American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Not to mention we just spent two weeks being bludgeoned over the head with the Beatles. Thank goodness earlier in the night we had songs from those classic American artists, Queen, Bonnie Tyler, and the Police. Whatever, Paula.

And my problem isn't so much that David Cook is singing covers-of-covers -- it's that Ryan is flat-out telling us that he's doing Chris Cornell's version as he introduces it and the judges still call him "original" and "brave" for doing so. Not so much, guys. If they want to praise him for being clever in picking the Cornell version of Billie Jean, fine. If they want to praise him for his singing being spot-on (which it was), fine. But all of them acted as if David came up with that arrangement himself. THAT's what bugs.

Also, has anyone noticed how much Carly looks like Boy George? It's kinda freaky.

GirlsAloudFan said:

See, I must have missed them announcing that it was Cornell's version. And maybe I'll start cutting David C. a little slack. He does have a good voice. I think I might just be jealous of the guy. :mad: :wink:

And, yes, Simon's theme-park analogies are usually spot on and last night was no different.

I rewatched the performance today with my daughter, and Ryan did say it was Cornell's version while he was in the crowd of girls in the audience. I missed him saying it last night. So when I first saw it, I liked it but knew it was Cornell's version, which is probably widely unknown/unheard.

I think I understand why the judges said "brave" or whatever - David could have just done Billie Jean in the plain old, expected way, and maybe some people might have said "Ugh, that's not the Billie Jean I know, this sucks!"

(But I hear what you're saying, Allanah.)

I just assume most people watching figure the singers aren't doing their own arrangements anyway. I could be wrong. :shrug:

I wonder how much control over the arrangement they would have - Chris Sligh did his thing, but the band really pushed back on li'l Josiah's plans during Hollywood week. (Although maybe Ricky and the rest of the band really felt strongly that it was a bad arrangement.)

Last edited:
Honestly, it's the only way I can tolerate American Idol - not getting my grundies in a bundle about it. I used to get all wound up about every other thing on the show, but a healthy dose of cynicism helps. :wink:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
You're gonna get worked up about something the loony judge says? Back down, Zoots! :wink:

Yeah really, Paula is a complete loony toon. Nothing she says ever makes sense :coocoo:

It is hilarious that Kristy Lee is still in this competition. And now she's avoiding the bottom 3 altogether? Wow. Seriously, I'm getting a big kick out of watching this girl survive when she really has no right to. I thought she'd be gone a month ago.

Every week she creeps one step closer to having a shitty song on Country Music Television in a year's time. Good for her.

Last edited:
i had a feeling that this person was gonna go (one of the two people I was thinking of). Again, it was the wrong song choice that did this person in.. Great singer tho...

GirlsAloudFan said:
Chikezie, I will miss ye. :(

It is hilarious that Kristy Lee is still in this competition. And now she's avoiding the bottom 3 altogether? Wow. Seriously, I'm getting a big kick out of watching this girl survive when she really has no right to. I thought she'd be gone a month ago.

Every week she creeps one step closer to having a shitty song on Country Music Television in a year's time. Good for her.

um.. you might want to put "spoiler" in your post.. there are people on the west coast who haven't seen the show yet...

just saying we shouldn't give away the results before the west coast sees it...

I didn't agree with tonights outcome.

Happy that Michael Johns is still in it, Peter Cook has all the stuff but there is just something about him that is not catching me.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

um.. you might want to put "spoiler" in your post.. there are people on the west coast who haven't seen the show yet...

:huh: If they don't want to be spoiled why look at this thread during the show? :huh:

Anyway, there were at least 2 other people who had worse performances (read: vocals) last night. Kristy, Ramiele and sometimes Brooke have trouble staying on key when singing with the full band.

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:

:huh: If they don't want to be spoiled why look at this thread during the show? :huh:

because it's a general discussion thread as well. People come in at various times throughout the day to chat about stuff not just the results.. :shrug:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

OOoooops my bad. :reject:

I didn't even think. I'm really sorry about that. If I had a Dolorean or some other time-machine I would go back and never make my stupid post. I really hope I didn't ruin the show for you.

GirlsAloudFan said:

OOoooops my bad. :reject:

I didn't even think. I'm really sorry about that. If I had a Dolorean or some other time-machine I would go back and never make my stupid post. I really hope I didn't ruin the show for you.

it's ok.. stuff happens.. :wink:

you might want to go back and edit your post tho...

I don't think it's unreasonable that if someone hasn't seen the show yet, they don't come into the thread. We're talking about a couple of hours' difference here.

I know there's discussion in here as well as results, but what - you can't hang on another few hours before saying what you wanted to say?

I came in to get spoiled. :wink: I'm not surprised by who went. A little bummed, but not surprised.

most people i am sure try and stay out of the thread for the most part but there are some who might not be thinking for whatever reason and get the results when they may have not wanted to.. just saying..
From my own experience in another show's thread I accidentially gave away the show before everyone else (my excitement came over me) and got a ass-chewing by people who were on the west coast... Just trying to help out here..:shrug:

Last edited:
I know. And I know I've accidentally spoiled myself by clicking in here without thinking, but I don't blame the people in here, I blame myself. :)

U2Fanatic4ever said:

it's ok.. stuff happens.. :wink:

you might want to go back and edit your post tho...

Ok good:)

And post is edited. I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that will never happen again.

At least not by me :wink:

GirlsAloudFan said:

Ok good:)

And post is edited. I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that will never happen again.

At least not by me :wink:

no worries at all! :hug:

I was just trying to help out... I had a bad experience myself once with giving away a show before the west coast by accident and got an ass-chewing by others..

corianderstem said:
I know. And I know I've accidentally spoiled myself by clicking in here without thinking, but I don't blame the people in here, I blame myself. :)

I certainly don't blame anyone if it were to happen to me.. I too, would only blame myself..

Basically I feel that it is respectable to wait until the west coast has seen a show before giving away winners, but personally I dont check these threads until the show is over if I dont want to read any spoilers. I've slipped up myself sometimes.

I seriously cant believe Kristy Cook was not in the bottom 3 and that Chikeeze went home :|

American Idol-The Top 10 Results

Wednesday night is the night of results but first we have other business to attend to. Ryan informs us that over 30 million people voted, the highest of the season. We also learn we will get a behind the scenes sneak peak of the Idols, the show will take more calls (yawn) and season two contestant, Kimberly Locke, will perform a little ditty.

Any songwriters out there? Idol needs a killer song for the AI winner. Well, I’m sure whatever song chosen, it is sure to murder my ear drums.

Speaking my murdering my ear drums, it’s time for a cheesy group sing. The contestants sing “Get Right Back from Where We Started From.” The group sing is so Macy’s Thanksgiving parade that I expected an Underdog balloon to be hovering over the stage.

Hey, want to see the kids record there songs? No? Well, you’re going to see it whether you like it or not. The contestants get to record full versions of their performance songs and you can download them from iTunes. Oh Carly, shut up. Even though you only sold about 300 copies of your debut CD, I doubt you’re completely unfamiliar with studio lingo.

Before we can get to announcing who is safe and who is in the bottom three, we get an overview of the Tuesday night’s highlights. Wait a minute. There were highlights?

Finally we have some results. Chickezie approaches Ryan on the American Idol Seal of Doom. He is in the bottom three and is told to sit on a Bedpan of Destiny. However, Brooke is safe and gets to sit on the Elvis Couch. Carly lets us know that she is not pregnant and she also endorses Spanx. Can’t a girl have some belly bloat without everyone thinking she’s knocked-up? Oh, by the way, Carly is safe.

After a commercial break, we get a Ford pimpmercial. This weeks’ song is Cheap Trick’s “I Want You to Want Me.” Somewhere Robin Zander is weeping.

Now for some results. David A is safe and so is David C who gets some props from Chris Cornell. Syesha, however, joins Chickezie on a Bedpan of Destiny.

Ugh. The audience phone calls, the biggest time waster Idol has ever come up with. And that’s saying something. What did we learn kids? Remember, there might be a quiz. Chickezie is very single, ladies. David A. like, totally picked his song, cause it’s like, a totally great song. Simon claims anyone can do Ryan’s job because it requires no talent. Brooke would love to do a duet with John Mayer. And as for Simon being the best looking of the bunch, well, Simon says, “It’s not what I say; it’s what others say.” Perhaps that phrase should be embroidered on a pillow.

Remember Kimberly Locke from season 2? She’s back and we get to find out what she’s been up to. She sings her latest single “Fall.” Rumor has it that Christian from “Project Broadway” designed her dress. Now does she look fierce or like a hot tranny mess? You be the judge.

Before we get to more results we get an Idol Gives Back Report on how money raised is being spent in the US. Good work everyone.

Finally, finally, the last person to be in the bottom three is announced. Ramiele is safe and so is Kristy Lee. I guess if Kristy Lee was in the bottom three then the terrorists have won. In a dredful (get it?) moment, Jason is in the bottom three. He probably wonders how a Bedpan of Destiny can be turned into a bong.

But who is leaving? Jason and Syesha are safe and join the rest on the Elvis Couch. Chickezie is Chick-outsie. This wasn’t too much of a surprise. I’m glad he got a full sing out.

And next week Dolly Parton is on board. Hmm, do you think it’s country night?

Jason Castro in the bottom 3...could this long national nightmare be close to ending? Dear sweet Jesus he's cheesy...

I like Jason in general, but not for American Idol. To me, American Idol should be finding someone who has an amazing voice. While other factors come into play, such as personality, this is ultimately a singing competition. I like that the contestants are allowed to play instruments this year, but I worry that it's too much of a crutch for Jason. If you take away his guitar on some of the songs he's used it on and just focus on his voice, the vocals aren't that impressive.

Like I said though, I like Jason in general. But he often seems more like a dude who should be strumming in a coffee shop, not performing for millions on American Idol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom