8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #856
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
i was in bar...3 days ago? monday. 2 days ago. it's a crowded not very nice town, i decided it wasn't worth exploring, but i sat on a bus there in traffic for upwards of half an hour.
Ha, sounds riveting ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #857
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I dropped about five purity points, if that says anything.
Oh SNAP. What was his name?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #858
The Male

Local Time: 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Oh SNAP. What was his name?
Quote:
Oh SNAP.

Now.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #859
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oooh thank you! I am so jealous. What was the Albanian train like?
it was slow, for starters. the bus from durres-tirana is 40 minutes including traffic. the train was like 70 or 75 though it is scheduled to be 1 hour. all the windows were shattered, i assume from people throwing rocks. i sat in the very front which porbably was a mistake cause several windows were open and it was really loud when the engine blew its whistle, which was frequently, i dunno why. we went through a tunnel and it stank. but there was much more space on the train than on the really really overcrowded buses that have zero legroom. i definitely agree with the guidebook that says don't take the train for any journey other than tirana-durres. it is cheaper, though.

i also took 2 videos in motion from the station, or 3, i forget. but they might be the first thing to get deleted if i'm low on space.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #860
The Male

Are any of the towns/places we go to in these superthreads genuinely worth visiting? Even GG thought Dildo was a disappointment.

Now.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #861
Vocal parasite

Quote:
it was slow, for starters. the bus from durres-tirana is 40 minutes including traffic. the train was like 70 or 75 though it is scheduled to be 1 hour. all the windows were shattered, i assume from people throwing rocks. i sat in the very front which porbably was a mistake cause several windows were open and it was really loud when the engine blew its whistle, which was frequently, i dunno why. we went through a tunnel and it stank. but there was much more space on the train than on the really really overcrowded buses that have zero legroom. i definitely agree with the guidebook that says don't take the train for any journey other than tirana-durres. it is cheaper, though.

i also took 2 videos in motion from the station, or 3, i forget. but they might be the first thing to get deleted if i'm low on space.
Hah, somehow I am not surprised. Sounds like quite the experience, though I'm not entirely sure it's quite the experience I'd seek from a train myself, heh. I definitely will be looking forward to seeing your pictures.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #862
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Are any of the towns/places we go to in these superthreads genuinely worth visiting? Even GG thought Dildo was a disappointment.
Well, I'll try to pop down to Hiscock Road in the next couple of weeks and see what that part of Melbourne is like ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #863
Blue Crack Addict

was my advice useful? porbably not. but email me the details! i want juicey gossip.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #864
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
djibouti's supposed to be pretty awesome. i live in jamaica plain and i like it a lot.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #865
The Male

Quote:
was my advice useful? porbably not. but email me the details! i want juicey gossip.
Not much to share, unfortunately. Learning how to drive, finally (got the permit yesterday), but that's about it. Don't worry, your advice still has a chance to come in handy.

Now.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #866
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Not much to share, unfortunately. Learning how to drive, finally, but that's about it. Don't worry, your advice still has a chance to come in handy.
Remember: if any gets in her eye, you can subtract an additional 3 points from your score.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #867
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hah, somehow I am not surprised. Sounds like quite the experience, though I'm not entirely sure it's quite the experience I'd seek from a train myself, heh. I definitely will be looking forward to seeing your pictures.
i'll be taking some overnight trains, minimum i'll be doing varna (bulgaria) to bucharest and bucharest to belgrade. i may also book 2 nights in a row to go round trip from bucharest to chisenau, the moldovan capital, just to see moldova, but i'm wary especially of doing that alone, so we'll see.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #868
The Male

Quote:
Remember: if any gets in her eye, you can subtract an additional 3 points from your score.
:fuckyeah:

Now.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #869
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Not much to share, unfortunately. Learning how to drive, finally (got the permit yesterday), but that's about it. Don't worry, your advice still has a chance to come in handy.
well, good luck, and remember, if any gets in her eye, she has every right to spit the rest in your face, knee you in the balls, etc.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #870
Blue Crack Addict

http://forum.interference.com/f196/p...re-188125.html
hhahaha i love the n00b reactions from people who have no idea who the slow loris is.

Tags
superthread