2012 AFL Thread IV - Where Fremantle win the Grand Final between Hawthorn & Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, more Americans playing here would be great. About four of them already beat Naitanui's vertical jump record in LA.

Tadgh's Irish/Australian accent's a bit hard to make something of, hey.

And yeah, I mean North, Traviud. Getting ahead of myself. Looks pretty likely we'll be playing the Roos, I guess.

I swear Swan's the king of the flukey-60-metre-kick-that-dodges-everyone-and-bounces-through goal. I swear he does it all the time. Essendon's everything is shocking.

Ugh why do we get shitty Saturday afternoon we won't get 50,000 then stupid AFL.

495134-gary-ablett-snr.jpg

(Wrong Gazza, but still ...)

I didn't think the match was awful at all :shrug: Maybe just actually being there helped, but I had confidence right up until the last 10 minutes or so. That was a million times better than our games of the last few weeks, when I knew we were losing pretty much from the bounce.

Unfortunately Travis Cloke remembered how to play, too. Sadly, he looked great.

Essendon don't have anything in them if their pitiful performance against Richmond is anything to go by!

Haha, we showed you. (And me. I predicted an eighty point drubbing, not leading for a decent amount of the early proceedings.)

I totally reckon North Melbourne put the brakes on to set up a final against West Coast instead of Geelong. Shame too, since I wanted the elimination finals to be a derby and the battle of the Scott brothers.

If Kardinia Park's current renovations were completed, the Geelong vs Fremantle match should be at their true home ground.

Hopefully from next year we'll be able to play finals there.

So we've got

Hawthorn v Collingwood, MCG, Friday
Adelaide v Sydney, AAMI, Saturday
Geelong v Fremantle, MCG, Saturday
West Coast v North Melbourne, Patersons, Sunday

Absolutely spewing I'll be away, particularly as that first quali will be orgasmic.

Our problem is going to be playing interstate in the second semi. We win that and we are a massive, massive chance to win the flag I reckon. We know we can beat Hawthorn and we will get up and about if we have to play Collingwood.

Our problem is going to be playing interstate in the second semi. We win that and we are a massive, massive chance to win the flag I reckon. We know we can beat Hawthorn and we will get up and about if we have to play Collingwood.

Pretty confident about next week? Stevie J goes for the snap kick after the siren and it's marked on the line. Freo by a point!!! :wink:

Geelong would rather face Sydney than Adelaide I reckon. I think it'll be top 4 in the prelims.

I'm pretending to be confident and that we have a chance against the Hawks. But we've been SOOOO BAD since the Sydney game. Having horrible thoughts about what the margin might end up being. :crazy: Whoever wins that qualifying final has a foot in the GF already I think.

Still think Hawks v Swans granny. Adelaide are a smokey if they win next week.

Newman stands down as Richmond captain. Who to take over the captaincy? Cotchin or Deledio?

Reckon it'll be the same as when Tom Harley retired, Ling took over even though we all knew Selwood was captain in waiting.

Deledio for a couple of years than Cotchin. He's done too much for the club and has courted no controversy.

Richmond have been fucking awful this afternoon.

You'd think on a day like this against Port they'd be cruising, not trailing.

I don't think Justin Westsoft has put on any muscle since being drafted.

HAHAHAHA Richmond HAHAHAHA how could you drop a 2 goal lead with a few minutes to play AGAIN. That's just sad.

We finally have our first draw of the year!

Haha, first draw of the year right at the arse end of the regular season.

Let's have another drawn grand final. :lol: Met a guy in Cromwell who was at the North vs Pies draw. He said it was one of his fondest sporting memories.

Back
Top Bottom