anyone else really rich here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fly so high! said:

sounds like an info-mercial.......all we need to do is add

"then it sounds like you need a
11_12_homeless_SU.jpg

DERO.........just the person to snap you out of your misery, he comes as is and all you need to do to feel good about yourself again is to "flip" him a coin once in a while..........and if you are one of the first 50 callers...we will ship your very own "dero" today .........AND......throw in a bottle of turps and a newspaper.....that's right folks........be quick,you will be sorry you missed out on this opportunity.......this "dero" is waiting for your rude and insensitive comments.

This thread has givin' me the shitty-shit-shits.:tsk:

:lol:

Evalicious said:
No, it´s not sarcasm! He´s just really-really rich.

Why is it so hard to understand?

I've seen some hints that might indicate otherwise.
For example, "why would i borrow someone like you cash". "Lend cash" is the correct term. Carrying $6k in cash is good if you want to buy illegal stuff, otherwise use credit cards. And the statement about the number of people having 5k in the bank is way off. Plus, he doesn't wish to discuss the details about how he earns it.

ntalwar said:

For example, "why would i borrow someone like you cash". "Lend cash" is the correct term. Carrying $6k in cash is good if you want to buy illegal stuff, otherwise use credit cards. And the statement about the number of people having 5k in the bank is way off. Plus, he doesn't wish to discuss the details about how he earns it.

Yes, to say "Why would I lend someone like you .... " or "Why would I loan someone like you ... " is proper English.

However, to say, I am going to "borrow you" something is a regional colloquialism. It's quite common here in Wisconsin, and I am sure it is common elsewhere.

JessicaAnn said:

Yes, to say "Why would I lend someone like you .... " or "Why would I loan someone like you ... " is proper English.

However, to say, I am going to "borrow you" something is a regional colloquialism. It's quite common here in Wisconsin, and I am sure it is common elsewhere.

"Loan" is a noun, not a verb. "Borrow you cash" might be a colloquialism, but it's awful grammar.

Zoomerang96 said:
lol!

i wish you guys could see this, but i just got a text from chris (my friend, his name is chris) and he said "you comin' tomorrow moneybags?"

see! if you guys knew me in for real life, you'd know that everyone in for real knows i have cash. not like bob gates of apple or whatever, but still.

BILL Gates of Apple.

And you are trying to prove that you have friends too? Friends with real names? Cool.

Maybe with your loads of cash buy yourself some self-esteem so you don't feel the need to come into a forum and openly boast about it. Wealthy people don't, unless they very recently came into money...

And buy yourself an education. Most people know who BILL Gates is, American or not. And even my sister, who's in fourth grade knows better than to say, "Borrow someone like you cash."

No offense, but I'm just speaking the truth.

absintheminded said:
Maybe with your loads of cash buy yourself some self-esteem so you don't feel the need to come into a forum and openly boast about it.
But the society practically DEMANDS that we should be wealthy and now that one person has the courage
to speak up about it, you all judge him!

:cute:

ntalwar said:

"Loan" is a noun, not a verb. "Borrow you cash" might be a colloquialism, but it's awful grammar.

I just looked in my dictionary, and loan can also be used as a verb.

Also, please see:http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/loan

Many colloquialisms are examples of bad grammar. Colloquial language, by definition, is informal speech.

I think you are hiding behing proper grammar because you don't have as much money as bear. Proper grammar is not a sign of superiority.

JessicaAnn said:

I just looked in my dictionary, and loan can also be used as a verb.

Also, please see:http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/loan

Many colloquialisms are examples of bad grammar. Colloquial language, by definition, is informal speech.

I think you are hiding behing proper grammar because you don't have as much money as bear. Proper grammar is not a sign of superiority.

:huh: I'm not hiding behind proper grammar or anything else.
I tried to engage him in a discussion about asset classes, but was rebuffed.

Regarding "loan", Merriam Webster has it as a verb until the mid-1300s. The reason I used that example is that a person with a lot of money(and who claims to work with monetary goods) will generally know financial terms well (i.e. not use "borrow you.."). I guess "Bob Gates of Apple" is also slang.

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:

Hey Chris, You're loaded right? Maybe you should loan jojo100 some $$$...

yeah! what elevated U2 fan said!!!

oh. my. lord. this is the most hilarious thread i've seen in a while.

congratulations to zoomerang for creating it.

NOW GIVE ME SOME MONEY!!!!

Oh, I am doing fine for money. I may not be doing quite as well as bear, but I have more than enough**.

**enough = When I run out of toilet paper, I use paper money.

oh no. it seems like this thread is losing steam.

where is zoomerang? i want to hear more about all his/her money!

that brings up a couple questions--since i am relatively new to posting here. long time lurker, new poster.

1. is zoomerang male or female? i tend to think male if he's out buying speed boats at the weekend. girls would probably not be buying speed boats...but maybe they would.

2. is zoomerang 16 years old? there's something about his speech pattern that screams 16. or is he just from montreal?

zoomerang...your braggadocious nature has enchanted me and i must know more about all your bling.

tell me more!!!

ntalwar said:

Regarding "loan", Merriam Webster has it as a verb until the mid-1300s.

