All Grammy Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you! :up:

They did just now mention Bono! The mayor of NYC said 'two nights ago we honored Bono with MusiCares' or something like that.

Long time no see U2Byrd! :wave: I missed you and I've wondered what happened to you! Please frequent this place more often!

I have nothing against Norah Jones, but I only know that one song of hers, and it just doesn't do much for me personally. :reject:

The Clash tribute did rock hard!!

Norah Jones may not actually suck, and she may be technically 'talented' but she is one boring little girl. She is very overrated. She really wasn't anything awesome enough to take EVERYTHING. That was ridiculous. Other people deserved at least some of those awards. She bores me to sleep and thinking of her will put me to sleep tonight :yawn: zzzzzzzz

Another Year, Another Disappointment...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I am really dissapointed that Bruce didn't win. :|

Can't wait to see which one hit songbird sweeps next year's awards.

You said it!!!! But that's the Grammies, and when you've been around as long as I have, you know that just about every year, one person or act (generally solo performer, though) cleans up. And, as a general rule, that winds up being the high point of their career. Whereas other performers who are even more talented than the person who bagged all those Grammies has a longer, better career.

*coughBruceSpringsteencough*
*cough Eminemcough*

I am disappointed, and annoyed, that either Bruce or Eminem didn't get Record of the Year.

And where was Bono?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

A few bright points: The Clash tribute was amazing. I wish they'd received this credit when their albums were being released rather than almost 25 years later, but that's the way of the world. Gwen was her usual adorable self and I'm glad No Doubt won an award, same for the Foo Fighters. I liked Bruce's performance. I also liked Eminem.

And I hate to admit this...Lord, I hate to admit this...but I thought N'Sync did a good job on the Bee Gees tribute.
I know, I know :reject:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
interesting night. norah swept it all. at least she has talent and it wasn't britney or avril.

I'm not familiar with her music but she seems really interesting. I heard that her version of "Stuck in a Moment" at the Musicares thing was great. I wouldn't mind hearing it. She's Ravi Shankar's kid. In case you don't know he's the sitar player from India who worked with George Harrison.

Last edited:
Simon and Garfunkel opening the show gave me goosebumps. I love those guys!

When Lou Reed came on stage, for a second I thought people were booing and I was like, WTF? Then I realized they were all just saying LOOOOUUUU! :reject:

I was skeptical when I heard Coldplay was going to be playing with a string orchestra, but it actually turned out great. What was with Chris going all spastic on the piano bench though? And what did he have written on his hand? Did anyone manage to make it out? :scratch:

I was really happy when Norah Jones was named the winner the first time, and the second time...but then I started to get kind of annoyed - especially when she beat my man Bruce for album of the year. I love Norah's voice, but c'mon! She'll never be the legend the Boss is. Oh, well, at least he won best male rock performance (at least I think that's what I saw flashed on screen when they went to commercial), so he wasn't totally shut out.

I didn't think any performance was going to top Simon and Garfunkel or Bruce and the E-Streeters....until I saw the Clash tribute. :bow:

Bono's shades said:

I was skeptical when I heard Coldplay was going to be playing with a string orchestra, but it actually turned out great. What was with Chris going all spastic on the piano bench though? And what did he have written on his hand? Did anyone manage to make it out? :scratch: I
I didn't think any performance was going to top Simon and Garfunkel or Bruce and the E-Streeters....until I saw the Clash tribute. :bow:

That's Chris. He's a, uh, shall we say very animated performer. I didn't notice the thing written on his hand. And oh, yes, the Clash tribute was great.

Bono's shades said:

I was skeptical when I heard Coldplay was going to be playing with a string orchestra, but it actually turned out great. What was with Chris going all spastic on the piano bench though? And what did he have written on his hand? Did anyone manage to make it out? :scratch:

Yeah, one of the things that makes Coldplay entertaining live is that Chris Martin is absolutely :coocoo:. And it's all COMPLETELY sober as well. :ohmy:

I was trying to read what was on his hand, but I couldn't tell. Usually it's Make Trade Fair or something like that, but it could've been an anti-war thing this time too. :shrug:

yes chris had "make trade fair" written on his hand. he makes it a point to have that on his hand so his cause is given camera time. chris is always a spaz on piano. that is how he is. he gets so into his music. :love:

and yeah, verte76 i remember norah being the daughter of that sitar player due to her being mentioned last spring on vh1's artists to watch list. i love her style of music. i will buy her cd eventually.

yes yes, I know you all care :p

So I had a floor-activity thing tonight. Woo. friggin. hoo.
:|
So I taped said Grammies.

The tape. It rewound.
IN THE MIDDLE OF LONDON CALLING.
:rant:
Me: :yikes:

we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
yes chris had "make trade fair" written on his hand. he makes it a point to have that on his hand so his cause is given camera time.

Thanks! I noticed he had it written on the piano, but I wasn't sure about the hand.

Back
Top Bottom