American Idol 6 - Part 3 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
"I never came into this wanting to win it," Sligh said Thursday in a telephone interview, a day after being voted off and finishing tenth in the wildly popular singing competition. "I made the Top Ten. That was my goal."

Two weeks ago, after scathing criticism for his re-arrangement of Diana Ross' classic ballad "Endless Love," the 28-year-old Bob Jones and North Greenville universities alum began to question whether his roots in indie, alternative pop-rock fit with the blueprint of "American Idol."
Good for him! He didn't want to sell out to Idol's expectations and sacrifice his own instincts!

Old 03-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:25 AM
I'm suspicious of anyone who says something like that. I mean, he'd seen Idol before, right? He obviously knew how to play the game. If he thought he could come on and remain a "square peg in a round hole" individual for very long in the show, he must be a little deluded.

And I still like Sligh, but I'm getting a teensy feeling of sour grapes in that "Eh, I didn't want to win anyway" comment.

But I thought it was a really interesting interview, and am glad to see a former contestant come out and be so open about things.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I'm suspicious of anyone who says something like that. I mean, he'd seen Idol before, right? He obviously knew how to play the game. If he thought he could come on and remain a "square peg in a round hole" individual for very long in the show, he must be a little deluded.

And I still like Slight, but I'm getting a teensy feeling of sour grapes in that "Eh, I didn't want to win anyway" comment.
That's true!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Good for him! He didn't want to sell out to Idol's expectations and sacrifice his own instincts!

And yet I think he kind of "sold out" by staying on an extra week or two so that he could make the Top 10 Concert Tour and get paid.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
And yet I think he kind of "sold out" by staying on an extra week or two so that he could make the Top 10 Concert Tour and get paid.
Well, he needed to get something out of all this after enduring the bullshit insults from the judges!

But yeah, you're right. The selling out thing doesn't really apply here too much.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I thought he was enjoyable most of the time, and I do agree with him that it sucks that the judges rarely commented on his voice. We'll see if participating in the tour really allows him to make music for a living.

I think the funniest thing about the article is finding out that there's a college called "Bob Jones University!"

(and from the description of it....the scariest thing, too )
Old 03-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
I thought he was enjoyable most of the time, and I do agree with him that it sucks that the judges rarely commented on his voice.
Me too. I thought he had a really lovely tone to his voice.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Anybody seen this yet?

http://www.idolunderground.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Old 03-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:25 AM
saw this on BestWeekEver.tv

Which Harry Potter Girl Is The Hottest?
England’s The Daily Mail has a scandalous news item about all of the underaged hot asses slated to appear in the upcoming Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. They posted a Brady-Bunch-style compilation of all the PYT’s, and frankly, we just can’t decide which one is the prettiest! Can you?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #25
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I hate, hate, HATE when American Idol losers say that they are glad they didn't win because they aren't trapped in their clutches of Idol then and can have more freedom. I read an article recently where Chris Daughtry said the same thing and that he got annoyed that the American Idol tag was still following him. If it wasn't for that show, you wouldn't have all of the fans and success that you do, so how about showing some gratitude for the show instead of suddenly being way too cool for it.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I hate, hate, HATE when American Idol losers say that they are glad they didn't win because they aren't trapped in their clutches of Idol then and can have more freedom. I read an article recently where Chris Daughtry said the same thing and that he got annoyed that the American Idol tag was still following him. If it wasn't for that show, you wouldn't have all of the fans and success that you do, so how about showing some gratitude for the show instead of suddenly being way too cool for it.

Amen to that!

It truly is annoying that these people that left get all cocky about it and dismiss AI.. As you said..if it wasn't for AI u would be here fella!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I read a Daughtry thing where he was all cranky about the Idol thing, too.

Boo-frickin-hoo. Oh, you're such a serious musician and we must take you seriously!

Whatever, Daughtry. Go sound like Nickleback some more.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
So much word. Both Chris Daughtry and Chris Sligh are major douchebags!!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:25 AM
While most of the country may have fallen in love with "American Idol" wannabe Sanjaya Malakar, there is one group that is finding his growing popularity a tad irritating -- his fellow "A.I." contestants!

An inside source revealed exclusively to TMZ that some of the remaining "Idol" hopefuls are annoyed that the vocally-challenged 17-year-old continues to advance, while other "more talented" singers get sent home. We're told the contestants are not-so-much mad at Sanjaya, but at the situation, which finds websites like votefortheworst.com and satellite radio host Howard Stern urging fans to keep Sanjaya in -- simply as a joke.

We're told the "Idols" don't find it funny, since it's their future being toyed with. Our source adds that the contestants find it troublesome that they all work so hard to pick the right song and rehearse each week, but it appears that all Sanjaya really has to do to move forward is to show up wearing a scrunchie.

TMZ contacted an "Idol" rep, who had no comment
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Phil just did Night and Day... I like U2's version better!

this is tony bennett week and in the beginning they profiled him and of course showed a pic of him and Bono....