Adelaide, Australia Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #256
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
OK, just grabbed some breakfast from the food area in the library, and while I was there a guy got decaf coffee, and that got me thinking.

Decaf coffee should be the litmus test for insanity. Hear me out. If you drink coffee, it should be because you need the caffeine. If you are drinking decaf, you're drinking it because, you like the taste of coffee. No sane person should like the taste of coffee. Hence, insanity.

I need sleep
I agree with this. Coffee is repulsive. I won't even drink it to keep me awake. Soft drink can do that job, and it tastes far better.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #257
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
So I suppose you were just about as sleep deprived as me?
Probably!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #258
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
OK, just grabbed some breakfast from the food area in the library, and while I was there a guy got decaf coffee, and that got me thinking.

Decaf coffee should be the litmus test for insanity. Hear me out. If you drink coffee, it should be because you need the caffeine. If you are drinking decaf, you're drinking it because, you like the taste of coffee. No sane person should like the taste of coffee. Hence, insanity.
Absolutely.
Either that, or decaf drinkers are so addicted that their brains just give them caffiene-like boosts at the mere taste of coffee...

The only coffee I've ever tasted that I could almost tolerate was this super-magical mega-smooth supposedly non-bitter fabulous Hawaiian stuff that is so special that they don't export it, or something. It was okay. But I'd rather have a good hot chocolate any day!

Sleep deprivation brings clarity
Old 05-08-2008, 08:38 AM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:46 PM
Quote:

I would think the same way here with people drinking non alcoholic beer (even though I like the taste of beer, I think it becomes useless without alcohol). However, my brother drinks non-alcoholic beer these days, simply because he wanted to drink less booze, but still wanted the refreshment of beer. I guess it's just like a malt drink.

Coffee, though. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #260
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Absolutely.
Either that, or decaf drinkers are so addicted that their brains just give them caffiene-like boosts at the mere taste of coffee...

The only coffee I've ever tasted that I could almost tolerate was this super-magical mega-smooth supposedly non-bitter fabulous Hawaiian stuff that is so special that they don't export it, or something. It was okay. But I'd rather have a good hot chocolate any day!

That is the best thing I have read in a while. at 7:45 AM you have already made my day.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #261
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think I've only really known you as Ali, not Alison. But if living in Australia has caused me to do one thing, it's abbreviate names!
Lazy...

A friend of mine was even lazier, I think she insisted on calling everyone by one syllable. So I became Al.
And I naturally called her Betty, from then on.

Quote:

WTF?!

Going to the Gold Coast, I can understand; I've done it myself. But to Mount fucking Isa?! They're insane! You don't want to be driving exhausted in the Outback either ... in fact, you generally just don't want to be driving in the Outback at dawn or dusk!
Exunctly. It's plain stupidity, they'll be damn lucky if they don't get themselves into some sort of trouble.

When we went to Broken Hill on a field trip, we did the last leg at night, and they put the whole busload(s) of us on 'roo-spotting duty.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #262
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Or possibly murder. If that fucking smoke detector had still been beeping when I got home, I'm not sure my neighbour would still be alive right now ...!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #263
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I would think the same way here with people drinking non alcoholic beer (even though I like the taste of beer, I think it becomes useless without alcohol). However, my brother drinks non-alcoholic beer these days, simply because he wanted to drink less booze, but still wanted the refreshment of beer. I guess it's just like a malt drink.

Coffee, though. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
.... I didn't even know there was such a thing as non-alcoholic beer. I'm astonished enough people would buy it in Australia that it's worth someone's while to manufacture/import it.

Good on your brother, though!

Also, how are you?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #264
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
'roo-spotting duty.
I lied. THIS made my day.

In fact, you have inspired my first ever location change
Old 05-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #265
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That is the best thing I have read in a while. at 7:45 AM you have already made my day.

It can only get better from here!!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #266
Vocal parasite

Quote:

.... I didn't even know there was such a thing as non-alcoholic beer. I'm astonished enough people would buy it in Australia that it's worth someone's while to manufacture/import it.
... Claytons doesn't ring a bell?

But that's the extent of my knowledge of non-alcoholic "booze", since it entered the lexicon, re: a Claytons solution.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #267
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Or possibly murder. If that fucking smoke detector had still been beeping when I got home, I'm not sure my neighbour would still be alive right now ...!
Oooooh, I feel your pain.

When I was living in student residence, every so often some alarm would go off, somewhere in the building, and IT WOULD GO ON AND ON AND ON FOR FUCKING DAYS.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #268
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Lazy...

A friend of mine was even lazier, I think she insisted on calling everyone by one syllable. So I became Al.
And I naturally called her Betty, from then on.
I hate it when I'm "Ond" or "Dray". Though certain characters here like to call me Dr Dre.

Quote:
Exunctly. It's plain stupidity, they'll be damn lucky if they don't get themselves into some sort of trouble.

When we went to Broken Hill on a field trip, we did the last leg at night, and they put the whole busload(s) of us on 'roo-spotting duty.
Driving through the Outback is fucking BORING too. It all ends up looking the same. You're sleep deprived, exhausted, it's all blurring together ... you don't even notice the 'roo.

I knew a guy who grew up in St George, Outback Queensland and the amount of stories he could tell of idiotic drivers ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #269
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Oooooh, I feel your pain.

When I was living in student residence, every so often some alarm would go off, somewhere in the building, and IT WOULD GO ON AND ON AND ON FOR FUCKING DAYS.
AND NOBODY BROKE IT? If my smoke detector pisses me off, I'll just break it. I can't tolerate the noise.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #270
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I lied. THIS made my day.

In fact, you have inspired my first ever location change
I'm flattered!

I won't get too big a head about it, since you're very sleep deprived

I don't think any of us actually spotted any, incidentally.

Of course, there were cows among the tents the next morning. That was fun.

Then there were the dingo dens in the middle of the mapping area... lotta rotting sheep carcasses.

Tags
superthread