anyone else really rich here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
it hit me again tonite when i went to withdraw 5000 dollars from checking, and saw the printed receipt indicating my more than bloated balance.

i mean, i'm by no means the richest person in town (pretty fucking close though), but wow do i have a lot of money. sometimes it feels good to feel good, you know?

i guess my question is for all of you who find yourself in a similar situation as myself (the rest of you should have stopped reading this thread by now)... would you trade it all in for a little more?

i can easily spend upwards of 6-7000 dollars a weekend when i'm out and about with my friends, spending money on shit like clothes, speed boats, pretty much anything i want - i buy.

it sure feels good feeling good, guys. it sure feels good.

ach

i just realized how much of a twat i came across in this thread

i'm not trying to make everyone else feel "less" about themselves if they don't have wealth to talk about. it's just that some of us DO, and i hope it's alright if we talk about it here for everyone to see.

because that's what this is all about.

not bragging.

just...
talking about

again, even that sounds arrogant. my apologies.

well, i don't know what to edit. i mean, this thread is ABOUT having lots of money. i guess i just maybe didn't word it quite right.

but maybe i did?

i dunno... i mean, how would YOU make a thread like this (talking 'bout loads 'a money)? i mean i'm as humble as the next guy, and i think most of you know that... that's why i just wanna make sure you don't think i'm braggin' or anything y'know?

I don’t know how I would word a thread like this. I guess I’m lucky I’m probably never going to have to “worry” about being in the same situation you are in :wink:

I don’t think I’ve interacted with you on here before, so honesty, I don’t know anything else about you being humble or not. I don’t even know where you stand on the all important Pop album.

I do have two questions for you.

Not meaning to be rude in anyway, shape or form. Have you been drinking tonight? Are you going to wake up in the morning and wonder what the heck you were thinking?

Zoomerang96 said:

i guess my question is for all of you who find yourself in a similar situation as myself (the rest of you should have stopped reading this thread by now)... would you trade it all in for a little more?

After rereading your post, I’m wondering what you mean by this. It doesn’t seem like you finished your thought.

Re: Re: anyone else really rich here?

pattip2000 said:
I don’t know how I would word a thread like this. I guess I’m lucky I’m probably never going to have to “worry” about being in the same situation you are in :wink:

I don’t think I’ve interacted with you on here before, so honesty, I don’t know anything else about you being humble or not. I don’t even know where you stand on the all important Pop album.

I do have two questions for you.

Not meaning to be rude in anyway, shape or form. Have you been drinking tonight? Are you going to wake up in the morning and wonder what the heck you were thinking?

After rereading your post, I’m wondering what you mean by this. It doesn’t seem like you finished your thought.

1. no, but i was slightly drunk last night. that was 24 hours ago. i had a number of drinks, but honestly, alcohol doesn't really do a lot to me other than make me a real good dancer.

2. uh... no? i want this thread to be exclusive thread for all posters who want to discuss their superior finances with peers. why would i regret that?

3. i did finish my thought.

can i ask you a few questions?

do you have lots of money?

if you had to guess, how much money would you think i have? probably lots and lots, right? because i made this thread, right?

namkcuR said:
So, uh, what do you do for a living, to make all that money?

to make a short and exciting story long and boring, i buy cheap and sell high.

i "flip" various items, so to speak.

Re: Re: Re: anyone else really rich here?

Zoomerang96 said:

3. i did finish my thought.

can i ask you a few questions?

do you have lots of money?

if you had to guess, how much money would you think i have? probably lots and lots, right? because i made this thread, right?

I’m sorry, what I wanted to know by that question was what you meant by a little more. Love, friends, time, happiness? :shrug:

No, I certainly wouldn’t say I have a lot of money. I get by, but with not too much to spare. I’m happy where I am in my life now.

Guess how much you have…. I have no clue. I’m not sure why you would ask me to guess.

I’m beginning to think I don’t belong in this thread.
One, I have to be at work in six hours, so I should really get to bed.
Two, I’m not sure I understand what your getting at here. I think I’ve taken what you said in a wrong way. I’m sorry for butting it.

I have lots of money.

I spent £150,000 this past weekend, which is about $700,000,000 Canadian monies.

I also bought an Edun top.

How good does it feel now?

Zoomerang96 said:
it hit me again tonite when i went to withdraw 5000 dollars from checking, and saw the printed receipt indicating my more than bloated balance.

i mean, i'm by no means the richest person in town (pretty fucking close though), but wow do i have a lot of money. sometimes it feels good to feel good, you know?

i can easily spend upwards of 6-7000 dollars a weekend when i'm out and about with my friends, spending money on shit like clothes, speed boats, pretty much anything i want - i buy.

it sure feels good feeling good, guys. it sure feels good.

Flaunting and drawing attention to one's wealth is incredibly gauche, in case you don't know that. I can only imagine that you are nouveau-riche, which at least explains your faux pas, even if it doesn't make it any less excruciating to witness.

You speak Spanish...sweet! :wink:

I am happy for the guy... honestly Zoom, you probably deserve all your wealth, more power to you.
It must be nice and im sure a great feeling to be able to do whatever you like on a whim, with no thought of affordability.

I have struggled my whole life and was below poverty level when i lived with my mother.
I got my first job at 11 and have always strived just to survive.
But i have what i need, and for that i am grateful.

It doesn't bother me to hear anyone say they have more money then me...
again, you probably have it because you work hard for it.

Take a bow man.

Two of my favorite things to buy with the extra cash I have lying around are cashmere toilet paper and caviar for my pet chihuahua.

Tip for the uber-wealthy:

Buy a tissue boy. Me, I have a tissue boy and whenever I sneeze, he is there to wipe the residue from my nose, post-haste. Additionally, he could mop the sweat from your brow....not that I perspire, I'm a tad too rich to really every sweat, but you gather my meaning. Invaluable, I simply am not sure how I got on with life before getting myself one.

I am so fucking rich I signed up for Premium here. Not just anyone can afford that after all. :yes:

LOL. Three cheers for you?

I certainly wish I could spend 6-7 grand a weekend, but alas, I'm a college student with stuff to pay. :sad:

Last edited:
I've noticed that this thread starter is suspiciously absent. Must be too busy ordering the staff around.
While I'm here let me give you some other thread ideas,
anyone else here.....drop dead gorgeous and sick of having your life polluted by the frightfully unnatractive..........burdened by having a perfect marriage and intelligent good looking children........fed up with having to wait for your driver to pick you up from the boutique..........forever bothered by those tiresome charities and causes, can't they just ask Daddy to help them save the whales or something...

Bragging about how much money or anything else you have is in very poor taste. My dear Zoomy, YOU ARE A TOOL:shame:

cinnaminson said:

Bragging about how much money or anything else you have is in very poor taste. My dear Zoomy, YOU ARE A TOOL:shame:

Does anybody really think 6000 or 7000 dollars is a lot of money? :uhoh:

DrTeeth said:

Does anybody really think 6000 or 7000 dollars is a lot of money? :uhoh:

Only if it's USD. Canadian dollars aren't worth shit. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom