All Things Radiohead!! General Discussion thread is here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:

:reject:

How? The songs play just fine when I click on them, but when I try to add them to my iTunes library, they won't play. :sad:

:hmm:

this is what I did. I clicked on a song there, saved it to my HD. Then went into itunes and from the drop down menu selected "add file to library", then the windows explorer directory box opens up and i selected the song, clicked open then it added the song to my library. I highlighted the song or selected it and it played just fine. So, I am not sure what you did.

Martha,
if you are still having problems with this then let me know. I can burn you a CD of this show if you want. Just email me : Liams_mom@yahoo.com with your addy and I will send it to you.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
So, I am not sure what you did.

I'm using a mac andthe file opens from the website as a quicktime file.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Martha,
if you are still having problems with this then let me know. I can burn you a CD of this show if you want. Just email me : Liams_mom@yahoo.com with your addy and I will send it to you.

I think I'll take you up on this. But I want the Thursday night show. I was at that one and they did Lucky.

martha said:

I'm using a mac andthe file opens from the website as a quicktime file.

I think I'll take you up on this. But I want the Thursday night show. I was at that one and they did Lucky.

hey martha..
I don't have this show(6/29) but am downloading the torrent now from dimedozen and then I will mail it to ya. I got your email so I will let you know when I get ready to send it out to you.

Do want both shows? the 29th and the 30th(I already have this show- setlist is pretty good)?

The setlist for the 30th:
Setlist: 01 Intro
02 Airbag
03 national anthem
04 There There
05 15 Step
06 Exit Music
07 Body Snatchers
08 My Iron Lung
09 Nude
10 Videotape
11 I Might Be Wrong
12 Climbing Up The Walls
13 All I Need
14 Pyramid Song
15 Spooks
16 idioteque
17 Myxomatosis
18 Bangers N Mash
19 Bones

20 Like Spinning Plates
21 Fake Plastic Trees
22 Down Is The New Up
23 Paranoid Android

24 House of Cards
25 True Love Waits / Everything In It's Right Place <<<LOVETH TRUE LOVE WAITS!!!!!!!!!!!!BEAUTIFUL SONG!:drool:

martha said:
If you wouldn't mind sending both shows, I'll take them. But I was at the 29th, and I loved tghat setlist. :drool:

okie dokie! I just sent you an email bout it.

Only show I got to see was the June 2nd show in Philly and if you can believe it..THE FRIGGIN TAPERS ARE HOARDING THIS SHOW AND WON'T GIVE IT UP FOR SHARING....:mad: :mad: :madspit: The only show on the tour besides the torrent for the first nite in philly (which you can get mp3s only) not being shared.

The only show I got to see this tour and no boot! They can be bastards! It was an amazing show and the sound was incredible!

All I want is a live boot to remember it by but sadly its not gonna happen..:sad:

xaviMF22 said:
manI hate that guy:madspit: :madspit:

the whole purpose of recording is to share with others:mad:

you and me both...bigtime! :madwife: :banghead:

I am so dumbfounded about this:huh: ... I just can't get over why they won't share this. The setlist wasn't anything mindblowing or anything. A great show of course, sound was great there at the tower theatre for such a small venue.
I know at ateaseweb.com there was a lot of heated discussion/threads about this and some of the posters there had the show and made a point of mentioning that they had it but wouldn't share it. Not really giving a legitimate reason for it either. Quite perplexing. Then someone posted the link for it which turned into a password encrypted zip file (I have it but it's useless unless the passwords get figured out) that people are still trying to crack there (been going on for weeks now too) .. Not really knowing if it is actually the show or not.

People (those traders) have certainly lost sight of what sharing music is all about that's for sure.. Very sad.. They have this "im god" thing going because of this..

Random thoughts, but:

My friend thinks I'm crazy, but I remember when I first heard "2+2=5", for some reason when it kicks into high gear and goes all rockin', for some reason it reminded me of Pearl Jam's weirder, bezerk-type songs (like "Blood", "Spin the Black Circle", "[Red Dot]", "Pry, To" or "Bugs").

Then, yesterday, I was listening to my Amsterdam bootleg and I noticed that "Bangers 'N Mash" is kind of similar to "Do The Evolution" . . . the part in "Do The Evolution", the first break, right after the first or second verse.

I don't know. Maybe my friend's right and I am crazy, but for those two songs I hear a Pearl Jam connection . . . just similarities, not out and out copying.

Now, I definitely know that when I hear "Paranoid Android", I can DEFINITELY hear the Pixies "Vamos" influence. In fact, "2+2=5" also has that "Vamos" sound to it.

Pearl Jam, Pixies, Radiohead. Who cares! I love them all and if they share some similarities . . . well, great!

My friend and I draw the Hypnobears on paper and our binders in Spanish class :drool:

and I add stuff like:

"Test Specimen #16: show's signs of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, with slight dementia"

twisted fun :happy:

That's great, LMP. :) I've got to see if I can find any of my old notebooks from high school. I remember being incredibly bored in History class one day and drawing the bears all over the page I was supposed to be writing notes on.

haha

i've been drawing bears everywhere for at least five years. you'd think i'd have grown out of that by now.

progressed.

well, no, clearly i haven't.

it's still bears. i even draw them in microsoft paint and email them to people.

There's something satisfying about drawing a bear.

bearsinpleba.jpg

FitzChivalry said:

Ok, I'm almost afraid to ask . . . how old are you and your friends? I haven't had Spanish class for almost 14 years now, so I'm feeling REALLY old right about now!

lol 15.

Sorry to bring down any age-related self esteem. :wink:

I still can't believe you're that young..

:up: either way you have much better taste in music than I did at your age.........

I liked rap:reject:

xaviMF22 said:
I still can't believe you're that young..

:up: either way you have much better taste in music than I did at your age.........

I liked rap:reject:

What kind of rap?

2 Live Crew?

I know you did!

ME SO HORNY ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME!

LemonMacPhisto said:

lol 15.

Sorry to bring down any age-related self esteem. :wink:

:lol: Actually, the funny thing is, "Creep" came out when I was about your age, maybe I was 16.

I remember I was a junior in high school, I think, and no one had even heard of Radiohead, and I bought "Pablo Honey" and turned all my friends on to Radiohead. I remember thinking they reminded me a bit of The Smiths, though, now when I listen to "Pablo Honey" I don't hear The Smiths at all.

FitzChivalry said:

:lol: Actually, the funny thing is, "Creep" came out when I was about your age, maybe I was 16.

I remember I was a junior in high school, I think, and no one had even heard of Radiohead, and I bought "Pablo Honey" and turned all my friends on to Radiohead. I remember thinking they reminded me a bit of The Smiths, though, now when I listen to "Pablo Honey" I don't hear The Smiths at all.

Hmm, I've never been a big Pablo Honey fan, but I love Creep.

A lot of kids my age haven't even heard Kid A, Amnesiac, or Hail to the Thief

and the Radiohead fans are extremely dismissive of U2, and how they aren't "progressive enough". I love when people think U2 was in hibernation between 1988 and 2000.

resurrected this thread from the dead...

There are some new photos of the boys back in the studio after a week off...These pics are from Dead Air Space btw..

Here they are:
RHinthestudio.jpg

RHinthestudio1.jpg

RHinthestudio2.jpg

RHinthestudio3.jpg

RHinthestudio4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom