Arrested Development - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

Arrested Development Season 1 marathon on G4 on Christmas Day for anyone who wants to start watching the show.

It's going to be off the hook.

Well we all know what it feels like to be betrayed by someone... and we all have legs!

The only thing I ask is out of the four hundred and fifty homes we build, one be given to a disadvantaged family from the inner city.

That's great, so the other 449 families live in fear? Is that what we're saying? Come on!

The mere fact that you call making love “Pop-Pop” tells me you’re not ready.

I just started watching the series again last night. It gets funnier with every viewing.

Illusions, Dad! You don't have time for my illusions!

PlaTheGreat said:
I just started watching the series again last night. It gets funnier with every viewing.

Illusions, Dad! You don't have time for my illusions!

That's why it's brilliant - lots of things get a little tired over time, but like U2 songs, every time I watch AD I understand more and fall even more in love.

I highly recommend How I Met Your Mother to anyone missing AD - it's currently on, and hilarious. It's like Friends but they have a bar instead of a coffee shop. (I hated Friends so don't let this put you off if you did too.) It's like AD in that they have running jokes you might not get if you haven't seen them all and use flashbacks (though not as brilliantly as AD).

Yeah AD is hilarious enough on the surface and provides plenty of biting satire, but there's so many other things like tiny visual gags in the background that you only notice on repeat viewings, and so many rapid fire jokes that it never gets old because you can't ever remember all of them haha.

I didn't watch it during it's first season and thought the hype was getting ridiculous, watched the second season premiere and thought it was horrible, because you really do need to see every episode in order to appreciate. So one day on a whim I bought the first season at Best Buy and have been hooked ever since, I only watched the 3rd season on television which FOX made so painful to try and do.

If anyone of you or anyone you know is on the fence about getting into this show, Best Buy is offering each season for 14.99 a piece right now.

You officially have no excuse not to watch.

I love this show sooo much. It is brilliant! Its so hard to have a favorite character on this show because all of them are flippin hilarious!.... COME ON!

prisz25 said:
Its so hard to have a favorite character on this show

*cue "The Final Countdown"*

gob.jpg

elevated_u2_fan said:
:yes:

As much as I like the rest of the family, Gob is my favorite :love:

Tobias was my favorite for a long time, but after watching each episode for about the 15th time, I gotta go with GOB.

He completely owns the 3rd season.. well, 2nd and a half season.

Well if i had to come up with my two favorites it would have to be GOB and Buster.... "Heey brother!" lol But I can't decided who my favorite is from those two. I actually really liked Tobias for a while but you can't beat GOB and Buster. at all.

inmyplace13 said:
If anyone of you or anyone you know is on the fence about getting into this show, Best Buy is offering each season for 14.99 a piece right now.

You officially have no excuse not to watch.
And you can use this coupon to get each season for 5 bucks, tops :drool:
prisz25 said:
Well if i had to come up with my two favorites it would have to be GOB and Buster.... "Heey brother!" lol But I can't decided who my favorite is from those two. I actually really liked Tobias for a while but you can't beat GOB and Buster. at all.
GOB and Buster is where its at :up:

But if I had to chose between them I'd pick Buster.

Back
Top Bottom