Bald Knob, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of singles....like ALL their singles, but I've never heard an album.

Drive is fantastic.

Ah, right. Yeah, I love Drive. It's in my top five REM songs. Unlike GAF, though, I think Automatic is a bit of an over-rated album and definitely not REM's best. That title has to go to Fables Of The Reconstruction in my opinion.

haha, awesome, cheers. I did mean to actually ask you for your address so it could be sent, too.

And in more woohoo, psychwankery is only $85 worth of textbook!
:|

I'm sure it's just a passing thing, although the 'ol blues have been coming around more lately. I guess I should've expected it a bit, coming back from Ireland and stuff. Back to reality, as I like to call it.

:hug:

Now, are you weird like me and find that atmospheric metal such as Agalloch is always good for times like these and makes you feel better? I always crank In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion and it picks me right up.

Ah, right. Yeah, I love Drive. It's in my top five REM songs. Unlike GAF, though, I think Automatic is a bit of an over-rated album and definitely not REM's best. That title has to go to Fables Of The Reconstruction in my opinion.

Maybe if I end up in a super REM mood after this is over, I'll give it a listen. I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I plan on going to bed a little earlier tonight.

Try Not To Breath was also really good, but it took a minute.

I'm not so...into The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight though.

I'm kinda embarrassed though, my favorite REM song is probably Imitation of Life, and it doesn't even seem like a lot of people KNOW that song :uhoh:

I haven't ever tried squash, although I like it's orangey colour. What's it taste like?

Squash the vegetable? We get about 3 different colours here, I think, yellow the most common, and they're a relative of the zucchini. I think. :hmm: They're velly yum. But I love all veges except brussel farts - which I despise with enthusiasm.
:up:

See, this is the lucky lazy country. Squash is a lemon drink, a game and a vegetable.

You get it ALL here, man.
:tsk:

Fucking unreal. Who'd live elsewhere, huh????

:lol:

Australia and New Zealand for the SuperWin. We do things lazily right lazily! :up:

Yeah, but you hate Achtung Baby, so you're just plain weird.

That reminds me, I rented Achtung Baby and Zooropa too, to get those files back. Not only did I get to see the cover art and such of Zooropa for the first time (well, I guess I did look through it while I was at your house, but still), I got to see the disc for Achtung Baby again, and I got all choked up, because everything about Achtung reminds me of Junior High School, pretty much the best year of my life.

Maybe if I end up in a super REM mood after this is over, I'll give it a listen. I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I plan on going to bed a little earlier tonight.

Try Not To Breath was also really good, but it took a minute.

I'm not so...into The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight though.

I'm kinda embarrassed though, my favorite REM song is probably Imitation of Life, and it doesn't even seem like a lot of people KNOW that song :uhoh:

I'd say the better half of Automatic is the second half. It's got quality songs like Ignoreland, Man On The Moon, and Find The River.

Imitation Of Life was a big single here, though if I remember correctly, it fell rather flat on the charts over your way.

Dive in headfirst and get stuck into Monster. It's largely considered REMs worst/most misunderstood, so you've got a good chance of loving it. I love it.

I was going to read back, but...fuckit.

What's going on now, hey?

I'd say the better half of Automatic is the second half. It's got quality songs like Ignoreland, Man On The Moon, and Find The River.

Imitation Of Life was a big single here, though if I remember correctly, it fell rather flat on the charts over your way.

Man On The Moon is another of my favorites, possibly because Man On The Moon is one of my favorite movies <_<

Imitation of Life came out when I was really into music videos, and by far, that was one of the coolest videos out there at the time, aided by what I think is a FANTASTIC song.

Dive in headfirst and get stuck into Monster. It's largely considered REMs worst/most misunderstood, so you've got a good chance of loving it. I love it.

What's The Frequency, Kenneth is a fucking amazing song, easily one of my favourite REM tracks. Monster's second half also seems pretty good. I like a lot of the distorted guitar on that album.

Imitation of Life is a fucking awesome song. I got it on single just in case there was a few different versions which would allow me to enjoy it in a few subtley different ways.

:shifty:

Man On The Moon is another of my favorites, possibly because Man On The Moon is one of my favorite movies <_<

Imitation of Life came out when I was really into music videos, and by far, that was one of the coolest videos out there at the time, aided by what I think is a FANTASTIC song.

I'm not sure I ever saw the movie ...

... nor the music video, heh. But I do like Imitation Of Life. Most of the other songs on the album it's from are dodgy as hell, but it's good.

What's The Frequency, Kenneth is a fucking amazing song, easily one of my favourite REM tracks. Monster's second half also seems pretty good. I like a lot of the distorted guitar on that album.

What's The Frequency on good headphones is possibly better than sex. Well, sex when it's fucking cold, or something, anyway. Brilliant song. See, you're halfway there, grasshopper. Get Monster. Your ears will thank you.

:love:

Actually, last night I cranked up Way Out Of Here by PT. That's fast becoming one of my favs.

Today I cranked up Woods Of Ypres - Shedding The Dead Wood. I adore that song.

:drool: WOOH is probably my second favourite track on FOABP. Anesthetize is, of course, my favourite. The middle section of that at the Brisbane gig is easily one of the most intense, best concert moments I've ever experienced in my life. Just about headbanged my entire fucking skull off.

And yeah, that's a quality Woods Of Ypres track. Hell, the entire album it's from is amazingly solid. I love how frequently they use clean vocals.

Is it you, Ax, who is getting into REM? I forget now who said it. I've just been harping at you to get into them without double checking that I'm not preaching to the converted.

We have simultaneous conversations about REM and metal. Now there's a combination for you! :lol:
REM and metal. Wow. That's like combining...Foo Fighters and Celine Dion or something :huh: Crazy shit.

Man, I am excited for the end of the year:

U2 in November

*Ignore this Axver* supposedly new Killers next month

My friend and I's mutually favorite band has a new album coming out soon, which means she and I can finally go to a concert together (this is the ONLY band we have in common, so we never go to concerts together (the band is Our Lady Peace btw) )

And Peter Gabriel is getting closer to finally putting out a new album.

Is it you, Ax, who is getting into REM? I forget now who said it. I've just been harping at you to get into them without double checking that I'm not preaching to the converted.

:laugh: Ashley's getting into them, and you're preaching to the converted who needs to hurry the fuck up and get the band's entire discography. I have MOST of it, but there's a few gaps.

I fucking adore eighties REM. Murmur, Reckoning, Fables, Document, Life's Rich Pageant, Green ... :drool:

So I haven't heard anything that's blown me away on this since "Try Not To Breath" (I've never been a big fan of Everybody Hurts) but I'm liking "Monty Got A Raw Deal".

Peter Gabriel did a song on the Wall*E soundtrack?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom