American Idol - Season 7 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay

I am praying there is not another Kellie Pickler
I absolutely adore her. I prefer her over Carrie Underwood actually. Her album was quite good. "Red High Heels"=

Old 01-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Kellie Pickler is dumber than a box of rocks. I saw her on Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader and she was really, really dumb. I always thought it was more of an act, but this was for charity and she blew it. I'm not sure if that makes me like her more or less. As for her singing, I don't listen to country, so i have no opinion.

I saw Blake Lewis on The View this morning and i thought his song was AWFUL! I see him getting dropped from his label in about a year.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #63
Refugee

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
It's a party at my dad's tonight!
It's so funny that I really used to hate hate HATE this show until my dad of all people got me into it. He's such a nut!
American Idol is one of the few shows all of my family watches.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #64
Refugee

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest

PLEASE tell me you'll be doing one of your awe-inspiring recaps tonight.
Ahem...

Well tonight is the season premier American Idol, season seven. It seems just yesterday I was writing my recap for the finale, and now I’m going to start writing about a brand spanking new season. Will I find contestants I can actually vote for or will I find myself chucking my remote at my TV, screaming, “You stink! Get off the stage!”?

After an amazing fifth season, American Idol seemed to stumble in the sixth. Last season seemed to be more notable for Sanjaya’s ever-changing hairstyles and Ashley the crying girl than any memorable contestants. American Idol seemed to be more about American Idol than the finding a superstar. And celebrity guests over-shadowed the contestants. Also, the post-AI CDs of winner Jordin Sparks and first runner-up Blake Lewis are experiencing slow sales. And has my girl Melinda Doolittle even gotten a record deal?

Furthermore, other Idol winners and contestants have had their share of problems. Second season contestant, Corey Clark, and fourth season contestant, Jessica Sierra, have seen the inside of jail cells more than inside of recording studios. Second season winner, Ruben Studdard, and fifth season winner, Taylor Hicks, got dropped by their record labels. Katharine McPhee, fifth season runner up, also parted ways with her record label. Even Original Recipe Idol, Kelly Clarkson, had problems with her latest disc, “My December.”

However, there have been triumphs for other American Idol-ettes. Season four winner Carrie Underwood seems to be unstoppable with her pop-flavored country. Chris Daughtry is having a great deal of success with his brand of Nickelback-styled rock. Third season winner Fantasia found her name in Broadway lights as Celie in "The Color Purple." And season five’s, Elliott Yamin, had a hit single with “Wait for You,” not to mention, a new set of choppers. And we can’t forget third season’s Jennifer Hudson’s Oscar win for her amazing portrayal of Effie in "Dreamgirls."

Yes, as much as I make fun of American Idol, I really am looking forward to tonight’s premier. And I thoroughly enjoy writing my recaps. Yes, Julie (that’s my sister), I will continue to give your dose of AI “crack.”

http://community.myfoxmilwaukee.com/blogs/GolightlyGrrl
Old 01-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #65
New Yorker

i read in today's paper that Clay aiken is starring as "Robin" in Spam-alot..He is quoted as saying he did not understand the musical at all at 1st..oh Clay
Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #66
Blue Crack Distributor

Glad to see you back Golightly Grrl
Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

Ahem...

Well tonight is the season premier American Idol, season seven. It seems just yesterday I was writing my recap for the finale, and now I’m going to start writing about a brand spanking new season. Will I find contestants I can actually vote for or will I find myself chucking my remote at my TV, screaming, “You stink! Get off the stage!”?

After an amazing fifth season, American Idol seemed to stumble in the sixth. Last season seemed to be more notable for Sanjaya’s ever-changing hairstyles and Ashley the crying girl than any memorable contestants. American Idol seemed to be more about American Idol than the finding a superstar. And celebrity guests over-shadowed the contestants. Also, the post-AI CDs of winner Jordin Sparks and first runner-up Blake Lewis are experiencing slow sales. And has my girl Melinda Doolittle even gotten a record deal?

Furthermore, other Idol winners and contestants have had their share of problems. Second season contestant, Corey Clark, and fourth season contestant, Jessica Sierra, have seen the inside of jail cells more than inside of recording studios. Second season winner, Ruben Studdard, and fifth season winner, Taylor Hicks, got dropped by their record labels. Katharine McPhee, fifth season runner up, also parted ways with her record label. Even Original Recipe Idol, Kelly Clarkson, had problems with her latest disc, “My December.”

However, there have been triumphs for other American Idol-ettes. Season four winner Carrie Underwood seems to be unstoppable with her pop-flavored country. Chris Daughtry is having a great deal of success with his brand of Nickelback-styled rock. Third season winner Fantasia found her name in Broadway lights as Celie in "The Color Purple." And season five’s, Elliott Yamin, had a hit single with “Wait for You,” not to mention, a new set of choppers. And we can’t forget third season’s Jennifer Hudson’s Oscar win for her amazing portrayal of Effie in "Dreamgirls."

Yes, as much as I make fun of American Idol, I really am looking forward to tonight’s premier. And I thoroughly enjoy writing my recaps. Yes, Julie (that’s my sister), I will continue to give your dose of AI “crack.”

http://community.myfoxmilwaukee.com/blogs/GolightlyGrrl
You win. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about tonight's group of oh-so talented hopefuls. I'm actually going back right now to read last year's recaps.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:18 AM

Temptress!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Alexis.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #70
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
Alexis.
haha..was Alexis the one simon referred to as William Dafoe?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #71
The Male

Local Time: 01:18 AM
DAMN I missed the premiere.

Now.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay

haha..was Alexis the one simon referred to as William Dafoe?
I think so. She was the girl with the stunning make-up job that butchered "Somebody To Love", which I can never forgive her for.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #73
Refugee

Looks like tomorrow night is a major freak show!!

Tonight was just a'ight for me dawg. I'm growing tired of all these gimmicky people. The funniest part is watching the faces of Randy and Simon.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Randy with the paper over his face..

The dude in the cloak
Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor

So far only up to Angela Martin (Signed Sealed Delivered/wedding singer/mom of sick daughter). The "Janis Joplin" rocker was

Cloak guy is coming up