Am I the only one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mediaman44 said:
I do really like Mark Knopfler but I haven't heard much Dire Straits except Walk of Life. Any thoughts?

Dire Straits! :up:
They were my favourite band before I discovered U2. And I still think they're pretty good.
My favourite album of theirs is Making Movies, which is them at their most unpolished (even though it has the classics Tunnel Of Love and Romeo And Juliet on them), so that's a good starting point. Also try to find the Money For Nothing compilation, which has some nice exclusive tracks/single edits. And if you have a used record store near, try to find the old, unremastered, editions. They sound fantastic, you can turn the volume up, up and even more up and they sound better and better. Maybe your neighbours won't like it, but who cares? :D
(you can identify them by having standard CD-trays, the new versions have clear trays and a banner stating Remastered Version).

:)

mediaman44 said:
I heard Holiday in Cambodia by the Dead Kennedy's (I play lots of Guitar Hero III) and I was intrigued. Any other good old school punk to check out?
the entire fresh fruit for rotten vegetables album is class

mediaman44 said:

I do really like Mark Knopfler but I haven't heard much Dire Straits except Walk of Life. Any thoughts?

Get the Dire Straits debut album. (Self-titled)

So much stuff to buy and check out. It'll have to wait till after christmas, since I have no money.

I did check out Bruce Springsteen's earlier stuff and I think I may get Born In the USA.

Back
Top Bottom