Adelaide, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

Well, I truly hope you find what you are looking for out of all this.

Screwtape, what are you looking for, and do you actually expect to find it? What do you think will happen?

phanan said:

But if you don't, I also truly hope that you learn from this, and that it helps give you some guidance in the years to come.

I completely 100% agree. I am less than 100% on the reality of this happening, though. :|

Screwtape2 said:

You guys really do make me feel like a freak sometimes. You all made me feel like crap tonight. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Not even here in the superthread. I'm sorry I am the way I am. I'm sorry I come off the way I do. Maybe I am a terrible person. Maybe I am a selfish person. I'm just sorry about everything. :(

Are you Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower?

Screwtape2 said:

You guys really do make me feel like a freak sometimes. You all made me feel like crap tonight. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere. Not even here in the superthread. I'm sorry I am the way I am. I'm sorry I come off the way I do. Maybe I am a terrible person. Maybe I am a selfish person. I'm just sorry about everything. :(

I'm sorry you feel like a freak, Screwtape, and I'm sorry you feel like crap and isolated. But again, genuinely trying to be helpful here: You come off, more than anything, stubborn and closed minded, to advice from others, learning from experience, seeing the error of your ways, looking at the world without prejudging it and the people in it. I think that might be the root of the problem, and it definitely goes hand in hand with selfishness.

Varitek said:

I completely 100% agree. I am less than 100% on the reality of this happening, though. :|

Yes.

I honestly have (had?) hope for Screwtape, but it's nights like tonight that make me believe he's in a lot of trouble. There's nothing worse than being untouchable. He claims to value our opinions, but hasn't chosen to relate them to his situation, and has merely brushed them aside (or so it appears in this thread). Very hypocritical of him to say otherwise. I honestly want the best for you, Screwtape. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent my night talking this through with you and everyone else here.

Screwtape2 said:

I agree some people go overboard with you, but you can't take it personally - you don't even know us.

As I said, you are not a freak, and you aren't a terrible person. Yes, you can come across selfish at times with this subject, but really, we all act selfishly at one time or another when it comes to this stuff. Because it is something we want to believe, that we need to believe. And when it doesn't turn out the way you hope it does, you learn from it and move on. Plain and simple.

Good luck man.

Screwtape2 said:

I just want her to smile from what she reads. I want to know she is loved. That's all I want.

Cared for and loved are different thing. How well do you know her? How can you say you love her?

Screwtape2 said:
:sigh: there's no need to apologize to us. i certainly didn't try to make you feel like a freak or anything. you probably won't believe me, but i don't think you're a freak. a little misguided, but everyone is at some point in their lives. there's nothing wrong with that.

and i've felt like you, where i feel like i don't belong anywhere. but i consider you a friend and i know others do as well so at the very least that should tell you that you belong here.

Screwtape2 said:

I just want her to smile from what she reads. I want to know she is loved. That's all I want.

I highly doubt she will smile, unless it is to laugh at (not with) you. It depends on whether the note comes off as creepy/possessive or just plain pathetic. I know these are harsh words, but (I really need a smiley for throwing my hands up in the air in defeat but I'll just use this one) :shrug:

Well, unlike most of you, I have to be up early for work, so I'm gone for the night.

And Axver, if and when you read this, give me an update on what you want to do with the Critic's Choice awards. Several people are now interested, so it looks like it could be worthwhile.

Later. :wave:

the tourist said:

Cared for and loved are different thing. How well do you know her? How can you say you love her?

Or even care for her? It seems to me it is a crush that has become an infatuation. Crushes and infatuations are too shallow and distant to be genuine emotions like caring and love. A crush can develop into these things; infatuations cannot.

Varitek said:

I highly doubt she will smile, unless it is to laugh at (not with) you.

Not everyone is as callous, paranoid, and not-understanding as you.

LemonMelon said:
Is it a coincidence that you're listening to that particular Foreigner song right now? :lmao:
:lol: it lists the song i last listened to, not what i'm currently listening to unfortunately. give it a couple minutes, you'll see what i'm listening to now :tongue:

Screwtape2 said:

I'm not going to tell her I love her because I honestly don't know plus that might make her a little sad. I'm going to tell her I care for her and would like to be friends.

That, to me, is perfectly acceptable then.

Screwtape2 said:
You all win. I won't tell her. I'll keep my mouth shut. :(

As long as you don't come off as expecting anything in return from her, I see no problem anymore.

phanan said:
Well, unlike most of you, I have to be up early for work, so I'm gone for the night.

And Axver, if and when you read this, give me an update on what you want to do with the Critic's Choice awards. Several people are now interested, so it looks like it could be worthwhile.

Later. :wave:
:wave: night phanan

No spoken words said:

You're as stubborn as he is now. Leave him be. He's committed to making a creepy stalker of himself, so, fuck it, let him. He's not capable of evolving, nor learning, he's told you this. So, fuck it.
I haven't reached the end of it, but so far this post is awesome.

We miss you NSW

Screwtape2 said:

I'm not going to tell her I love her because I honestly don't know plus that might make her a little sad. I'm going to tell her I care for her and would like to be friends.

This seems OK. But don't tell that to her through a note. You have to straight to her face.

LemonMelon said:

This seems OK. But don't tell that to her through a note. You have to straight to her face.

I agree. I'd replace "have to" with "should".

Screwtape2 said:

If you'd said this from the beginning, I wouldn't have been such a dick about it.

the tourist said:

I agree. I'd replace "have to" with "should".

Yeah, you're probably right.

I also should have cleaned up that sentence a bit. My grammar is terrible tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom