Albums and artists everyone loves, but you hate....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Or maybe not hate, but you could never get into them for one reason or another....

For me....

Fiery Furnaces- ok, i have to admit, i jumped into the FF hype machine early and may even have said I liked them a bit, but that wore thin very quick. Now I cant stand em....

Bruce Springsteen- flame away Springsteen lovers. For one reason or another, I never have "dug" the boss. Ive got nothing creative for a reason. I just never was able to stomach him for long.

Oasis- yes, Oasis. I love Brit-pop, and I dont love Oasis. Maybe I dont hate them, but I refuse to buy anything they put out.

Matchbox 20- im sorry, adult contemporary mainstays arent up my alley.

Metallica- I know I know, they rawk. Not in my book......

:wink:

Please don't flame me but I've never particularly cared for Radiohead. :reject: I find them ok at best.
I agree on the Metallica. I just can't stand Lars... :mad:

Yes, definitely Springsteen. 'The Streets of Filadelfia' I can stand, bot somehow I can't stomach the rest. Maybe he's just too American for my European taste :wink: ?
Pet hate: Celine Dion :no: . What a bore! When I heard what did to Cyndi Lauper's 'I drove All Night', I nearly screamed :scream: !
All those Britney - J Lo - etc. crap bimbos :yuck:

wouldn't say hate, but falling under this category:

Muse
Bjork

and the ambivalent one:

Jeff Buckley (barring 'Hallelujah' and a couple of other tunes)

mostly to do with the singing, for all three. but, as the good u2popmofo is wont to remind us, music is all subjective.

besides, all of you are cool. :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:

mostly to do with the singing, for all three. but, as the good u2popmofo is wont to remind us, music is all subjective.

besides, all of you are cool. :up:

Of course, just simply saying that there are always a handful of bands that everyone loves that you just cant get into.
Or havent gotten into them, not because you "hate" them even, there just isnt enough time in the day.

And I knew you would say Muse.... :angry:

:wink:

Radiohead, Coldplay, Jeff Buckley, Sigur Ros, The Beatles, The Clash + throw in some whiny british bands

hate is such a strong emotion though :D

The Beatles
DMB
Trance music :crazy:
Usher
Pop punk (Blink 182, etc)
Emo
R. Kelly
Big band music including Sinatra :uhoh:
Country music
Contemporary R&B music - Ashanti, Beyonce, etc...

Nora Jones: I really don't get what's so great about her. (However, I love Katie Melua. I don't see the resemblence, but most people thinks it's weird I like her and not Nora).

Coldplay: I think there okay, but for the most part, I think all their songs sound the same.

Metallica
Nickleback
David Gray
Train
John Mayer

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Clash (although I do own London Calling and plan to have a tutoring session with mofo)
Norah Jones
Lauryn Hill
Wilco
Bruce Springsteen

I'm sure there are many more...

Edit: Oh yeah. The Flaming Lips. They're even from Oklahoma. :|

Last edited:
bruce springsteen, definitely

the rolling stones

coldplay

morcheeba

frank zappa--no disrespect to zappa, the man was a genius, but his music sounds like one big huge nightmare to me (the person who tried to force this on me also told me that he wished that i liked u2 less, you can guess what happened there, heh)

talking heads/david byrne

prodigy

post-1989 rem (i can hear the gasps. sorry, but it's true)

rush

dave matthews band (apologies to all my good friends who adore dave, but he's just not my cup of tea)

definitely matchbox 20 and metallica as well (lars sucks)

i could go on, but i'll stop here for now.

everyone who said The Beatles just went down a notch in respectability...sorry

I am beginning to come onto Yertles side with regards to Muse.

Nirvana
Big Band
Essentially all of jazz (cannot STAND it)
Anything Broadway
White Stripes
Doves
The Hives

rolling stones
led zeppelin
pink floyd
rush
the strokes
the hives

most female singers. gross over-generalization, i know. but there's something about higher vocal registers--even when done right--that grate on my nerves more often than not. i don't mean i hate every woman to ever pick up a microphone, i'm just saying there seems to be a pattern.

oh, and my sister insists that everyone loves the shit they play on BET. i hate every single second. well, with the exception of outkast. i don't despise them.

Salome said:
Radiohead, Coldplay, Jeff Buckley, Sigur Ros, The Beatles, The Clash + throw in some whiny british bands

hate is such a strong emotion though :D

:up:

Add The Beatles. Though I did see Paul McCartney when he toured a few years ago and thought it was a great show.

Katie Melua is picking up steam here and I cannot understand why. As well as Norah Jones. I hate lounge. Pete Murray, Ryan Adams, Travis (though their Britney cover was ALL class :up: ), White Stripes, Jet, the Hives, the Strokes, MSP...:uhoh: (though I do like If You Tolerate This)

I do like more than I dislike, truly.
:slant:

...the good thing about waiting until a thread is well underway is being able to do what I'm going to now do....

I agree with pretty much all noted prior to this except The Beatles (don't actually own any of their music, but I like 'em), Bruce Springsteen (I mostly like the early stuff -- pre-Nebraska), Frank Sinatra (I like Frank), like some Pink Floyd, like The Clash (just don't love them).

others:

Lucinda Williams
Junior Senior
Jimmy Buffet (ick)

Loads more...I just can't think of them right now.

I would also add The Strokes, The White Stripes, Manic Street Preachers, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd

but I just don't care for them
they don't annoy me like the others I mentioned

it's a wonder I still own over 250 cd's really :D

Oasis - I had the DJ at my wedding promise he would not play Oasis or I wasnt going to pay him.

Bruce Springsteen

Rolling Stones

Midnight Oil

Bob Dylan (sorry Marty)

Coldplay. There is an advert in Australia (for Channel 10) that is played frequently which unfortunately 'features' a coldplay song. Even bigger unfortunately my daughter now knows the words and sings along :mad:

the hives
refused
the international noise conspiracy
black sabbath
pantera

Back
Top Bottom