All Things Radiohead!! General Discussion thread is here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best song from that era is a b-side

Gagging Order! :drool:

Seriously, how could that not make the album?

Lemon man, I hear you.

Gagging Order is my #1 Radiohead song. Easily. Can you just imagine if this song's potential had been realized as a Bends-era-style anthem, ala Fake Plastic Trees. Released in a full-band form as a single, this song would easily declare itself Radiohead's finest work. Hell, it already has for a ton of fans as a restrained acoustic b-side for fucks sake. Gagging Order is a juggernaut in its current state. I can't imagine what it could have been. :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The best song from that era is a b-side

Gagging Order! :drool:

Seriously, how could that not make the album?

because it doesn't fit?

I agree that its a good song, but it just doesn't fit anywhere on HTTT:shrug:

Lancemc said:
Lemon man, I hear you.

Gagging Order is my #1 Radiohead song. Easily. Can you just imagine if this song's potential had been realized as a Bends-era-style anthem, ala Fake Plastic Trees. Released in a full-band form as a single, this song would easily declare itself Radiohead's finest work. Hell, it already has for a ton of fans as a restrained acoustic b-side for fucks sake. Gagging Order is a juggernaut in its current state. I can't imagine what it could have been. :drool:

the song works because it is just thom and a guitar...I'm afraid a full band version would ruin that:shrug:

xaviMF22 said:

because it doesn't fit?

I agree that its a good song, but it just doesn't fit anywhere on HTTT:shrug:

Don't burst my bubble :grumpy:

Hail to the Thief is by far their weakest album since Pablo Shitty.

It has 2 great songs: There There, 2+2=5

a few good ones: Go to Sleep, Sail to the Moon, Backdrifts

and the rest are forgettable.

Add some spacey sounds to Gagging Order and it would fit.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Don't burst my bubble :grumpy:

Hail to the Thief is by far their weakest album since Pablo Shitty.

It has 2 great songs: There There, 2+2=5

a few good ones: Go to Sleep, Sail to the Moon, Backdrifts

and the rest are forgettable.

Add some spacey sounds to Gagging Order and it would fit.

adding some "spacey sounds" would ruin gagging order:wink:

xaviMF22 said:

the song works because it is just thom and a guitar...I'm afraid a full band version would ruin that:shrug:

I hear what you're saying. But imagine if all we ever heard of Fake Plastic Trees was just Thom and a guitar. The song would still be mind-blowingly good, would it not? But then think about how much more amazing the final full-band version is.

I'm not saying Gagging Order would definitely be better full-band, but I'm saying it totally has the potential to be. But this is a moot point anyway seeing as how we'll never know one way or the other. :wink:

Also, I'm sure not gonna give a shit about Gagging Order anymore as soon as we hear the album version of Videotape :)drool:) - aka - The best song Thom's ever written.

Lancemc said:

I hear what you're saying. But imagine if all we ever heard of Fake Plastic Trees was just Thom and a guitar. The song would still be mind-blowingly good, would it not? But then think about how much more amazing the final full-band version is.

I'm not saying Gagging Order would definitely be better full-band, but I'm saying it totally has the potential to be. But this is a moot point anyway seeing as how we'll never know one way or the other. :wink:

Also, I'm sure not gonna give a shit about Gagging Order anymore as soon as we hear the album version of Videotape :)drool:) - aka - The best song Thom's ever written.

well apparently they tried to create a full band version of gagging order,
but apparently they gave up because they felt the song worked better stripped down. :shrug:

Lancemc said:

hopefully they mess around with videotape:wink:

I want the song to sound like something off of kid A:drool:

Interesting, I'd love to hear what they came up with for Gagging Order...hopefully they'll release it on some end-of-the-career rarities box set or something. :hmm:

And Videotape could probably end up in a variety of different styles and still be equally amazing. Personally, I'm pulling for a more Kharma Police-esque production, though something like Pyramid Song or Morning Bell would also be insanely good.

backdrifts live is a monster. all thanks to jonny, which is no surprise. reverse guitar sounds are a delight.

also a highlight is the piano... too bad that can't feature more prominently.

There is an acoustic B-side version of Fake Plastic Trees.

It's good, but not as good as the album version.

I want the new album to go back to writing songs, and the new tracks kind of show that to me.

I'd take a "High and Dry"-type song over "Treefingers" anyday.

Or some combination of the two.

LemonMacPhisto said:
There is an acoustic B-side version of Fake Plastic Trees.

It's good, but not as good as the album version.

I want the new album to go back to writing songs, and the new tracks kind of show that to me.

I'd take a "High and Dry"-type song over "Treefingers" anyday.

Or some combination of the two.

yea that would be great...but its all up to Thom..the man loves electronic music

and it would be great if they would play "high and dry" again, but they probably never will because Thom hates it so much

:(

it's not thom who hates high and dry, it's someone else. he wanted to play it again recently, but someone else in the band refused. i think jonny...

Zoomerang96 said:
it's not thom who hates high and dry, it's someone else. he wanted to play it again recently, but someone else in the band refused. i think jonny...

nope, in an interview he stated that he disliked the song, and didn't even wanted to have released as a single..but "he got his arm pulled"

if anything I think the rest of the band likes the songs

they have to play "Optimistic" next tour, they can't neglect and awesome song like that:(

U2Man said:

:lol: Yeah, I forgot to write about it, didn't I? I think it's partly because I didn't feel able to write a super-in-depth critique and didn't feel worthy enough to just write a one-liner. :wink:

Anyway, let me say that I loved it. I was won over right from the start with Airbag. There were a few songs that I wasn't in love with right away (can't remember which at the moment), but I'm sure they'll grow on me in time. This'll be one of the first albums that get a spin when the new headphones come. :drool:

So, question----do I continue to listen solely to OK Computer and let it sink in, or do I dive ahead into other albums?

OK Computer
The Bends
Hail to the Thief
Kid A
Amnesiac

in that order.

Hail to the Thief is a good bridge between the style of OK Computer to Kid A.

The Bends is better than OK Computer. Much better. There. I said it. Whatchoo gonna do about it?! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom