American Idols Tour 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ljclary

War Child
OKay so this is all for you Lila!!!:wink:

So I am gonna admit it! I spent the money and went to this show last night in Manchester, NH. I took my two fellow 30 year old, American Idol loving, girlfriends and we went. Long story short it was exactly like I expected. Cheesy, lame and totally fun!!

This first half was of the five lower placed "winners" (mandisa, pickler,bucky,ace,lisa and paris) It was lame. Paris surprised me by being pretty good but all in total I could have come in at the second half. After the intermission (WTF?) came Chris, who by the crowds response should have won, Eliot and last was Taylor-who was sporting a white jacket and mauve shirt..loved it!! The boys sang together and so did the girls but the highlight for me was how 12 and 13year old girls were going crazy over and knowing every word to Led Zepplin songs (sung by Chris) and Doobie Brothers songs (sung by Taylor)

Now you may ask are we not missing someone? Yup that is right little miss runner up, Katherine McPhee, was absent from show from an "illness". WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Umm..its opening night of a tour...interesting:ohmy:

So anyways the show was good-it was fun, it was cheesy and I still do not understand why people think Ace is hot...ah well.

34753%3C%3B93%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3239%3E959%3E443%3EWSNRCG%3D32338%3A%3B239%3C8%3Bnu0mrj

34753%3C%3B93%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3239%3E959%3E443%3EWSNRCG%3D32338%3A%3B256645nu0mrj

34753%3C%3B93%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3239%3E959%3E443%3EWSNRCG%3D32338%3A%3B239%3C94nu0mrj

34753%3C%3B93%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3239%3E959%3E443%3EWSNRCG%3D32338%3A%3B239%3C97nu0mrj

'Idol' tour starts without McPhee

'Total voice rest' ordered for runner-up

Thursday, July 6, 2006; Posted: 10:31 a.m. EDT (14:31 GMT)

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (AP) -- As the young finalists from "American Idols Live" kicked off their U.S. tour Wednesday, word that runner-up Katharine McPhee was sidelined with severe bronchitis and laryngitis disappointed fans.

"It bummed me out," concertgoer Gail Johnson said.

Manchester's Verizon Wireless Arena announced McPhee wasn't performing at the concerts Wednesday and Thursday night; her doctor, Sean Nassari, ordered "total voice rest."

McPhee said in a statement that she was disappointed she couldn't perform, but "I need to follow my doctor's orders to recuperate and reunite with the rest of the idols."

She said her doctor told her she needed to remain silent. "That's the most difficult part, not talking!" McPhee wrote.

McPhee, 22, lost the most recent round of the superpopular singing competition to Taylor Hicks.

so what are the consipiracy theories?

PS - Elliot looked like he was really enjoying himself up there.

Sounds like fun - did Taylor have to do the obligated songs, or was it more fun/party atmosphere? What did Elliott sing??? I can imagine people being disappointed not to see Katharine. After all, she was one of the top finalists and still has a good voice. Hopefully her voice will be fine by the time she plays her hometown :wink: (My show!)

From mj's big blog:

Tour Set List

Mandisa: "I'm Every Woman", "If I Was Your Woman"
Mandisa and Ace: "I'm Your Angel"
Ace: "Father Figure", "Harder to Breathe"
Lisa: "Signed, Sealed, Delivered", "Your Song" "Someone Saved My Life Tonight"
Lisa and Paris: "Waterfalls"
Paris: "Midnight Train to Georgia", "Crazy in Love"
Bucky: "Superstition", "Drift Away",
Bucky and Kellie: "You're the One That I Want"
Kellie: "Walkin' After Midnight", "I'm the Only One"

INTERMISSION

Chris: "Whole Lotta Love", "Wanted Dead or Alive", "Renegade"
Chris and Elliott: "Savin' Me"
Elliott: "All My Love", "Trouble" (Elvis), "Moody's Mood for Love"
Bucky, Chris, Elliott, Ace: "Patience" (Tribute to Katharine)
Mandisa, Lisa, Paris, Kellie: Girls medley from the Finale - "I'm a Woman", "I Feel Like a Woman"
Taylor: "Jailhouse Rock", "Hollywood Nights", "Sweet Soul Music", "What's Goin' On", "Livin' for the City", "Don't Let Me Down", "Do I Make You Proud"

ENCORE

Taylor: "Takin' it to the Streets"
The Idols without Taylor: "We Are the Champions"
Everyone: "Living in America"

misfit toys said:
From mj's big blog:

Taylor: "Jailhouse Rock", "Hollywood Nights", "Sweet Soul Music", "What's Goin' On", "Livin' for the City", "Don't Let Me Down", "Do I Make You Proud"

So when Taylor started out he entered at the back of the arena and made his way from one side to the other and from the back to the front (with the help of three extremly large body guards may I add) it was really neat.

Also may I just say I just came home from the MAdonna tour (yup I am a concert whore) and I feel like I enjoyed the Idols more
:reject: I mean she only sang five songs I really knew and did not even come out for one encore...LAME!!! Yup she can dance and put on a real show but COME ON!!!

My show was great, thanks for asking. My seats were good, but not fantastic. Some of these pictures are so close!! I was impressed with how good everyone sounded live, must be since all the pressure is gone for the most part. Some of them I still just plain old don't like though.

And, I did get to meet a few of the idols after the show... be it very briefly. :reject:

oh, and thanks for the birthday wish - but it's not until october! ;)

Oops - well then someone with a similar name recently had a birthday :lol:

How did you get to meet the idols afterwards?

we were outside the arena, killing time until the traffic calmed down, and they came out where the buses usually leave. They all were there, with the exception of Taylor and Elliott.

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I just had to share this.:giggle:

I went to a zoo/farm for a 3 year old birthday party in Long Island NY. As I stroll in, I hear someone singing to recorded music on a stage in the middle of a pumpkin patch. And there he was, singing "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" in front of 50 adoring fans.......Kevin Covais.

Numb1075 said:
Sorry to bump up an old thread but I just had to share this.:giggle:

I went to a zoo/farm for a 3 year old birthday party in Long Island NY. As I stroll in, I hear someone singing to recorded music on a stage in the middle of a pumpkin patch. And there he was, singing "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" in front of 50 adoring fans.......Kevin Covais.
There is a resemblance; are you sure it was him....:giggle:

halloween_2000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom