hubby is innocent!" and on another note, (there's lots of tangents you can diverge on), it's also extremely sad, in a wholly pathetic and tragic kind of way.

Prison Talk - Prisoner Family Support, Information & Assistance Community

that might be easier. and yes, you are reading right. "loving a sex offender", "loving a death row inmate", etc.

it's jerry springer, but it's actually real.

VDL? If that's for real, holy shit.

Basically, it was between the three presenters and the producers, about the qualities of Alfa Romeos. Firstly they had to see how their Alfas, bought on a 1,000 pound budget, performed on a track day at some racetrack - everybody else's cars were far better, so they did abysmally. And severely damaged their cars.

So then they had to go to some car show thingamajig where the presentation of their cars was marked. Clarkson had to wholly repaint his after a crash with May at the racetrack. Hammond's car pretty much stopped going and had to be towed there - initially by May, until Hammond rear-ended him so often that May just released the tow rope and drove off, leaving Clarkson's dying car to tow the dead!

Maybe these guys aren't such bad chaps.

:lmao: Yeah, I can picture all that happening. Sounds good, I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

Maybe these guys aren't such bad chaps.

:lmao: Yeah, I can picture all that happening. Sounds good, I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

I'll be very impressed if they actually keep going like this and actually give us some more rarities live.

Oh, it was brilliant. Especially when Hammond's car completely crapped out, because BEFORE it totally died, he was feeding water to cool the motor MANUALLY. As in, while he drove. Then the handle came off and the motor caught fire.

So I bought a cheap boomerang today. For kicks. Maybe to give to my sister's boyfriend, for him to get an unrealistic sense of Australian culture. Anyway, I opened it up to give it a bash, and it said it was made in China! Isn't that illegal? Unless there are Koories in China distributing them, I would have thought so.

You might not be so distracted by Wikipedia if you lived in the UK! :happy:

I'm not too bad, though today has had more bouts of nausea than I'd really appreciate. You?

That reminds me, I need to email the UK immigration people again, and find out if my mum needs to get a proper Original Birth Certificate, or if her registered copy is good enough...

Sucks about the nausea... painkiller side effects?

I'm waiting for the moment when how badly I want to get out of my job collides with how badly I can't be arsed actually doing anything about it, leading to mutual annihilation. If I'm lucky it will happen while I'm at work, thus solving at least one of those problems. Of course, since I will also be reduced to sub-atomic particles, I won't have to worry about that any more.

So I bought a cheap boomerang today. For kicks. Maybe to give to my sister's boyfriend, for him to get an unrealistic sense of Australian culture. Anyway, I opened it up to give it a bash, and it said it was made in China! Isn't that illegal? Unless there are Koories in China distributing them, I would have thought so.

I didn't know there was a law about who can make boomerangs... and there are so many different sorts of thing labelled "boomerang" these days, anyway. I've seen three-pronged plastic things called boomerangs, I bet they're all made in China.

Ooh. What sort of jobs?

My brother has been offered a court registrar position in Broadmeadows, and he's trying to decide if he wants to move down here and take it.

Well I'm after anything, Still not decided as to what I'm going to be doing next year (I need to know by this time tomorrow night basically) I've been looking for anything in a music store, whatever I'll take anything, I 've even had a look at online stuff....but I can't make out whats a scam and whats not! :giggle:

That reminds me, I need to email the UK immigration people again, and find out if my mum needs to get a proper Original Birth Certificate, or if her registered copy is good enough...

Sucks about the nausea... painkiller side effects?

I'm waiting for the moment when how badly I want to get out of my job collides with how badly I can't be arsed actually doing anything about it, leading to mutual annihilation. If I'm lucky it will happen while I'm at work, thus solving at least one of those problems. Of course, since I will also be reduced to sub-atomic particles, I won't have to worry about that any more.

Surely a registered copy would be good enough?

Nah, nausea's just a natural side effect of them tinkering around inside the head. They told me to expect to feel some nausea over the coming week. Today's probably actually been the least comfortable day. And if that's the case, then I'm not doing badly at all! Though I constantly look like I've been in a punch-up, with the blood weeping from my nose.

Would you be willing to take a new job if it paid just 20c per ... whenever I felt like it? Because I really could've used a geologically-informed guide yesterday.

Well I'm after anything, Still not decided as to what I'm going to be doing next year (I need to know by this time tomorrow night basically) I've been looking for anything in a music store, whatever I'll take anything, I 've even had a look at online stuff....but I can't make out whats a scam and whats not! :giggle:

If you go through sites like Seek or whatever, they're probably not scams... or join a job agency or something?

Eep... good luck with it!

If you go through sites like Seek or whatever, they're probably not scams... or join a job agency or something?

