American Idol 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
I wonder if Sanjaya has a large contingency of Indian voters ... that could be keeping him around more than something like VoteFortheWorst.com.

:hmm:

Look at Jasmine Trias in the Fantasia season - all of Hawaii was probably voting a zillion times for her every week.

You may be on to something! But I thought only people living in America can vote. If the whole world can vote, it is very much possible that a large Indian population (2nd most populous nation in the world) is voting for him. :lol:

Oh no, I did mean people of Indian heritage living in America. :)

I'm tempted to go ask our department VP and ask if his family is watching the show, and if they're voting for Sanjaya.

And if they are, to please, for the love of all that is holy, STOP. :wink:

I voted for Sanjaya myself a couple of weeks back just to see if this ridiculous show will actually make him Idol! :lol:

But I only voted once. :shifty:

I've read a few rumors online that voting and/or viewers were down this year ... which might account for things like VoteFortheWorst.com more of a factor.

God help us all.

Maybe they should finally limit the amount of calls per phone line. I hope America does that right thing and sends Sanjaya home :grumpy:

I know! I'm dying for them to change the voting system one of these days.

I may spoil myself so I don't have to sit through the results show, that's so damned full of filler. I'd rather watch America's Next Top Model.

:lmao: This is great! Okay, just make him Idol already! Geeez!

Brandon was actually pretty good. I loved his Jackson Rock With You rendition a few weeks ago!

What sucks is that Sanjaya will be publicly humiliated once again by the judges. lol.

kellyahern said:
Poor guy. They cut off his sing out too.

Yeah WTF is up with that? They totally cut off Brandon's farewell song! That's just disrespect for the guy, nothing else. God! They suck! /rant

Can you believe he actually put out a CD after Idol? If John Freaking Stevens can get signed and put out an album, why don't I have a ten-album discography by this point? :mad:

I am greatly encouraged by the fact that Sanjaya had the second least number of votes. Almost there, America! :up:

:banghead: :banghead: <-- that should be Sanjaya's head

Brandon wasn't great, but not nearly as bad as Sanjaya! I'm dissapointed in you America!! :tsk: And they cut off Brandon's song! How rude! I feel like paying to take votes away from people...now thats an idea!

AI Recaps March 14th
The Results

It’s Wednesday night, the night of doom for one contestant, but first we have some other business to work on. Ryan introduces the judges. Oh, Simon, it’s no longer 1975. Button up your shirt. And what would Wednesday night be without a group sing? A majority of the contestants sleepwalk their way through “Baby Love” and “Stop, in the Name of Love.” Can we just have LaKisha and Melinda sing the group sings?

Wednesday night we get our first pimpmercial for Ford. The contestants completely murder the Modest Mouse song “Float On.” I’ll have to listen to the original to cleanse my brain. Once again, can we just have LaKisha and Melinda do the pimpmercials?

Before we can get to the elimination, Diana Ross, who kindly guided our contestants the night before, makes a grand entrance. So nice she’s keeping Bob Mackie in business. Miss Ross sings “More Today than Yesterday” and even gets the top 12 involved. I wish she would have brought LaKisha and Melinda on stage with her for a fabulous diva-off!

But we must discuss the elimination. Not surprisingly, three of the guys are brought down to the American Idol Seal of Fate-Phil, Brandon, and Sanjaya. Phil, who was fairly decent Tuesday night, is deemed safe and goes back to the other safe contestants. Brandon and Sanjaya are left. Who will leave us? Well, because God hates me, Sanjaya is staying and Brandon is getting the Idol boot. Brandon, who I thought was pretty talented, gave a rather anemic performance Tuesday night and he forgot the words. I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised. I will miss his pretty smile. He was probably the closest we got to male eye candy this season.

I’m completely flummoxed why Sanjaya is still in the competition. As someone far more brilliant than I said, “He’s so green, Al Gore is probably voting for him.” I’m only interested in having Sanjaya stick around for his ever-changing hairstyles. What will he have next week, a mullet, a mohawk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom