Apples, Switzerland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good, But if you WERE, I'd be taking over the place. This would be the Tori Thread.I'd go to awesome locations Like Little Amsterdam, Jamaica Inn...and well thats about all probably.

Seriously guys, If you did leave, I would probably become very infrequent here. Its depressing even looking at this thread where NOTHING has happened for days. I don't wanna leave and be stuck with The Afterglow crew discussing what Tori wears and that shit. "Oh I don't really like that dress she wore" OH WELL SHE PLAYED A FUCKING DIFFERENT SETLIST!

/ah randomness.

off to lunch :wave:

You're lucky we didn't turn this into the Porcupine Tree Thread. :wink:

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere at least until I beat Borg, i.e. NEVER.

:wave:

Oh cool. I still have another week, thank fuck. What are you actually doing?

BA. Double major in Modern History and English.

19337_299920987656_590127656_3878863_8005211_n.jpg

19337_309187472656_590127656_3908056_1347965_n.jpg

Last edited:
OH MY GOD I JUST BEAT BORG!

I BEAT MOTHERFUCKING BORG!

7-6 3-6 6-4 7-5!

(I had a match point while on 5-2 in that fourth set and blew it, but got control of the game back.)

Holy shit that was the Stick Tennis match of my life.

Still not going anywhere now that I've beaten Borg though. :wink:

Ugh, got some pretty long days there huh?

My timetable is SHIT this semester. Two days with 6 hours straight of classes/labs, and the others aren't much better. Fucking pooniversity. :angry:

Second semester I'm fucked. First semester I'm fine - there's a gym and a shopping centre five minutes away from the uni, so I can just fuck off for a bit.

Oh that's good. I just hate being stuck at uni because it's so hard for me to work there. I can't get in my space. Guess I'll have to learn, though, and make use of my mornings. :sigh:

For clarification sakes:
MHIS121 - Europe 1450-1800
AHIS110 - Rome from Republic to Empire
ENG120 - Perspectives of English Literature
PHL137 - Critical Thinking
ANTH150 - Drugs in Cultures
ENG107 - Politics in English Literature
POL107 - Political Thinking
ISYS100 - IT in Society

Oh that's good. I just hate being stuck at uni because it's so hard for me to work there. I can't get in my space. Guess I'll have to learn, though, and make use of my mornings. :sigh:

Apparently at my uni all of the tables in the library at taken from 6am onwards by accounting students. :grr:

I probably only majorly have reading to do, though, and I have an hour busride each way to do that.

Apparently at my uni all of the tables in the library at taken from 6am onwards by accounting students. :grr:

I probably only majorly have reading to do, though, and I have an hour busride each way to do that.

Oh god. :uhoh: As the year progressed, I managed to find a few nice quiet spots for reading. However, finding a quiet computer is near-impossible. I need to buy a new laptop, ugh.

I've generally found libraries to be shit places to work, especially the closer you get to exams and it gets really crowded ... I've been lucky and never had any substantial breaks to kill at uni. Don't think I ever had more than an hour.

(Though before one of our libraries got refurbished, there was this quiet corner I loved to kill my hours in.)

Refresh my memory - what uni are you at?

Oh god. :uhoh: As the year progressed, I managed to find a few nice quiet spots for reading. However, finding a quiet computer is near-impossible. I need to buy a new laptop, ugh.

I was PISSED when I discovered this corner of the Baillieu I'd cased out as pretty much abandoned and ideal for working without interruption ... was in a wi-fi blackspot.

I've generally found libraries to be shit places to work, especially the closer you get to exams and it gets really crowded ... I've been lucky and never had any substantial breaks to kill at uni. Don't think I ever had more than an hour.

(Though before one of our libraries got refurbished, there was this quiet corner I loved to kill my hours in.)

Refresh my memory - what uni are you at?

I'm at Macquarie. And I actually like having those breaks, cause that means I can actually get some use out of the gym, or go get something to eat or something like that. And they expect us to do 35 hours of study a week, which I can do on weekends.

As long as I don't have more 5 hour gaps like I had in S2 last year, I'm happy.
Though that usually just meant I never went to Geog at 4pm :lol:

I think I once had a gap like that, but I live close enough to uni that I could go home and get about 3.5 hours here before having to return. Hell, at UQ I lived close enough that I could go home during hour breaks. Those were the days ...

(Though walking home in that humidity was almost enough to persuade me to stay beside a water fountain for the hour instead.)

I'm at Macquarie. And I actually like having those breaks, cause that means I can actually get some use out of the gym, or go get something to eat or something like that. And they expect us to do 35 hours of study a week, which I can do on weekends.

Yeah, short breaks of an hour can be bloody handy for lunch. Or catching up on the reading you couldn't be fucked doing at home, because nobody ever does the 35 hours of study they expect you to do.

Yeah, short breaks of an hour can be bloody handy for lunch. Or catching up on the reading you couldn't be fucked doing at home, because nobody ever does the 35 hours of study they expect you to do.

Well, there's a bar right next to a pizza shop. Guess where I'll be spending most of my time? And I have an hour each way to get there, so I'll do my reading then in peak hour traffic. Or I could use three trains to do it.

Well, there's a bar right next to a pizza shop. Guess where I'll be spending most of my time? And I have an hour each way to get there, so I'll do my reading then in peak hour traffic. Or I could use three trains to do it.

I discovered I could do a surprising amount of reading on a 17 minute tram ride.

I hope your university has free lunchtime concerts one day of the week. My Tuesday afternoons vanished into those ...

Back
Top Bottom