All we really need to do is find BRAND NEW LOVERS - CGSW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Jase's latest blog, I commented that we wanted to call our thread "We hate young people :D" or something along those lines, just to get our point across about how much we all dislike young people :lol:

Are there any anti-young people song titles out there? :hmm:

Young people :down:

For some reason, a bunch of junior high school kids walked under my window this morning screaming and laughing at like 8 am... I was rudely woken up. Young people should all be in jail till the age of 17... then straight to the army. :yes:

Justin join me in sitting on the front porch and waving rolling pins at passing young people :madwife:

Justin... picture this:

Us sitting on the front porch on summer afternoons, with our cups of iced tea and fans, with rolling pins by our sides, ready to wave at any young person who passes :madwife:

Very 1940 Alabama...

No.... just some mega sized rolling pins lying by our sides..... And while we're at it we can yell some stuff at them too :angry::angry:

I have to say, I've been having my mind blown way too much in classes for the past few weeks. :lol: In the best possible way of course. :wink:

:lol: What has blown your mind the most? :wink:

Well, cultural studies in general. :lol: It's a fascinating non-discipline. We've been talking about constructions of identity, subjectivity, objectivity (hint: it doesn't exist :wink: ), being a subject of society (not in a bad sense, but everyone is, based on class, gender, sexuality, etc.) Today though in Music as Discourse, we were talking about the issue of describing music, which is indescribable by definition, and how our constructions and interpretations come into that, but that it's okay because all we have are these constructions because there is nothing else. And these constructions all depend on the interpreter's subject position and history/context.

:crazy: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom