2 Underrated REM songs - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #76
The Fly
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Originally posted by lazarus
Diehard R.E.M. fans have ALWAYS been bitter about U2. It bothers them that U2 reached such high levels of fame after coming out of the same college rock soup that R.E.M. did. It's sad because the bands are such good friends, yet in a lot of these people's minds U2 can do nothing right. They're sellouts, Bono's an idiot, etc.
I'm a diehard fanatic of REM and i love U2, Really love them. I know what you mean about murmurs though. I hate the way they dis U2 over there. I got kicked out for defending Bono over there!

I started a thread saying that Bono was NOT an 'idiot' and shouldn't be hassled because of his charity work. In the end, i got in a big argument with about 10 Bono haters and got kicked out with no reason given! A member for 6 months with nearly a thousand posts banned cause i defended Bono. It's headwrecking I do agree that some are just jealous of U2's success.

However don't let them turn you off REM, the band. Yes, the two bands are the best of mates and both are still making great music. Just give it a chance. And, yes, both are still the best 2 bands in the world, without a doubt in my book!(see my thread! hehe). Anyway, not all die hard REM fans hate U2, and not all are idiots. Here to another 10 years with U2 and REM still making shit hot records(Oh, but REM do need to bring out another 'New Adventures' style rock album..........like NOW).