AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Cam McCarthy from GWS is requesting a trade back to WA. This is becoming a joke.

Why are you surprised? It was always going to happen. I'm more surprised at those who've strongly recommitted.

Hawks
Freo
Dogs (I hope)
Richmond (I hope)

Frawley is useless. Absolute liability tonight.

Birchall was one of the finest players in the league two years ago. Has been quite ordinary all season, and downright mediocre tonight.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I'm convinced my footy app must be lying to me. On what planet was this the likely outcome?!

It was an enjoyable result nonetheless. They might actually win the whole thing.

This means there won't be a prelim in Melbourne this year. Imagine if the grand final is Eagles vs Freo... Perth might riot about that being at the G! I hate to think about how they'd get the fans to Melbourne. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves yet.

Here's hoping the rest of the weekend delivers on the anticipation....

Tickets may be marginally easier to get hold of if its an all WA GF in Melbourne - I may consider going.

Disappointing result for Richmond last night. While I still think North Melbourne will defeat us tomorrow, I would have much preferred facing Hawthorn in a hypothetical prelim than West Coast.

No, I haven't been fantasising about such a scenario all week!

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Can't tell if the 7 pregame coverage is for an actual final or just an opportunity to talk about the Bulldogs with 3 Bulldogs affiliated people on the panel for half an hour.

Pleased Freo did the job this arvo. Never really in doubt. Felt like they applied the effort needed to win and not a bit more.

The opening quarter of this Dogs/Crows game has been insane. Great feast of goals.

Adelaide is the dominant side right now, as I assumed. This is a whole new stage for the Doggies and they're a step behind.

To be honest, they're dominating general play, we're just taking the chances we get.

We're still letting them get away in too much space. Beaten in the inside 50s. Not winning clearances despite supposedly being #1 in that stat. I think the defence has held up well enough though.

Despite a tantalizingly close score, this is some bad footy. It's just five straight minutes of the Doggies running up and down the field only to miss every time, followed by Adelaide scoring instantly before disappearing for another 5 minutes.

They're not even looking before they kick anymore, despite having all the room in the world to set up a pass.

OK that was a sick mark though.

Yeah Dogs are bafflingly inaccurate after that scorching start. God I hope they can do it though. Sorry Vlad.

If a totally different team takes over kicking duties for the Dogs in the 4th, this could still be a rout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom