American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
appearances...

Tuesday 2/19 - Josiah Leming appears on the Ellen Degeneres Show. Randy Jackson appears on Late Show with David Letterman.

Wednesday 2/20 - Randy Jackson appears on Late Night with Conan O’Brien. Chris Sligh appears on FOX 4 Good Day Dallas.

Thursday 2/21 - Jordin Sparks appears on the 700 Club, the ABC Family Channel.

Friday 2/22 - Jon Peter Lewis appears on Fox and Friends. Blake Lewis guest-stars on Free Radio on VH1.

Saturday 2/23 - Carrie Underwood performs on Saturday Night Live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next week’s theme: Songs from the 60’s. It’s the first time the semifinals will feature a theme. According to Nigel, the producers made sure the singers will sing more familiar songs. Says Nigel, “These are the 50 songs you can choose from the 60s…as opposed to letting the semifinals pick a potentially obscure song or one that doesn’t get cleared and they’re forced to swap out at the last second.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where are spoilers for the song choices? :hmm:

Ha! No kidding.

I'm fully prepared to hate Kristy Lee Cook because she seems like the type that the judges will pimp out and try to force the viewers to love.

Here's another blurb on the Carly Smithson "scandal," from Nigel Lythgoe:

“The rules of the competition state it’s if you do not have a contract now. Goodness me, if Elvis Presley came back and was out of contract — and was able to participate through [Idol’s] age [restrictions] — then he would be in the competition. Nobody said this is an amateur competition. This is something that people are making up for themselves. It doesn’t matter if you’ve had a professional contract. Kelly Clarkson had a professional contract. Bo Bice had a deal. [Taylor Hicks] has got records that are out there. This is nothing new.”

(Hmm, I didn't know Kelly Clarkson had a contract prior to the show. Interesting.)

Is anybody watching American Idol Rewind on the weekends?

Season 2 was by far the best season ever. The talent was so good. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I liked a lot of the singers from season 2, but man I hated Carmen Rasmussen. She had that annoying vibrato that made her sound like some kind of goat.

corianderstem said:
I liked a lot of the singers from season 2, but man I hated Carmen Rasmussen. She had that annoying vibrato that made her sound like some kind of goat.

Total goat. She was definitely one of the worst ones from that season.

Top12Guys.jpg

I can't look at that Garrett kid. Is he a time traveler from the 70s? Is Garrett really LEIF GARRETT?

:yikes:

We saw Chikieze's audition. I can't remember what city he was in, but I thought he was really good. We've seen Danny and David, and they're both great too. We saw Robbie during Hollywood week.

Robbie looked a LOT different back in his Britney-dating days. Like a little boyband member. Maybe he was even a member of a boy band ... just not one anyone has ever heard of.

Yeah, we've seen/heard Robbie, Chizeke, Danny, the Australian dude, and the dude I'm forgetting now that I don't have the list in front of me. The guy with the five-head and the blonde streak in his bangs. We saw him sing once or twice with the guitar during the Hollywood stuff.

corianderstem said:
Robbie looked a LOT different back in his Britney-dating days. Like a little boyband member. Maybe he was even a member of a boy band ... just not one anyone has ever heard of.

He was a boy band member for some random, unknown one. I think that's how they met. She was originally supposed to be in a similar type group for girls, I think.

ETA:
robbie-carrico_400x552.jpg

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

They're both 16 as far as I know. The contestants have to be between 16 and 28 when they audition originally. Danny might be 17, now that I think of it.

I think I may have seen them on myspace. This is some scary shiznit right here.

U2isthebest said:

Wait, what's scary?:scratch:

That fact that I may have seen them on myspace is scary. :ohmy:

Chizkziekei is the black dude
Colton looks extremely feminine
Danny looks emo
David A. looks like he's 10
David C. looks like he wants to kill me
David H. looks like he works in I.T.
Garret looks like he sang in Def Leppard once
Jason C. looks like he'll be the metalhead
Jason Y. looks like a jock to me
Luke? Well, the sweater there isn't flattering.
Michael looks like some guy they got off the street
And Robbie looks like Willie Nelson, which is cool, I guess

Should be a good show. :up:

LemonMelon said:

That fact that I may have seen them on myspace is scary. :ohmy:

Chizkziekei is the black dude
Colton looks extremely feminine
Danny looks emo
David A. looks like he's 10
David C. looks like he wants to kill me
David H. looks like he works in I.T.
Garret looks like he sang in Def Leppard once
Jason C. looks like he'll be the metalhead
Jason Y. looks like a jock to me
Luke? Well, the sweater there isn't flattering.
Michael looks like some guy they got off the street
And Robbie looks like Willie Nelson, which is cool, I guess

Should be a good show. :up:

Michael, Danny, and David have the best voices of the select few we've heard. I love Michael. :combust:

OK I do remember Danny now....and maybe we heard Colton....I totally missed Chickeze...how do we pronounce that?

so it is starting...gotta go!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom