American Idol 6 - Part 3 - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 PM
I think Sanjaya does sort of look like Marc Anthony, or at least they share a vaguely similar slightly creepy vibe

I read something about the African girl saying that Simon needed a manzierre, it figures that I missed the best AI episode of the season. Just goes to show that man boobs are universal

Old 04-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 PM
Loved the results show.. lots of Simon footage and banter between Ryan and the judges.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #183
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dismantled
When is creepy Phil going to get booted

and how many more nights are we going to have to watch Sunjaya woooo 12 year olds....and was he TRYING too look like Marc Anthony?!
hey, I'm 12 and I think Sanjaya shouldnt have made it past the top, maybe, 50???

the facial hair has GOTTA go!

I'm glad Haley was booted. She deserved to go...finally. And Simon's moobs were the highlight of the night Caroline is my idol!!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #184
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:56 PM
^

that's my girl
Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #185
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:56 AM
I'm waiting for that week where Lakisha gets voted out and Sanjaya is still there in the Top 4 or 5.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #186
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Oh, it'll happen. I can't wait to see people's heads explode - the people who still actually believe Idol is purely a singing competition.

(Lakisha's actually been a little boring for me, anyway. She's got a really good voice, but I prefer Melinda.)
Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #187
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:56 AM
I think Lakisha has got a good voice for that Aretha Franklin style vocals but she's not really that great in other genres.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Oh, it'll happen. I can't wait to see people's heads explode - the people who still actually believe Idol is purely a singing competition.

(Lakisha's actually been a little boring for me, anyway. She's got a really good voice, but I prefer Melinda.)
Oh yeah my head will be the first to go...hey here's a fun game, how do you guys see the eliminations going between now & the final? I've got this...

7. Phil
6. Chris R
5. LaKisha
4. Sanjaya
3. Melinda
2. Jordin
1. Blake (winner)

Not too sure about Blake winning but I'd bet money on having the top 3 correct. The only thing I could see changing that is if the whole Sanjaya thing really takes off and more people hop on the IfSanjayaWins/Votefortheworst bandwagon...what if he really DID win? Then I think Simon's head would explode. I almost hope he does, just to see everyone's reaction...
Old 04-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #189
Blue Crack Distributor

I think that's a reasonable prediction of how the rest will go. I'm torn between wanting to see Melinda actually win, and wanting her to get booted so she's not so heavily tied into the Idol claptrap.

And yeah, another tiny, evil part of me wants to see Sanjaya win so the producers get so pissed off they tweak the Idol format.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #190
The Fly

Local Time: 10:56 PM
I am determined that Sanjaya will get outted at number 4. They will keep him in because he is popular but I think he will get the boot before the top 3 no matter what the actual results are.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #191
Blue Crack Distributor

I really and truly and honestly think Idol is not rigged, voting-wise. I believe the person who gets voted out is actually getting the lowest number of votes.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I really and truly and honestly think Idol is not rigged, voting-wise.
Could be or not?

1. Is there any way to verify it is not?

2. Would there be an advantage to manipulate it?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #193
Blue Crack Distributor

Doesn't the FCC oversee things like that, where televised sorts of contests are monitored so there's no funny business? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

But even aside from that, I don't think there's any rigging going on. I think there's influencing going on (comments from Simon, who the producers focus on during early shows), but I don't think the voting is rigged one bit.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Doesn't the FCC oversee things like that, where televised sorts of contests are monitored so there's no funny business? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

But even aside from that, I don't think there's any rigging going on. I think there's influencing going on (comments from Simon, who the producers focus on during early shows), but I don't think the voting is rigged one bit.
I'm not sure if it's rigged or not, but do you make anything of the "phone malfunction" stories/accusations that have surfaced in the past? I think I remember talk when J-Hud and Daughtry got booted...honestly I think something went wrong with Chris. I was pissed when it happened because I wanted him to win, but the stunned silence & the looks on the judges faces when it happened were priceless.

Anyway I think the Sanjaya stuff is legit, but I wonder if they'd actually let him win. If they were ever going to try to rig it that's when it would happen.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #195
Blue Crack Distributor

See, the judges being pissed off because someone good gets voted off is what makes me think it's not rigged. I love their righteous indignation when that happens. Usually I'm right there with 'em.

As far as phone malfunctions, I can't answer that. I guess it's possible, but I don't think wrong numbers are put on the screen or whatever else are done on purpose. I remember in the second season, there was a big uproar by Clay fans saying there were problems with the phones or some damn thing.

I do think they've said in the past they watch out for obvious auto-diallers or something, and would toss those votes out (i.e., 17,000 votes coming in on one number or something). I don't know how big a problem that actually is, though.

I think if Sanjaya wins, no one can say the thing is rigged!