anyone else really rich here? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:50 PM
anyone else really rich here?

it hit me again tonite when i went to withdraw 5000 dollars from checking, and saw the printed receipt indicating my more than bloated balance.

i mean, i'm by no means the richest person in town (pretty fucking close though), but wow do i have a lot of money. sometimes it feels good to feel good, you know?

i guess my question is for all of you who find yourself in a similar situation as myself (the rest of you should have stopped reading this thread by now)... would you trade it all in for a little more?

i can easily spend upwards of 6-7000 dollars a weekend when i'm out and about with my friends, spending money on shit like clothes, speed boats, pretty much anything i want - i buy.

it sure feels good feeling good, guys. it sure feels good.
__________________

__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
pepokiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 7,973
Local Time: 10:50 PM
I want to be your friend
__________________

__________________
pepokiss is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:50 PM
well, obviously.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:50 PM
ach

i just realized how much of a twat i came across in this thread

i'm not trying to make everyone else feel "less" about themselves if they don't have wealth to talk about. it's just that some of us DO, and i hope it's alright if we talk about it here for everyone to see.

because that's what this is all about.

not bragging.

just...
talking about

again, even that sounds arrogant. my apologies.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 AM   #5
New Yorker
 
pattip2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96


i just realized how much of a twat i came across in this thread


you still have time to edit.
__________________
pattip2000 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:50 PM
well, i don't know what to edit. i mean, this thread is ABOUT having lots of money. i guess i just maybe didn't word it quite right.

but maybe i did?

i dunno... i mean, how would YOU make a thread like this (talking 'bout loads 'a money)? i mean i'm as humble as the next guy, and i think most of you know that... that's why i just wanna make sure you don't think i'm braggin' or anything y'know?
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:02 AM   #7
New Yorker
 
pattip2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Re: anyone else really rich here?

I don’t know how I would word a thread like this. I guess I’m lucky I’m probably never going to have to “worry” about being in the same situation you are in

I don’t think I’ve interacted with you on here before, so honesty, I don’t know anything else about you being humble or not. I don’t even know where you stand on the all important Pop album.

I do have two questions for you.

Not meaning to be rude in anyway, shape or form. Have you been drinking tonight? Are you going to wake up in the morning and wonder what the heck you were thinking?




Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

i guess my question is for all of you who find yourself in a similar situation as myself (the rest of you should have stopped reading this thread by now)... would you trade it all in for a little more?

After rereading your post, I’m wondering what you mean by this. It doesn’t seem like you finished your thought.
__________________
pattip2000 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:03 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 09:50 PM
So, uh, what do you do for a living, to make all that money?
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:07 AM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Re: Re: anyone else really rich here?

Quote:
Originally posted by pattip2000
I don’t know how I would word a thread like this. I guess I’m lucky I’m probably never going to have to “worry” about being in the same situation you are in

I don’t think I’ve interacted with you on here before, so honesty, I don’t know anything else about you being humble or not. I don’t even know where you stand on the all important Pop album.

I do have two questions for you.

Not meaning to be rude in anyway, shape or form. Have you been drinking tonight? Are you going to wake up in the morning and wonder what the heck you were thinking?







After rereading your post, I’m wondering what you mean by this. It doesn’t seem like you finished your thought.
1. no, but i was slightly drunk last night. that was 24 hours ago. i had a number of drinks, but honestly, alcohol doesn't really do a lot to me other than make me a real good dancer.

2. uh... no? i want this thread to be exclusive thread for all posters who want to discuss their superior finances with peers. why would i regret that?

3. i did finish my thought.

can i ask you a few questions?

do you have lots of money?

if you had to guess, how much money would you think i have? probably lots and lots, right? because i made this thread, right?
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
So, uh, what do you do for a living, to make all that money?
to make a short and exciting story long and boring, i buy cheap and sell high.

i "flip" various items, so to speak.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:23 AM   #11
New Yorker
 
pattip2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 2,846
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Re: Re: Re: anyone else really rich here?

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96




3. i did finish my thought.

can i ask you a few questions?

do you have lots of money?

if you had to guess, how much money would you think i have? probably lots and lots, right? because i made this thread, right?
I’m sorry, what I wanted to know by that question was what you meant by a little more. Love, friends, time, happiness?

No, I certainly wouldn’t say I have a lot of money. I get by, but with not too much to spare. I’m happy where I am in my life now.

Guess how much you have…. I have no clue. I’m not sure why you would ask me to guess.

I’m beginning to think I don’t belong in this thread.
One, I have to be at work in six hours, so I should really get to bed.
Two, I’m not sure I understand what your getting at here. I think I’ve taken what you said in a wrong way. I’m sorry for butting it.
__________________
pattip2000 is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:37 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 02:50 AM
Re: anyone else really rich here?

I have lots of money.

I spent £150,000 this past weekend, which is about $700,000,000 Canadian monies.

I also bought an Edun top.

How good does it feel now?
__________________
meegannie is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where the beer flows like wine...
Posts: 4,528
Local Time: 06:50 PM
Hey man, i'm feeling you here.

I have the same thoughts about my boobs, i just have so much extra, i dont know what to do with them.

Any one else here have the same problem?
__________________
Night & Day is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:52 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
LyricalDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SF Bay Area, California, USA
Posts: 3,212
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Re: anyone else really rich here?

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
it hit me again tonite when i went to withdraw 5000 dollars from checking, and saw the printed receipt indicating my more than bloated balance.

i mean, i'm by no means the richest person in town (pretty fucking close though), but wow do i have a lot of money. sometimes it feels good to feel good, you know?

i guess my question is for all of you who find yourself in a similar situation as myself (the rest of you should have stopped reading this thread by now)... would you trade it all in for a little more?

i can easily spend upwards of 6-7000 dollars a weekend when i'm out and about with my friends, spending money on shit like clothes, speed boats, pretty much anything i want - i buy.

it sure feels good feeling good, guys. it sure feels good.
Flaunting and drawing attention to one's wealth is incredibly gauche, in case you don't know that. I can only imagine that you are nouveau-riche, which at least explains your faux pas, even if it doesn't make it any less excruciating to witness.
__________________
LyricalDrug is offline  
Old 02-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where the beer flows like wine...
Posts: 4,528
Local Time: 06:50 PM
You speak Spanish...sweet!

I am happy for the guy... honestly Zoom, you probably deserve all your wealth, more power to you.
It must be nice and im sure a great feeling to be able to do whatever you like on a whim, with no thought of affordability.

I have struggled my whole life and was below poverty level when i lived with my mother.
I got my first job at 11 and have always strived just to survive.
But i have what i need, and for that i am grateful.

It doesn't bother me to hear anyone say they have more money then me...
again, you probably have it because you work hard for it.

Take a bow man.
__________________

__________________
Night & Day is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com