American Idol 6 - Part 3 - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:50 PM

Old 04-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #332
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:50 PM

This is for Grey's Anatomy fans only. It came to me recently and stuck in my head:

Sanjayjay

Old 04-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #333
ONE
love, blood, life

so..Bono tomorrow.....
Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 PM
Well taped Bono is better than nothin' I'll take it.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #335
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Sanjaya wants to be an actor and a model too.

NEW YORK — Sanjaya Malakar is so famous, he can't walk anywhere without getting noticed. "It's really weird. I mean, I'm just Sanjaya from Seattle," the 17-year-old "American Idol" cast-off said Monday on "Live With Regis and Kelly."

"It's paparazzi (who) get at you," he said, "and fans come up and try to give you hugs and get autographs. I would love to just be able to hug everyone and give autographs and take pictures, but you can't."

Malakar was voted off the Fox talent competition last week after a long and unlikely run in which he outlasted better singers and captivated millions of TV viewers with his goofy charm and ever-changing hairdos.

He wants to be a triple threat: singer, actor and model.

"Like, I really, what I want to do is experience the whole entertainment business because, I mean, I'm not just a musician, I'm an entertainer," Malakar said.

Fresh off "American Idol," the lanky teen/media It Boy is in demand. Another stop on his post-show publicity tour was David Letterman's "Late Show" on CBS, where Malakar was to read the "Top Ten" list Monday night.

On Saturday, he attended a White House correspondents' dinner in Washington as a guest of People magazine.

"It was really weird because the governor of New York came up to me and said, `I'm a fan, I vote,'" Malakar said.

"That's fantastic," said Kelly Ripa, co-host of the syndicated daytime talk show.

"It was really weird," Malakar said.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #336
War Child

This kid is in for a hrash dose of reality in a month or so.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #337
New Yorker

he was good on David Letterman....Paul and Dave seemed to get a kick out of him
Old 04-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #338
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Bono On Idol Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://tv.ign.com/articles/782/782773p1.html

"Bono Idol
The U2 front man joins Gwen Stefani, Jack Black and more for an American Idol fundraising special.
by IGN Staff

April 23, 2007 - From FOX: As part of his ongoing efforts to fight AIDS and poverty in Africa, U2's Bono will participate in the Idol Gives Back fundraising special airing Wednesday, April 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. The two-night special begins airing Tuesday April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

The Irish singer will meet with the six American Idol finalists to talk about the work of ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History (www.one.org) and how the Idol audience can help. The Idol contestants also will perform "American Prayer," a song written by Bono and Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa.

Bono joins an illustrious group of celebrity participants on the special, including Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Gwen Stefani, Earth, Wind & Fire, Il Divo, Keira Knightley, Hugh Grant, Josh Groban with the African Children's Choir, Jack Black, Helen Mirren, Rascal Flatts, Quincy Jones, Carrie Underwood, Annie Lennox and many more.

Idol Gives Back will raise awareness and funds for Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF) and other organizations that provide relief programs to help children and young people in extreme poverty in America and Africa. Corporate sponsors of IDOL GIVES BACK are led by News Corporation, Ford, Coca-Cola and AT&T. Allstate and ExxonMobil will make matching contributions to Save the Children and Malaria No More, respectively, via CPEF.

On the performance show Tuesday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), the Top 6 finalists will sing "life anthem" songs of compassion and hope, in keeping with the Idol Gives Back theme. After the show, viewers will vote for their favorite singers via toll-free numbers and text messages, as usual, and corporate sponsors will donate money to the charity.

The special two-hour results show Wednesday, April 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) will be a star-studded evening featuring live performances from the American Idol stage as well as the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, where Ellen DeGeneres will serve as host. Viewers will be able to make their own donations via toll-free pledge lines and the Internet. Ford will contribute generously by producing a very special music video that will air on Wednesday night. This video, as well as other music segments from the night, will be available for download after the show. Proceeds from the money generated will be contributed to Idol Gives Back."
Old 04-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #339
Blue Crack Distributor

I have spoilers in regards to the song choices. I won't post, but you can PM me if you'd like

Also:

"The performance show was taped Monday evening due to time constraints with the results show performances."

Spoilers mention that Ryan said that Bono mentored the kids this week, but there were no clips during the show. We’ll probably see that stuff during the special on Wednesday. The show does feature clips from Africa and America interspersed with the kid’s performances.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #340
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Bono On Idol Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most of the discussion regarding Bono being on American Idol is going on in EYKIW:

http://forum.interference.com/t173842.html

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #341
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

Most of the discussion regarding Bono being on American Idol is going on in EYKIW:

http://forum.interference.com/t173842.html
I know, but I decided to post this since this would fall under TV entertainment.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #342
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I was just letting you know, in case you wanted to discuss the Bono aspect further.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Sanjaya doing the Letterman Top Ten

Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #344
Blue Crack Distributor

Another rumor, this one is about the duet

There is a rumor that the “special duet” between “two of the biggest stars in musical history” that Ryan mentioned on Wednesday’s results show will be Celine Dion duetting with Elvis Presley. An Elvis impersonator will play the on-stage part of Elvis. Eep. And the Idols will sing back up. The performance, has apparently already been taped

from mjsbigblog:
ETA: Kirsten just posted this blog from Access Hollywood in comments. It contains a very detailed account of tonight’s show. A couple of interesting tidbits not mentioned anywhere yet:

News Corp which owns the Fox Network will donate 10 cents per call up to 50 million votes tonight for a total of $5 million.
Carrie Underwood will perform “I’ll Stand By You” from Africa on tomorrow night’s special. A group of celebrities will sing “Stayin Alive” including Teri Hatcher, Gwyneth Paltrow and Hugh Grant.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #345
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:50 PM

Lila...that rumour sounds kind of creepy

~ick~