Another So. Cal Earthquake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eliv8, I'm right here in San Diego with you. It was basically a very brief window rattler. If you weren't sitting perfectly still you might not even have noticed... uh... which I guess you didn't. So um, nevermind this post. LOL

Cleasai said:
Eliv8, I'm right here in San Diego with you. It was basically a very brief window rattler. If you weren't sitting perfectly still you might not even have noticed... uh... which I guess you didn't. So um, nevermind this post. LOL

*Cant sit still for 5 minutes. Plus I work in Poway.

I was talking on the phone with someone in S.D Poway she didn't feel it. I DID feel it. I'm in Yorba Linda.

Yikes someone is trying to tell us something. Whenever one happens I kind of just stop and think F*** hope it ends before I have to take action LOL. My kids don't seem scared at all. I wasn't when I was a kid. Now it concerns me I hate being an adult. :grumpy:

My cat was napping on the couch all of a sudden she just sat up with ears raised and a crazed look in her eye then it began to shake. :huh: It seemed to last for quite some time. I swear I get Northridge flashbacks when they start out slow like that. :|

I am at work and was when the latest one hit. Someone always yells "Is that an earthquake?" as we all get up and wander into a hallway. I watched the building across from us, it was odd.

No damage, though, but it is a tad scary to have 3 earthquakes so close to each other.

Should have stayed in The Bronx, safer there. :)

what a day, totally shitty timing, I already woke up nervous about a new bartending gig Im starting tonight at a real upscale place, then the reality check of God threw another quake on us, ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Do you think many small ones relieve pressure, or are they a prelude to a bigger one? I think both, it all depends, but I don't know what scientists say. Btw, the one from today has been downgraded to 4.8 according to the world news.

BONO'ppetit said:
Do you think many small ones relieve pressure, or are they a prelude to a bigger one? I think both, it all depends, but I don't know what scientists say. Btw, the one from today has been downgraded to 4.8 according to the world news.

There is an earthquake cluster theory in which a large (7+) earthquake can cause other earthquakes on the same fault system. So the earthquake in South America may have influenced the earthquake up in Crescent City and may influence a large one elsewhere on the west coast.

Mr. BAW said:
My sources about that remark are pretty genuine...one even commented that he thought it was a 9 considering how spread the damage was ...from the edge of Antelope Valley through Northridge, Santa Clarita and Santa Monica...many of the freeway overpasses were knocked out...it was ugly...we were in OC during that one and our house rocked....we had all four kids living with us at the time, all 6 of us huddled in the living room...and we were 70 miles east of the epicenter.....

I was born and raised in So. Cal had the San Andreas fault right through the backyard. Earthquakes never use to bother me until Northridge! We were living in Venice/Santa Monica border (had just moved 3 weeks prior from the valley) and we were convinced we were the epicenter (had 3 quakes prior to that off the coast) and were totally shocked when we found out from relatives living on the east coast watching CNN what had really happened and how wide spread it was. 6.4 my arse!

Chizip said:

what the public doesnt know wont hurt them :shifty:

unless they get killed in an earthquake i guess
Yeah, but dead guys don't talk. :|

Glad to hear you're all OK! :hug: I guess some folks feel the same way about our hurricanes here on the Southeast coast, but I don't think I could live somewhere that the ground could open up & swallow my house without much notice! :no: How in the world do you live with that possiblity?!?!? :yikes:

redkat said:
I was talking on the phone with someone in S.D Poway she didn't feel it. I DID feel it. I'm in Yorba Linda.

Yikes someone is trying to tell us something. Whenever one happens I kind of just stop and think F*** hope it ends before I have to take action LOL. My kids don't seem scared at all. I wasn't when I was a kid. Now it concerns me I hate being an adult. :grumpy:

Right next door in Placentia; Yorba Linda at Kraemer...:up:

Ms. M said:

I was born and raised in So. Cal had the San Andreas fault right through the backyard. Earthquakes never use to bother me until Northridge! We were living in Venice/Santa Monica border (had just moved 3 weeks prior from the valley) and we were convinced we were the epicenter (had 3 quakes prior to that off the coast) and were totally shocked when we found out from relatives living on the east coast watching CNN what had really happened and how wide spread it was. 6.4 my arse!

We were living in OC at the time but I grew up in the South Bay (Torrance) and that's the one that I told you may have actually been a 9 but was scaled back by "the powers that be...(freakin' insurance companies)...you see they can't write policies on an active seismic area...so if they turn the cheek, pull those #'s down a little, all is well....:shrug:

Mr. BAW said:

We were living in OC at the time but I grew up in the South Bay (Torrance) and that's the one that I told you may have actually been a 9 but was scaled back by "the powers that be...(freakin' insurance companies)...you see they can't write policies on an active seismic area...so if they turn the cheek, pull those #'s down a little, all is well....:shrug:

Grrr.. :mad: Bastards. :yell: It's all about the Benjamins, isn't it?

This is sort of off topic, my Firefox just said there's a severe weather alert for Mansfield, TX.

oMgz0rz!!!11!11!

BluRmGrl said:

Yeah, but dead guys don't talk. :|

Glad to hear you're all OK! :hug: I guess some folks feel the same way about our hurricanes here on the Southeast coast, but I don't think I could live somewhere that the ground could open up & swallow my house without much notice! :no: How in the world do you live with that possiblity?!?!? :yikes:

I must say as an Australian I watch the news about NA with some interest and amusement. If you're not getting sucked up in a tornado, you're living on major fault lines. Oh yeah and buried under 10 feet of snow.

I love Australia! We are such a benign continent! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom