American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, he doesn't just have the #1 song on iTunes. He has the entire top four. Wow. Way to go, dude!

Oh, and #2? "Still Haven't Found." Awesome.

3 videos from AI Extra here:

David Cook Interview - AI Extra - VIDEO | American Idol

The husband & wife we spent the day with in line must have planned wisely, cuz I see them in the audience for AI Extra. I think to qualify to be in the audience for this after the show, you had to be one of the first 200 in line on Wednesday morning. So they must have shown up between 6-8am :crack:

And I was watching some of Tuesday night's performance that I recorded, and I saw another girl who waited in line behind us. She ran a few blocks barefoot, in a dress, thru downtown L.A. to the Arco Station to pick up snacks, ie, our lunch. The husband above gave her $20 to pick up snacks for about 12 of us to share. And he bought waters too. Happy for them! Just wish I had their contact info so I could send them the clips!

Larry King Live at 9:00pm ET
on Friday, May 23, 2008

Tonight: ‘American Idol’ Winner and Finalists!

America voted and David Cook is the newest American Idol!
A rockstar who's more heartland than Hollywood, David Cook
takes your calls along with the other nine finalists!
It's a Larry King Live exclusive!

Part one of a two-part special!

Don't miss a special second hour with
your Idol favorites on Monday, May 26!

I thought this was funny today...

200805_A18_Plante-20080523.jpg

On Leno last night, which I think tapes around 5PM, he said he had about an hour nap mid-day. I think he's probably been awake non-stop prior to that. Give the boy a rest!!! Will have to see how he looks on Larry King tonight...

yeah, jordin sparks said she never got a day's rest to herself after she won the year before. work work work.

Okay, so I taped the show for my mother, who was out of town for the finale. I watched it again with her, and her thoughts amused me, so I figured I'd share:

- "Is it just me, or does David Cook sound the best in the group songs?" (Answer: it ain't just you, Mom.)

- She concurred with me that Carrie completely rocked.

- Her thought process re: Bryan Adams was identical to mine. "He sounds great! And he still looks really good, too." Then we got a close-up on his face: "Oh my gawd, what happened to him?" And seriously, Bryan. Shave and get a facial or something.

- "Why is Jordin wearing a mylar balloon?"

- "When did David Cook get hot?" Snerk. I dunno, but she's not wrong.

- She LOVED the Davids dueting on "Hero," which I'd forgotten the mention a few days ago when I was too busy squeeing over Cook's win (you weren't alone in that, Cori :wink:). That was always a guilty-pleasure song for me, so I loved hearing it, even if Cook completely showed up Archie on that one -- which wasn't really Archie's fault. I just don't think his pitch-perfect voice has a lot of power in it.

- She made rewind Cook's Guitar Hero commercial. Twice.

- She had absolutely no idea what to think of George Michael. (Me to her: "Trust me, he's usually really awesome.")

- She sat through about 20 seconds of the Jonas Brothers before telling me to fast-forward. Hee.

- She giggled her ass off when Cook sang the "magic rainbow" line, because we both always hate the coronation songs. But she pointed out that he's the only winner to never completely lose his shit and cry in the middle of his final song. And I hadn't noticed that; he was pitch-perfect. Bravo, dude.

Dammit, I'm going to miss this show.

There's obviously been a million appearances & video clips posted online -same q & a.

Here's a couple that were a little different

Cook on Nightline:
David Cook - Nightline - VIDEO | American Idol

Best Week Ever - :lol:
David Cook - Best Week Ever - VIDEO | American Idol

Some interview, don't recall if it was Nightline, he was asked what his fave performance was, and I believe he said 'Music of The Night'.

Just read this too:
A Change of Plans for Rock Night: David originally planned to sing “All Along the Watchtower” for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show, but changed it after he worked up a slower arrangement for “Baba O’Riley.” The original arrangement for “Baba O’Reily” was closer to the Who version, and after he changed it, he decided that he didn’t want to perform two slow songs. He finally settled on “Hungry Like a Wolf” as his second song. Tis a pity, I think. tis a pity indeed

I need to get Maddy some iTunes money/gift cards. Yeah.... that's it :shifty: :shh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And according to mjsbigblog.com:

Jacko was too scared to sing

MICHAEL Jackson pulled out of a huge TV comeback – with stagefright.
Jacko, 49, was to sing live on the final of American Idol in front of a TV audience of 27 million.
But 24 hours before the show in Los Angeles he bottled out, saying: “I can’t do it. Everyone will hate me.” A source said: “This was his big chance but he got stage-fright.” Spice Girls guru Simon Fuller is helping Jacko with his comeback, say insiders.
:ohmy:

Last edited:
Yeah, I've really enjoyed this American Idol thread!

I hope that all of you guys will still be around next year ready to discuss Idol when it starts up again!!! Hopefully I'll still be around, too.

:pray:

Does anyone have any of Cook's songs from iTunes/American Idol? Maddy went to buy some today, and the only one up there is the 'Time Of My Life'. We need some of the others :sad:

Yeah Lila, if you're lookin for any of David Cook's songs you can find them at the butcher shop getting sliced and diced and cured until they are hardly recognizable anymore as songs. Especially his version of Baba O'Riley. :yuck:

ButcherPig_Vector.jpg

^ The above is the last known media photograph of David Cook in action.

Back
Top Bottom