Eep... good luck with it!

Yeah....there's a couple of sites that are "get paid to complete surveys" ....and you don't need to supply a credit card, just a paypal account....which I think seems pretty safe. That could be something I do in my spare time currently, for a we bit extra cash.

My mind is curious. :hmm:

Surely a registered copy would be good enough?
I guess I'll find out ... I had to get a full original birth certificate when I got my passport, cos I only had an extract.

Nausea is not fun. :(

Would you be willing to take a new job if it paid just 20c per ... whenever I felt like it? Because I really could've used a geologically-informed guide yesterday.

For 20c a second I would ;)

Whyzat? Railway cuttings?

I guess I'll find out ... I had to get a full original birth certificate when I got my passport, cos I only had an extract.

Nausea is not fun. :(

For 20c a second I would ;)

Whyzat? Railway cuttings?

Huh. I don't even know if I have originals of some of my stuff - I've been happily using copies for years.

Honestly, the worst part is just how tender and blocked my nose feels, though already at this stage, I'm breathing better through my right nostril than I ever have before.

Ha. Mum and I went out driving around the Yarra Valley yesterday, and on the way, we stopped at some war memorial in Kangaroo Ground. It had this viewing platform that went on about how some of the landscape nearby showed evidence of millions-of-years-old lava flows or something along those lines, but I couldn't figure out quite what it was going on about. Took photos of pretty much any worthwhile angle from the platform to see if I could actually see it once I enlarged things at home, but no.

Speaking of photos, ugh, I feel like I'm about to spend the next fucking month agonising over a new camera.

Yeah....there's a couple of sites that are "get paid to complete surveys" ....and you don't need to supply a credit card, just a paypal account....which I think seems pretty safe. That could be something I do in my spare time currently, for a we bit extra cash.

My mind is curious. :hmm:

I've seen those ads everywhere... It all seems a bit too good to be true, so I haven't tried it... let me know how it goes!

Honestly, the worst part is just how tender and blocked my nose feels, though already at this stage, I'm breathing better through my right nostril than I ever have before.
I bet your nostril is happy to have a new lease on life!

How long did they say it would take to heal completely?

Ha. Mum and I went out driving around the Yarra Valley yesterday, and on the way, we stopped at some war memorial in Kangaroo Ground. It had this viewing platform that went on about how some of the landscape nearby showed evidence of millions-of-years-old lava flows or something along those lines, but I couldn't figure out quite what it was going on about. Took photos of pretty much any worthwhile angle from the platform to see if I could actually see it once I enlarged things at home, but no.
Ooh, nice. Well, theoretically nice. I saw a doco on TV on Saturday about some Scottish mountains, and that glacier-carved landscape is absolutely breathtaking. I've got to get up there one day.
(And yes, I'm sure NZ can boast equally spectacular vistas.)

Speaking of photos, ugh, I feel like I'm about to spend the next fucking month agonising over a new camera.
Get as many megapixels and optical zoom as you can afford, throw in a bit of image stabilisation and you'll be fine... I'd guess they're all about the same beyond that. Unless you're going for a big fancy SLR kinda thing...? In which case I don't know squat.

I found my photos from Tasmania! *yay* I'm sure I took some of the heritage railway...

I've seen those ads everywhere... It all seems a bit too good to be true, so I haven't tried it... let me know how it goes!

I know, its probably way to good to be true. They list in the terms and conditions that every survey may not be a paid one....you might get some free crap. So long as I don't have to provide any official banking information, it sounds good.

I bet your nostril is happy to have a new lease on life!

How long did they say it would take to heal completely?

Hell yes. Hopefully things will begin to clear up after a couple of weeks, and by the end of a month, it should be as good as new.

Ooh, nice. Well, theoretically nice. I saw a doco on TV on Saturday about some Scottish mountains, and that glacier-carved landscape is absolutely breathtaking. I've got to get up there one day.
(And yes, I'm sure NZ can boast equally spectacular vistas.)

I'm going to miss having the availability of a car once Mum goes home. After being stuck in the inner city for so long, it's refreshing just to get out into the country. God, I'm bored with the city.

Get as many megapixels and optical zoom as you can afford, throw in a bit of image stabilisation and you'll be fine... I'd guess they're all about the same beyond that. Unless you're going for a big fancy SLR kinda thing...? In which case I don't know squat.

I found my photos from Tasmania! *yay* I'm sure I took some of the heritage railway...

Yeah, I'm really seriously thinking about a DSLR. But ... the more I read, the more confused I get. Maybe I need to actually go into a shop and try out some stuff for myself. I just wish I knew somebody who could tell me "yeah get this, don't waste your time looking at all that other shit".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom