21+

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
21+ shows are the bane of my existance. and will continue to be for the next couple years.

i know with local shows i can't go cos they're all at places where they serve beer. not just bars either...everywhere that serves alcohol. and even if you're not going to try to buy alcohol, you're not allowed in to see the band. my favourite local band broke up in september and they played their last gig which was 21+. i went and said "hi, my name's kim, i'm a big fan of the band, i'm not old enough to go to the show, but i just want to say that i really liked geting to hear you when you played all ages gigs". they were really sorry that they couldn't sneak me in (cos the people at the door are really strict about i.ds) and chatted a while outside (except the drummer who needed to set up his drums) and the drummer even wrote that the singer and bassist talked with a poor 18 year old university student who came by just to say hi...

i was really hoping they'd sneak me into the show...

A younger man, eh? :hmm: :sexywink:

A lot of canadian venues are 19+ (our drinking age) which made it a real pain in the...when I wanted to see shows. and my birthday is near the end of the year (end of Spet) too, so that made me wait even longer to see some shows. Turning 19 was the happiest day of my life (well, not really, but it was close).

Just think meg. In a few months you'll be living in England and won't have to worry about this sort of thing anymore. :)

I can't even get into 16+ movies.

In Singapore, there are about four places where you can actually have a decent concert - the Indoor Stadium (big indoor arena), Kallang Theatre (small venue) and Fort Canning Park (outdoor shows). Anything 21+ they'll just dump into the Zouk disco.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I can't even get into 16+ movies.

In Singapore, there are about four places where you can actually have a decent concert - the Indoor Stadium (big indoor arena), Kallang Theatre (small venue) and Fort Canning Park (outdoor shows). Anything 21+ they'll just dump into the Zouk disco.

Hey, I suddenly remembered how they're stricter with the age requirement in Southeast Asia for the movies (I'm originally from the Philippines). The funny thing is that we never had an age requirement to drink. :laugh: I think the first time I went to a bar was when I was 13 or 14.

Back
Top Bottom