American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ace's brother looks like a copy of Ace, but not as good. Kind of like the movie Multiplicity where they keep making copies of someone and they continually get dumber and uglier.

Golightly Grrl, you are dead-on right! I'm thinking that Bobby will probably go first. When I heard him sing, the first thing I thought of was that he sounded like a mix of Fred Flinstone and Jackie Gleason. Bucky may be ok, if he cleans himself up and stops growling. Elliott has a really good voice. Needs a little image change. I thought he kind of looked like Abe Lincoln with that beard thing. Gedeon - I liked him. He's in the same boat as Elliott though with his image.He keeps doing those Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat smiles into the camera. Ace was definitely my pick for the night.

Patrick –poor song choice. This guy has a really good voice but singing Come to My Window while a balcony full of guys looks down and watches? Wake Me Up Before You Go Go next time?

David - - another poor selection in what is to become gay song or look pride night…contestant number two of seven. Not that there is anything wrong with that. And now, after Melissa, it was only fair that Freddy get his equal time. I honestly felt horrible for this guy. On the big screen, you could actually see and hear that he was crying big sniffs. Randy and Simon were a bit to brutal for this 17 year old. He’s better than what he showed us and his 15 minutes of fame shouldn’t be his breakdown on national television.

Bucky – His voice was decent and he was likable. One of the good ole boys. Nice to hear some Southern rock which is under appreciated. Bring on the brothers from Macon.

“Sway” – Good voice but he did look like a pimp with that white hat. Rhymes with sway.

Chris – A great voice but that won’t be enough to win this year.

Kevin – He was the worst of the bunch. Without question: horrible, horrible, horrible. I was afraid he was damaging my speakers. And at some point he must stop letting his mom pick out his clothes.

Gedeon – Like his overbearing confidence and he’s incredible kid for his age but he’s a middle rounder.

Elliott - Can he perform again after the plastic surgery? Certainly one of the best voices but I’m afraid that because of his appearance he’ll go home in one of the earlier rounds.

Bobby – Harvey Fierstein front runner. Try the Pointer Sisters next time...when you're back home at the local club. Nice guy though.

Ace – He does know what he’s selling.

Taylor – We’ll all feel great when this guy wins.

Toss out: Bobby and Kevin

Last edited:
Is Kevin the young one? Yea, I think maybe the judges should have passed on him early on and maybe had him wait a few years.

My favs from last night were Chris (he's the bald rocker dude right?) Taylor ( I think he's really really cool) Elliot was great as well. He may need to lose the Amish beard though :wink:

Ace, I'm kind of on the fence about. He reminds me of Constantine from last season.. who I didn't much care for. He'll have to work a bit to win me over... not that it really matters.. I'm Canadian and can't vote :wink:

I'd say Bobby is likely heading home tonight along with either Patrick or the kid.

I thought overall, that the guys were better than the girls. There are so many female singers out there right now that sound exactly the flippin' same. At least with the guys, there was a bit of freshness.

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
Is Kevin the young one? Yea, I think maybe the judges should have passed on him early on and maybe had him wait a few years.

My favs from last night were Chris (he's the bald rocker dude right?) Taylor ( I think he's really really cool) Elliot was great as well. He may need to lose the Amish beard though :wink:

Ace, I'm kind of on the fence about. He reminds me of Constantine from last season.. who I didn't much care for. He'll have to work a bit to win me over... not that it really matters.. I'm Canadian and can't vote :wink:

I'd say Bobby is likely heading home tonight along with either Patrick or the kid.

I thought overall, that the guys were better than the girls. There are so many female singers out there right now that sound exactly the flippin' same. At least with the guys, there was a bit of freshness.

:up:

Elliot is really good. Top 4 guys are probably going to be Elliot, Taylor, Chris and Ace <- unfortunately. :|

I forgot about Will Makar...

he'll be going home next week after singing Go Away Little Girl.

I couldn't stand Bobby :yuck: I can't remember which performer was onstage, but you could see the gang of guys upstairs watching and Bobby was kinda "gettin' down". Horrible :tsk:

Lila64 said:
I couldn't stand Bobby :yuck: I can't remember which performer was onstage, but you could see the gang of guys upstairs watching and Bobby was kinda "gettin' down". Horrible :tsk:

The staging is making for some good big screen television. The gang in the background is still forgetting that they are on tv the whole time. There was a moment last night when one of the boys was performing when Katharine McPhee looked out into the audience and gave someone her "this guy is going to make me puke" face . I'm guessing that she was looking at her professional voice coach mom.

Shame on you, my little big butt McPhee.:ohmy:

well...where is everyone? Watching Olympics now?

Well... my ears & eyes may be irreparably damaged having to watch/listen to 'Copacabana' twice now :tsk: I had changed it to the Olympics for a few seconds and then back to AI and to
ignore.gif

I didn't think Patrick deserved to go, especially not after David's performance last night. Stevie didn't impress me last night - I'm surprised Brenna made it thru tonight. And I though Becky might get thru one more week on her looks. Oh well...

RavenBlue said:
I was quite suprised to see that Kevin didn't go home. Weirdness.

Kevin will stick around for a while, due to a lot of voters would like to take him home, pat him on the head and go, "Awwww."

Call it the John Stevens factor. :wink:

One of my kids tonight told me that at school they're calling Kevin "Chicken Little". That he looks like the animated character in the movie.

Sorry, but :lmao:

Bobby and Stevie getting voted off was a no brainer. I thought Beckie might stay on a bit longer due to her hot chick looks. I was surprised by Patrick leaving. I wasn't too crazy about his song selection, but he showed promise. Maybe his mom's collagen-filled lips scared everyone and no one wants to see them week after week.

Personally, I think "Teen Martin", David needed to get the boot. I guess he clinched the teeny-bopper vote. Damn those kids and their lightening fast text messaging thumbs.

And I many burn in hell, but "Chicken Little" is so apt! Bwah!!!!

Back
Top Bottom