8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
We may have had one early this morning. The noise of the storm woke me up, it was either hail or really forceful raindrops hitting my window. I just went back to sleep because weather doesn't phase me at all... but now I have no way of knowing if it actually hailed or not, because the news website doesn't talk about weather that has already happened
I'm a weather whore

Kapiti Coastal roads are closed with a super high tide and massive surges coming across the road!!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #272
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
We didn't really use computer too much in grade school. Middle school, yes. For book report and that type of thing. All Macs. High school, same story.
Depending on which lab you were in, the Mac were either red or blue in the middle school. In the high school, they were those white, flat screen ones.
technically i didn't use macs in elementary school, they were apple 2s

i still remember there was a big red button on the keyboard and we were told to never press it. can't remember what it said though

oh, later we did get actual macs, and i remember playing a game featuring arthur, the bunny on cbs.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #273
Refugee

Local Time: 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Oh fuck me in the goat ass. It's a decent movie, I can see why a lot of people like it, just not for me. It's like the requisite movie girls coerce guys into watching and the guy feels inclined to like it to get some cred, that's what I've gathered, at least.

Rachel McAdams is a cutie though.

I loved that movie just cause its so sweet. I watch it like everyday. Seriously. I watched it with my best friend thats a guy and he like never cries and he cried sooo hard at the end. It was hilarious.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #274
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Huh. All of our schools were only Macs. Guess I couldn't complain since I took quite the liking to computers. uh:

I think I will! It's totally worth it for Blueberry-Chocolate muffins.
When we had the mix of Mac and Windows computers at primary school, my Mac-loving friend and I would always argue about which to use whenever we had to work together on something. Usually meant everybody else beat us to the computers and we got a dodgy one.

Awesome.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It has to do with him being more manly and intense than most men... even after being in two musicals and Little Women.
He got sexed by Ewan McGregor in Velvet Goldmine
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #276
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
His teeth are strangely straight in front. I got distracted by that a few times during TDK. That and the Batman voice. Sorry, but it cracked me up.
I couldn't stand to listen to that after awhile. Number 1 reason that movie wasn't an immediate favorite. In fact...it's pretty much the biggest reason. I mean...He did that like ONCE in Begins. He did it like 20 times in TDK, and it was awful
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #277
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

ooh and my preschool even had computers. i forget the kind of computer it was, but our monitors were tv screens. i got my picture in the paper with me sitting at a comp
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #278
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
His teeth are strangely straight in front. I got distracted by that a few times during TDK. That and the Batman voice. Sorry, but it cracked me up.
The Batman voice used to kind of bother me, but I've warmed up to it. If you're as well-to-do and prominent in the city as Bruce Wayne, it'd make sense to cover your face (check) and your voice - plus, it's intimidating enough to make me want to shit my pants if I ever saw him.

I'm also glad he can turn his neck in the new Batsuit, too. Finally, he won't have to fight people who are directly in front of him.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:30 AM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i'm listening to a mp3 player that i bought at a yard sale and it has carrie underwood on it.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:30 AM   #280
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Kapiti Coastal roads are closed with a super high tide and massive surges coming across the road!!
WOAH WOAH WHAT?

I'm guessing State Highway 1 between Pukerua Bay and Paekakariki, but anywhere else too?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-23-2008, 01:30 AM   #281
Blue Crack Supplier

Mine are actually more prominent than his.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:30 AM   #282
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:17 PM
I love that they addressed the fact that, previously, Batman couldn't turn his head.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #283
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Britastic! View Post
I loved that movie just cause its so sweet. I watch it like everyday. Seriously. I watched it with my best friend thats a guy and he like never cries and he cried sooo hard at the end. It was hilarious.
That plot's only something that would work in a movie though.

If it happened in real life, the guy would be posting suicidal LiveJournal posts and vowing to leave everyone forever, only to come back and build their goddess in disguise a house. Shit, son.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The Batman voice used to kind of bother me, but I've warmed up to it. If you're as well-to-do and prominent in the city as Bruce Wayne, it'd make sense to cover your face (check) and your voice - plus, it's intimidating enough to make me want to shit my pants if I ever saw him.

I'm also glad he can turn his neck in the new Batsuit, too. Finally, he won't have to fight people who are directly in front of him.
Good point. I think I was so shaken up by the Joker, I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or shit my pants by the end of TDK.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #285
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by *browneyedgirl* View Post
i'm listening to a mp3 player that i bought at a yard sale and it has carrie underwood on it.
OMG I love her! I love country music! She is like my idol!

Tags
superthread