Webster's (the online version at least) has it as a verb dating back to the 13th century:

Function:
transitive verb
Date:
13th century

usage The verb loan is one of the words English settlers brought to America and continued to use after it had died out in Britain. Its use was soon noticed by British visitors and somewhat later by the New England literati, who considered it a bit provincial. It was flatly declared wrong in 1870 by a popular commentator, who based his objection on etymology. A later scholar showed that the commentator was ignorant of Old English and thus unsound in his objection, but by then it was too late, as the condemnation had been picked up by many other commentators. Although a surprising number of critics still voice objections, loan is entirely standard as a verb. You should note that it is used only literally; lend is the verb used for figurative expressions, such as “lending a hand” or “lending enchantment.”

Anyway, the OED is better suited to my refined lexical palate.

none of you know this, but i'm secretly wealthy, too.

i choose to live below the poverty line. it's a social experiment. i have my money squirrelled away into offshore interests in the caymans.

zoomerang, please send me a PM post haste. we have to find a new date for our monthly money burn, i'm getting a pap smear on the 8th so i can't make it.

(if someone could please forward this post along to the CIBC Line of Credit department, it might be a big help. :wink: )

jojo100 said:
oh no. it seems like this thread is losing steam.

where is zoomerang? i want to hear more about all his/her money!

that brings up a couple questions--since i am relatively new to posting here. long time lurker, new poster.

1. is zoomerang male or female? i tend to think male if he's out buying speed boats at the weekend. girls would probably not be buying speed boats...but maybe they would.

2. is zoomerang 16 years old? there's something about his speech pattern that screams 16. or is he just from montreal?

zoomerang...your braggadocious nature has enchanted me and i must know more about all your bling.

tell me more!!!

Bear is likely working at the moment.

1) That's not a roll of bills in his pants. He's all man.

2) Nope.

ed0886d0.jpg

COBL_04 said:
Zoomerang, if you are not joking, then I think it is quite fair the way people hav reacted in this thread. I have no problem with you starting a thread of this nature, but not when you continue to make comments like these:

Because of the way you bragged, and replied with other comments.

Was there a need to add the part in brackets?

That is out-and-out bragging. It's better if you say "I could possibly spend upwards of 6-7000 dollars a weekend"

What does that even mean? It makes no sense whatsoever! You are effectively asking would you trade in your current money for more money! Of course you would!! If someone said I'll give you $20 for $5, who would refuse?

Can you not see the arrogance in this comment? You're bringing it on yourself.

What would that prove? NO, we don't want to see pictures of your wallet! That is incredibly arrogant.

Nobody cares about proof. If you say you are rich, then I'll believe you, and congratulate you on your wealth, but there's no need to resort to arrogance.

Again, arrogance. You could have said, "but to have that plus a bit cash is good"

That was not really necessary. If you want to talk about your excessive cash, go to a specific forum to talk about it.

Well, I'll stop there. Sorry to have wrote all this, but it was just how i felt after reading this thread.

Zoomerang, you apoligised in your first page, and thanks for that, that was really good, but you then went on with arrogance about showing us your wallet. And apologies if this was all sarcasm.

I think you'll find, as well, that a lot of people here who may be well-off, were humber, and did not want to participate in the thread.

do you see me telling you or anyone else how to construct a post/thread? no, and you know why? despite my money, i don't feel the need to shove it in everyone's faces by telling them how to type.

that very fact alowne proofs i don't brag, when it would be so easy for me to "come down" on people for the way they right there postes.

and one final thing, if you accepted my apology in the first place, why are you still mad at me? the rest of my posts were dignified and respectable, something you'd see a really rich person in movies right (like james bond, gregoire c. lewis, james gandolfini from the sopranos or the bald angry guy from ER).

maybe i'm just lost, i dunno.

lol! that wouldn't be the first time i didn't know what was going on around me then but it probabbly wouldnt be the last time then there either lol.

ntalwar said:

what does grammar have to do with my superior wealth? i don't get it at all.

my spelling struggles at times due to my recreational drug use, but that shouldn't discredit what i'm worth.

do you wish you had my mone or somthin?

JessicaAnn said:

Bear is likely working at the moment.

1) That's not a roll of bills in his pants. He's all man.

2) Nope.

ed0886d0.jpg

that's not a man, that's a glorious piece of work destined for museum tours for centuries. :wink:

ha, i kid.

i'm starting to feel self-conscience about all this talk of my money. i had no idea it would turn out like this... i sort of feel like a mini-online celebrity!

Zoomerang96 said:

that's not a man, that's a glorious piece of work destined for museum tours for centuries. :wink:

ha, i kid.

i'm starting to feel self-conscience about all this talk of my money. i had no idea it would turn out like this... i sort of feel like a mini-online celebrity!

zoomerang...i think i love you.

i've fallen in love. i can't help it. you're too charming...and rich.

Zoomerang96 said:

my spelling struggles at times due to my recreational drug use, but that shouldn't discredit what i'm worth.

I assumed the rich were refined in everything, including grammar - like Prince Charles or something . I do not wish to have your money. However, I do enjoy discussing financial topics with rich people, but you do not wish to go there.

Zoomerang96 said:

this might be your best post in this thread!

Particularly "my spelling struggles at times due to my recreational drug use, but that shouldn't discredit what i'm worth."

LOL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom