As much as I loved the Pumpkins...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
... I can't help wondering if Bullet With Butterfly Wings was the birthplace of what would soon become nu-metal. :reject: Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love that song... the lyrics, the guitar, the drums et all. But I think it was at the end of the second chorus when he finishes the line '..still just a rat in a... CAGE!!!!', that scream instantly reminded me of yet another band... Linkin Park :censored:

Yeah you have a point. Like a certain album by U2 was the basis of the entire career to date of a certain band that begins with "C" and ends with "Y". :wink:

Here's some history for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal

The birth of modern nu-metal could be pinpointed to the earliest Lollapalooza music festivals in the 1990's which featured the first bands to utilize common nu-metal styles.

The funk of Primus and The Red Hot Chili Peppers, the hip hop crossover of Rage Against the Machine and Fishbone, as well as the experimental rock of Tool have been mentioned numerous times by nu-metal bands who gained mass-media exposure at the end of the millenium.

Although Nine Inch Nails and Ministry are viewed more often as industrial rock or industrial metal, their presence has lived up as origin to industrial/techno-styled nu-metal bands that would appear later, such as Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Orgy and Powerman 5000 (fronted by Rob Zombie's/Cumming's younger brother).

Melon

Implicating the Pumpkins as having aided in the birth of nu-metal is a small cry when it is contrasted with the atrocity of including a Michael Damien cover on their Best of retrospective.

Rock on Jimmy Dean.

James Dean.

:sexywink:

I hope Mullen4Prez's comment was as joking as my "Coldplay sucks" comment in another thread.

I mean cause Linkin Park actually sucks a hyena's spermy nutsack.

If you haven't noticed already, Zootlesque, I've been in a very profane and vulgar mood the past couple of days.

It'll pass, just give it time.

Well, that's something we can ALL agree on, Lance my friend.

Did anyone else thing Crawling and Numb were the exact same song?

Back
Top Bottom