A question about airfare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Are all one way flights more expensive than round trip?

I just ask because I may be going to Europe next summer. And while it's about $550 to fly to London round-trip, it's close to $900 one-way....which is a problem, because I wanted to hit London, Paris, and then leave from Rome or something...so if I want to leave from another city, do airlines offer you something to get around this? Or am I screwed and have to take off from the same city.

Travellers, what do you do??

advice from an airline person:

YES....one way travel IS more expensive than roundtrip. If you are looking into travel in Europe, try RyanAir or EasyJet. SUPER cheap fares.

:up:

There should be an option for you to book a multi city trip. I did this last month for the same price as a regular round trip.

Where's Zoney? He'll know the answer to your question.....

I could be stuck on a bus on my way to St. Louis -OR- (if my lacrosse team decides to suck) - on a plane to San Diego for Coachella.

I have never wanted failure as a coach more in my life than this year. :(

Lurk the Dog said:
I could be stuck on a bus on my way to St. Louis -OR- (if my lacrosse team decides to suck) - on a plane to San Diego for Coachella.

I have never wanted failure as a coach more in my life than this year. :(

:(

:hug: Zoney :hug:

Lurk the Dog said:
king's house? Memphis?

:ohmy: missed this....yep! 'Tis always been a dream of mine to celebrate my 30th birthday in a mansion.

:| Not really...I just can't afford to go anywhere else. I'm dragging 2 Interferencer's with too. :up: Should be a damn good time!

Lurk the Dog said:

YES....one way travel IS more expensive than roundtrip. If you are looking into travel in Europe, try RyanAir or EasyJet. SUPER cheap fares.

Lurk the Dog said:

I also totally agree with this. If you are willing to fly during slightly odd hours, etc, you can get amazing deals on these two airlines in Europe. There were 1 p promotions (+ taxes of course) for a while...

arw9797 said:

:ohmy: missed this....yep! 'Tis always been a dream of mine to celebrate my 30th birthday in a mansion.

:| Not really...I just can't afford to go anywhere else. I'm dragging 2 Interferencer's with too. :up: Should be a damn good time!
*joins the thread invasion*

:hyper:

Usually if you have a connecting flight it's cheaper, too, but that's probably more for domestic flights now that I think about it...

Talk to a travel agent. They know how to book multi-city trips, and I don't think that they cost like a one-way fare. Also, some of the airline websites have a link you can click to book multi-city trips.

Melon

Can't you get open-jaw tickets? Where you fly into one city and fly out of another? Usually that works out around the same price as a return ... to the city that's furthest away, I suppose. I'm not really sure!

Lurk the Dog said:

whoa :ohmy: That IS supercheap. I can fly from London to Rome for (pounds symbol) 5.99. It's like $15 Cdn.

$15!!

How the hell do they get away with being so cheap? Is it actually a decent airline? I mean, what's in it for them??

Back
Top Bottom