Anyone else have AT&T as their ISP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I do, and all of a sudden they're changing e-mail names amoung other things. Instead of mediaone.net, it's now attbi.com. What really sucks about this is that since about a week now, half of my e-mails aren't getting out and I'm not receiving them all. My e-mail is all but useless right now. They just go out and get lost in tech space somewhere (and you don't get any errors either). This really sucks big time. Anyone else having this problem?

[This message has been edited by ZOOTB (edited 02-12-2002).]

I just switched from AT&T because they doubled the price and cut the hours in half. Goobers! I'm trying the new WalMart Connect. It's *very* reasonable and I think it's driven by AOL (ugh, I know).

Originally posted by ZOOTB:
I do, and all of a sudden they're changing e-mail names amoung other things. Instead of mediaone.net, it's now attbi.com. What really sucks about this is that since about a week now, half of my e-mails aren't getting out and I'm not receiving them all. My e-mail is all but useless right now. They just go out and get lost in tech space somewhere (and you don't get any errors either). This really sucks big time. Anyone else having this problem?

[This message has been edited by ZOOTB (edited 02-12-2002).]

did you do all the changes and checks that they told you to?
if not there are numerous ways that you're spotty service could be explained.
they may now be requiring people to use actual ip addresses in the 'server name' settings in your email program, instead of just 'mail' and 'smtp'.
if you're behind a router you're settings may be different from everyone else on the network as well.

------------------
Imagine:
In Florida the wind is rattling the chimes.
You look over the alligators and the sea grass and water. There it is:
The rocket's burn. The best century ever.
We were here. But now it's time to go.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Kobe and Zone to the Broadband rescue!!!!

we need a 'dynamic duo' type moniker...'wideband warriors' is the best i can come up with...'broadband brigadiers'?
smile.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:
did you do all the changes and checks that they told you to?
if not there are numerous ways that you're spotty service could be explained.
they may now be requiring people to use actual ip addresses in the 'server name' settings in your email program, instead of just 'mail' and 'smtp'.
if you're behind a router you're settings may be different from everyone else on the network as well.

Yup, made all changes that were required (and called them 3 times). They just suck that's all. Everytime a company makes technical changes of this magnitude things go wrong. (Reminds me of when Baybank merged with Fleet).A friend even said it was on the news about all the problems they're having. I'm into the second week of "lost" e-mails. Using yahoo for now....

Yes I have attbi bastards that switched from @home. My speeds are so much slower.

mad.gif

Yes I have. They told me on the phone that there was a problem with the outside lines, that they were not functioning to capacity. Some fool even came to check and when he saw that I lived in an apartment building he's like, um theres nothing we can do.. the lines are all run underground.
mad.gif

He even told me that they have cut the amount of bandwith for the customers.

My ftp maxes out at 15.5 k which is CRAP.. it used to max at much more.

So yeah.

Back
Top Bottom