anyone else really rich here? - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #166
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:35 PM
my head hurts.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #167
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaAnn
my head hurts.
How about some $$$?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #168
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, I am doing fine for money. I may not be doing quite as well as bear, but I have more than enough**.

**enough = When I run out of toilet paper, I use paper money.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Oh, I am doing fine for money.
Me too.

Quote:

**enough = When I run out of toilet paper, I use paper money.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 PM
I hide behind Teddy Grahams.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #171
The Fly

oh no. it seems like this thread is losing steam.

where is zoomerang? i want to hear more about all his/her money!

that brings up a couple questions--since i am relatively new to posting here. long time lurker, new poster.

1. is zoomerang male or female? i tend to think male if he's out buying speed boats at the weekend. girls would probably not be buying speed boats...but maybe they would.

2. is zoomerang 16 years old? there's something about his speech pattern that screams 16. or is he just from montreal?

zoomerang...your braggadocious nature has enchanted me and i must know more about all your bling.

tell me more!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #172
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ntalwar

Regarding "loan", Merriam Webster has it as a verb until the mid-1300s.
Webster's (the online version at least) has it as a verb dating back to the 13th century:

Quote:
Function:
transitive verb
Date:
13th century

usage The verb loan is one of the words English settlers brought to America and continued to use after it had died out in Britain. Its use was soon noticed by British visitors and somewhat later by the New England literati, who considered it a bit provincial. It was flatly declared wrong in 1870 by a popular commentator, who based his objection on etymology. A later scholar showed that the commentator was ignorant of Old English and thus unsound in his objection, but by then it was too late, as the condemnation had been picked up by many other commentators. Although a surprising number of critics still voice objections, loan is entirely standard as a verb. You should note that it is used only literally; lend is the verb used for figurative expressions, such as “lending a hand” or “lending enchantment.”
Anyway, the OED is better suited to my refined lexical palate.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

none of you know this, but i'm secretly wealthy, too.

i choose to live below the poverty line. it's a social experiment. i have my money squirrelled away into offshore interests in the caymans.

zoomerang, please send me a PM post haste. we have to find a new date for our monthly money burn, i'm getting a pap smear on the 8th so i can't make it.

(if someone could please forward this post along to the CIBC Line of Credit department, it might be a big help. )
Old 02-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #174
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo100
oh no. it seems like this thread is losing steam.

where is zoomerang? i want to hear more about all his/her money!

that brings up a couple questions--since i am relatively new to posting here. long time lurker, new poster.

1. is zoomerang male or female? i tend to think male if he's out buying speed boats at the weekend. girls would probably not be buying speed boats...but maybe they would.

2. is zoomerang 16 years old? there's something about his speech pattern that screams 16. or is he just from montreal?

zoomerang...your braggadocious nature has enchanted me and i must know more about all your bling.

tell me more!!!

Bear is likely working at the moment.

1) That's not a roll of bills in his pants. He's all man.

2) Nope.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #175
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Zoomerang, if you are not joking, then I think it is quite fair the way people hav reacted in this thread. I have no problem with you starting a thread of this nature, but not when you continue to make comments like these:

Because of the way you bragged, and replied with other comments.

Was there a need to add the part in brackets?

That is out-and-out bragging. It's better if you say "I could possibly spend upwards of 6-7000 dollars a weekend"

What does that even mean? It makes no sense whatsoever! You are effectively asking would you trade in your current money for more money! Of course you would!! If someone said I'll give you $20 for $5, who would refuse?

Can you not see the arrogance in this comment? You're bringing it on yourself.

What would that prove? NO, we don't want to see pictures of your wallet! That is incredibly arrogant.

Nobody cares about proof. If you say you are rich, then I'll believe you, and congratulate you on your wealth, but there's no need to resort to arrogance.

Again, arrogance. You could have said, "but to have that plus a bit cash is good"

That was not really necessary. If you want to talk about your excessive cash, go to a specific forum to talk about it.

Well, I'll stop there. Sorry to have wrote all this, but it was just how i felt after reading this thread.

Zoomerang, you apoligised in your first page, and thanks for that, that was really good, but you then went on with arrogance about showing us your wallet. And apologies if this was all sarcasm.

I think you'll find, as well, that a lot of people here who may be well-off, were humber, and did not want to participate in the thread.
do you see me telling you or anyone else how to construct a post/thread? no, and you know why? despite my money, i don't feel the need to shove it in everyone's faces by telling them how to type.

that very fact alowne proofs i don't brag, when it would be so easy for me to "come down" on people for the way they right there postes.

and one final thing, if you accepted my apology in the first place, why are you still mad at me? the rest of my posts were dignified and respectable, something you'd see a really rich person in movies right (like james bond, gregoire c. lewis, james gandolfini from the sopranos or the bald angry guy from ER).

maybe i'm just lost, i dunno.

lol! that wouldn't be the first time i didn't know what was going on around me then but it probabbly wouldnt be the last time then there either lol.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #176
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ntalwar

I've seen some hints that might indicate otherwise.
For example, "why would i borrow someone like you cash". "Lend cash" is the correct term. Carrying $6k in cash is good if you want to buy illegal stuff, otherwise use credit cards. And the statement about the number of people having 5k in the bank is way off. Plus, he doesn't wish to discuss the details about how he earns it.
what does grammar have to do with my superior wealth? i don't get it at all.

my spelling struggles at times due to my recreational drug use, but that shouldn't discredit what i'm worth.

do you wish you had my mone or somthin?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #177
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Bear is likely working at the moment.

1) That's not a roll of bills in his pants. He's all man.

2) Nope.

that's not a man, that's a glorious piece of work destined for museum tours for centuries.

ha, i kid.

i'm starting to feel self-conscience about all this talk of my money. i had no idea it would turn out like this... i sort of feel like a mini-online celebrity!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #178
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

that's not a man, that's a glorious piece of work destined for museum tours for centuries.

ha, i kid.

i'm starting to feel self-conscience about all this talk of my money. i had no idea it would turn out like this... i sort of feel like a mini-online celebrity!
zoomerang...i think i love you.

i've fallen in love. i can't help it. you're too charming...and rich.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

my spelling struggles at times due to my recreational drug use, but that shouldn't discredit what i'm worth.

I assumed the rich were refined in everything, including grammar - like Prince Charles or something . I do not wish to have your money. However, I do enjoy discussing financial topics with rich people, but you do not wish to go there.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #180
The Fly

Quote:

this might be your best post in this thread!

Particularly "my spelling struggles at times due to my recreational drug use, but that shouldn't discredit what i'm worth."

LOL!!!!